Offseason moves - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 12.03.2015, 12:28 PM
Pro

Send a message via MSN to TubbyTJ
Default Offseason moves

I like what we've done so far in the off-season. I'll really miss Reggie Wayne - but on reflection - probably something that needed to be done (especially after the Andre Johnson signing).

Love the Gore move and just hope we win any appear in respect of Trent's suspension to get out of the dead money we'd need to wear when we cut him.

Just hope we continue to improve the lines.

What does everyone else think?
Sponsored Links
Old 13.03.2015, 07:49 PM
Pro

I agree. Definitely upgraded on an already potent offense. I would like to think they are done on that side of the ball and concentrate fully on the defense in the draft.

Don't know how much cap is left but would like to see Wilfork on a 2 year $10 mill deal that is being floated around.

Safety, and trenches in the draft
Old 14.03.2015, 10:44 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer7 View Post
I agree. Definitely upgraded on an already potent offense. I would like to think they are done on that side of the ball and concentrate fully on the defense in the draft.

Don't know how much cap is left but would like to see Wilfork on a 2 year $10 mill deal that is being floated around.

Safety, and trenches in the draft
I agree with this and that the D should be our focus in the draft. However, I would like to see us pick up a promising rookie RB (maybe in round 3 or 4) - someone who can sit behind Gore for a season or so learning his trade, before going on to become our main back.
Old 15.04.2015, 11:46 AM
Pro

Agree about taking a rb, Seen the local boy Tevin Coleman linked a few times. Duke Johnson could be worth a 3rd/4th rounder to keep the Miami quota up.
Old 24.04.2015, 07:02 PM
Starter

No love for Boom Herron? I thought he played incredibly well down the stretch considering how heavily leaned upon he was after the coaches realised how awful Trent Richardson is. If he can clean up the fumbling issues then I feel like he can become a solid starter in a year or two, in the mean time a 1-2 punch with him and Gore would be excellent. Also it's cool to have a guy who has his own chant every time he touches the ball.
I don't hold out much hope for Vick Ballard coming off two season ending knee injuries, but I'm rooting for him. If Zurlon Tipton was the #3 guy at the start of the year then I don't think that'd be too bad, he looked alright as a rookie when pressed into action, and hopefully he can improve with time.
It seems like quite a deep class for RBs so if we took a guy to compete with Tipton for that #3 spot later on in the draft then I'd be ok with that.

I just feel as though we have too many needs on defence to go spending a high-ish pick on a RB. We need to find a starting safety, some depth at CB and ILB, at least one DL, and another guy to rotate as a pass rusher wouldn't hurt.
At this point I think you have to assume that Mathis isn't going to be effective when he gets back on the field, and take it as a surprise if he is. At his age coming off a PED suspension and a torn achilles though, it's not likely. Then we have Trent Cole who I like, but he's not going to be around for ever, Newsome showed some potential, though I feel like most of his sacks last year came as an unblocked defender. Werner has shown almost nothing for a 1st round guy, and Walden is what he is, mediocre as a pass rusher.

If Cherilus' knee is buggered, then RT is a big need for us also. I like Reitz, but I don't think he can be a high level guy. Our 7th rounder from last year Ulrick John looked ok in about a quarter and a half against the Jets starters in week 1 of the pre season before breaking his leg, so we'll see how he develops.
I still think C is a need also. Harrison and Holmes are young, so maybe one of them will develop into a high level guy, but all the flip flopping at the position last year doesn't really bode well for either guy.