Suck For Luck - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 18.11.2011, 02:20 PM
Team Captain

The Colts don't need to suck for Luck, they just plain SUCK this year!

Joking aside, to me this has shown two things:

1. Peyton Manning is, without doubt, a genius. Green Bay won the Superbowl last year with 15 players on IR, and the Colts can't even win one game without Manning.

2. A lot of the so-called great players on the Colts roster are quitters. I've just looked through the season stats for Colts players and, with a couple of exceptions they are pitiful. At least when the Dolphins had no wins they looked like they were trying.

Getting Luck won't help the Colts. They need players in the secondary who can pick off a pass, brick wall defensive tackles, an offensive line that can actually block and a quality running back. Other than that, they look ok!
Sponsored Links
Old 23.11.2011, 07:57 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
The Colts don't need to suck for Luck, they just plain SUCK this year!

Joking aside, to me this has shown two things:

1. Peyton Manning is, without doubt, a genius. Green Bay won the Superbowl last year with 15 players on IR, and the Colts can't even win one game without Manning.

2. A lot of the so-called great players on the Colts roster are quitters. I've just looked through the season stats for Colts players and, with a couple of exceptions they are pitiful. At least when the Dolphins had no wins they looked like they were trying.

Getting Luck won't help the Colts. They need players in the secondary who can pick off a pass, brick wall defensive tackles, an offensive line that can actually block and a quality running back. Other than that, they look ok!
Low stat numbers don't mean that a guy has quit. Low receiving stats mean that we haven't thrown the ball well enough, low rushing stats mean that we have been behind in games, so have not been in a position to run the ball. Low sack and interception numbers mean that teams have been ahead of us, and so have been running the ball a lot.
But it works both ways, high tackle numbers on the part of Pat Angerer and Kavell Conner do not mean that those two guys have been working extra hard,(though I cannot prove that they haven't) it means that our offence can't sustain drives to keep them off the field and is putting them in positions to make tackles.
I also think that it is the case that now we don't have Peyton, teams simply have more time to gameplan during the week to work out how to stop guys like Freeney, Mathis, Wayne, Collie, Clark etc.