Draft - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 16.12.2012, 03:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
sounds good to me. anyone got any good websites for this info?
well i reckon madden would be good for determining who is out of contract and ages.

dunno about good websites though.
Sponsored Links
Old 18.12.2012, 07:58 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
sounds good to me. anyone got any good websites for this info?
It won't be long until someone posts a link to all contract / free agency info on the Colts.com forum. I will keep an eye out.
Old 31.12.2012, 07:35 PM
Team Captain

Our Oline is one of the worst in the league, if Warmack is there we have to take him. If not then it may be smart to trade down considering we have no second round pick and could also do with an OLB(assuming Freeney goes) a Dlinemen, another CB, a WR for the future(assuming Collie leaves, and Reggie only has 2 years left on his contract) and maybe a RB if we choose to get rid of Donald Brown, think it's time to accept that he is a bust, he's making first round money, and he's only ever had a couple of games that I can remember where he's looked like a first round pick. Even this year when he was healthy Ballard was outplaying him.

Saw someone mention David Amerson earlier. I don't get they hype about him to be honest. Yes he lead the nation in ints as a sophomore, and yes he is tall, but that doesn't make him a first round pick. Jayron Hoseley lead the nation in ints as a sophomore too and he was a third round pick. I've seen him play twice this year, once against Tennessee where Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson (two guys who I wouldn't mind us trading back and picking up) burned him all game, and today in the music city bowl i saw Aaron Rodgers little brother (also a qb) double move him to get wide open in the endzone, which would have been a td if the running back could throw the ball. Also, I'm not sure I like the idea of us using our first and second round picks on Corners, but then if Dee Milliner is there, then I wouldn't mind us taking him.

Last edited by matt-n_94; 31.12.2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04.01.2013, 02:07 PM
Rookie

Default Colts 2013 Draft

In terms of key needs, upgrades are needed everywhere on defence other than ILB, and along the offensive line other than LOT.

The Colts will be picking in the mid-twenties and, looking at the draft class, I believe that with this pick there will value at the Guard, Safety, Wide Receiver (not an obvious immediate need, but a replacement for Reggie Wayne needs to be groomed) and Defensive Tackle (it's a deep defensive line class) positions

By the time the Colts are on the clock I would suggest the below 5 players would represent good value and be of immediate help (in no particular order):
- Jonathan Cooper, the Guard out of North Carolina
- Matt Elam, the Safety out of Florida
- Kenny Vaccaro, the Safety out of Texas
- Jesse Williams, the defensive lineman out of Alabama
- Justin Hunter, the Wide Receiver out of Tennessee

Right now, Cooper would be my preference - I've seen a quote from Bill Polian which was along the lines of as long as you have a franchise left tackle and one franchise guard, you can augment them with solid starters to give you a good enough offensive line to win a Championship. The Colts already have Castonzo at tackle, and taking Cooper means the o-line is not going to need to be addressed in the early rounds for a decade.

Having traded for Vontae Davis in the preseason, the Colts currently have no second round pick. From rounds three onwards, I'd simply advocate best player available with a bias towards defence.

Health warning 1: Free agency takes place before the draft and the Colts have a considerable amount of cap room they have to spend because the 89% cap floor kicks in this year. Players they recruit here may influence the above. Personally, I hope they don't make any risky big mortgage-the-future-type splashes and instead focus on second-tier guys who offer value (my particular favourite would be Levitre, the Guard from Buffalo)

Health warning 2: It's still very early in the process and the draft is not until the end of April. Prospects will rise and others will drop as we go through the combine, pro days, and team visits. I'd be very surprised if my final first-round shortlist is the same 4 prospects as I've listed above.
Old 09.01.2013, 11:00 PM
Pro

I would LOVE us to take a chance of Tyran Matthieu!

Yes he has his demons, but I think Chuck could get him to behave himself, and there's no doubting he'd have gone Top 10 in the draft before his ban!
Old 11.01.2013, 01:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbria Colt View Post
I would LOVE us to take a chance of Tyran Matthieu!

Yes he has his demons, but I think Chuck could get him to behave himself, and there's no doubting he'd have gone Top 10 in the draft before his ban!
Hoping he drops to 3rd / 4th round because of character concerns....then we pick him up!
Old 13.01.2013, 02:52 AM
Hall of Fame

Also free agency, i dont think reggie is a number one guy anymore, he played all over the field this year. Out wide and in the slot. I think we need a number one guy brand new.

So i think we will want to go for one of either dwanye bowe or mike wallace. I'd like both if im being honest, but if i had to go for one, i'd like bowe.

Dont see collie or freeney back.

I'd take a pop at welker for a 2-4 years, maybe 5-6 million a year with a get out clause after year one, i reckon new england are making a huge mistake, but i see a lot of teams wanting to nab him.

Levitre the bills guard i like the look of, if we can get him at a good price i'd pull the trigger and make this move.

I dont know if he will be available but if jake long gets to free agency we really should go all out to get him, he is a top ten tackle, if not top five when healthy, he could move castonzo over to the rt spot and move the current starting tackle inside. Instantly improving three spots on the line. 4 if we were to nab the bills guard as well.

I believe paul kruger could be a free agent but with number 52 retiring he ravens have some money to spend on him. Id pull the trigger on that move, he knows our head coach and our system, and he has played well this and for a few years now, really underrated
guy for a few years.

I have no idea about he draft but if we nail that, we could look at d-line or safety/cb or maybe a replacement for freeney. With our first pick
Old 14.01.2013, 01:13 AM
Team Captain

Just read an article linking us, the Eagles and New England with Armond Armstead, a 22 year old DE/DT who used to play at usc. Don't know much about him, just that he had a heart attack whilst at usc (for which he's now suing them) as well as the fact that he was a CFL all star as a rookie last year and lead the Argonauts to a Grey Cup.
Hopefully he looks at what Jerrell Freeman did and chooses us, if it doesn't work out then who cares? just another low risk potentially high reward move that a few of you have mentioned already.
Old 04.02.2013, 09:48 AM
All Pro

Maybe we can get the thread title of this changed to Draft and Free Agency?

Another potential free agent is 3-4 DE Tyson Jackson from the Chiefs. I have read reports that he is likely to be cut as he has $14m base salary in 2013. He doesn't really have any pass rushing ability but is a stud in the run game apparently. Thoughts?
Old 04.02.2013, 04:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo1904 View Post
Maybe we can get the thread title of this changed to Draft and Free Agency?

Another potential free agent is 3-4 DE Tyson Jackson from the Chiefs. I have read reports that he is likely to be cut as he has $14m base salary in 2013. He doesn't really have any pass rushing ability but is a stud in the run game apparently. Thoughts?
Liked him coming out of college at LSU, of course being picked 3rd overall he is considered a bust. Id be comfortable with him as a starter on our team next year, as you mentioned he is very good in the run game and hes still young and talented