Edgerrin James; Underated Running Back? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 09.11.2005, 07:50 PM
All Pro

Default Re:Edgerrin James; Underated Running Back?

[quote author=Monie link=board=1;threadid=14555;start=0#msg335581 date=1131564152]
[quote author=dooogs, WAG link=board=1;threadid=14555;start=0#msg335530 date=1131561588]
Fact: The most underwatched, and possibly underated player in the NFL today is the 49ers Brandon Llloyd. I've looking up stuff about him because of that amazing catch on Sunday, and the catches he pulls off are brilliant. He's consistant and gets less press due to the team he plays, and their constant QB shuffling.

[/quote]He's also horribly inconsistant and can never therefore be rated that highly.
[/quote]

I would agree. He has a talent for the spectacular catches, but he really isn't that consistent when it comes to getting open, and he does drop some clangers, although not so much this season. To give him his credit, he does seem to be improving with every year, and obviously the whole QB situation in SF hasn't really allowed him to showcase his full talent. But fair play to him for not complaining to the media about it, as a certain ex-9ers big-mouthed WR almost definitely would have done by now.
Sponsored Links
Old 09.11.2005, 08:28 PM
All Pro

[quote author=dooogs, WAG link=board=1;threadid=14555;start=0#msg335530 date=1131561588]
Fact: The most underwatched, and possibly underated player in the NFL today is the 49ers Brandon Llloyd. I've looking up stuff about him because of that amazing catch on Sunday, and the catches he pulls off are brilliant. He's consistant and gets less press due to the team he plays, and their constant QB shuffling.
[/quote]

I can't get enough of this

Old 09.11.2005, 08:45 PM
All Pro

Edge is having a good year, but is not one of the top three backs in the NFL.

What he does he does well and he has adapted his game after the ACL.

He is definately a finesse back as opposed to a power back.

Defences are dropping back in pass coverage to stop Peyton and dge is saying thank you very much.
Old 09.11.2005, 08:51 PM
All Pro

edge, like most good running backs in the nfl, is a system back. he fits with the style of offense. also teams are so worried about manning that they forget about edge
Old 10.11.2005, 07:51 AM
All Pro

I wouldn't view the Edge as underrated because he is very highly rated.
I would say that Tiki is quite underrated. Despite being in NY, he doesn't really get the props he deserves. Probably due to a previous fumbling problem (which has been got rid of [fingers crossed])

Plus over the past few years the Giants haven't been particularly succesful.
Old 10.11.2005, 11:54 AM
MVP

clearly out of touch with the "ratings" if you think he is underrated. His success is taken for granted by the mainstream
Old 10.11.2005, 12:26 PM
All Pro

i think he's getting alot more recognition this year and deservedly so, he's great and finding gaps, but somtimes can lack the strenght to finish off drives(hence dom often coming in on goal)personally he's definitely in my top 5, considering putting him at 3 ahead of mcgahee and portis. Also gotta agree about warrick dunn he's been brilliant this year for the falcons.
Old 10.11.2005, 03:39 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to PJL

I wouldnt say he is underrated per say, James is just so well known that there is no real need to talk in depth about him, but I think everyone will say that he a top RB in the league.

Also, Lloyd is a WR who makes stupid mistakes but is capable of being the best player on the pitch. Look at his catch against the Giants on Sunday (although it was ruled out) was perfect