Super Bowl 53. Game day thread. - Page 20 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Sponsored Links

Old 05.02.2019, 08:16 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Boring Superbowl ending in boring same old result. Boring.

I'd like to say I'm looking forward to the draft but we've got nothing in the 1st round. Got to try and work out what I'm going to do with my Sunday nights again.
7 long months till opening weekend,1 month till free agency then all the draft hype but doesn't make up for no football.oh well
Sponsored Links
Old 05.02.2019, 08:20 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
7 long months till opening weekend,1 month till free agency then all the draft hype but doesn't make up for no football.oh well
Well there's that new Alliance of American Football coming up, which seems to be a feeder league for the NFL, not sure if its got a TV deal over here but if it has it might be worth giving it a go?
Old 05.02.2019, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar Raider View Post
Agree with this, the question is though how do we get more people back on here?
Well, that’s the million dollar question!

Think a lot of people have gone over to the dark side (Twitter/Facebook), where reasoned debate is shunted into the background in favour of knee jerk comments/insults and memes. Would be interested to know how many of the “regulars” disappeared because of problems with the site (particularly not being able to sign in)? Might have to chase a few of them up during the offseason. Have to say, it is a complete and utter disgrace how the site has been neglected in recent years...
Old 05.02.2019, 09:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Having to log in all the time (on the mobile site) doesnt help. It makes nipping on and off the forum a pain in the you know what, especially when the forum isn't mobile friendly to begin with. Admittedly logging in isn't a massive task, but it eventually puts you off. After all, how long is it since this sites log in system actually worked properly?!
Old 05.02.2019, 09:27 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar Raider View Post
Well there's that new Alliance of American Football coming up, which seems to be a feeder league for the NFL, not sure if its got a TV deal over here but if it has it might be worth giving it a go?
There was a mention on the Gamepass thread that there may be two games a week on NFL Network but not confirmed yet.
Old 05.02.2019, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Having to log in all the time (on the mobile site) doesnt help. It makes nipping on and off the forum a pain in the you know what, especially when the forum isn't mobile friendly to begin with. Admittedly logging in isn't a massive task, but it eventually puts you off. After all, how long is it since this sites log in system actually worked properly?!
Don’t understand it tbh, no other forum I’ve used has anywhere near as many problems as this one. I created my own forum last year in about 5 minutes, and it doesn’t seem to have any issues. I’ve been fairly lucky on here over the years, but this account was virtually unusable for about 3 months up until the last couple of weeks, I’m frequently signed out (despite ticking the box to stay signed in) and I have to use an old password to do anything Moderator related...
Old 05.02.2019, 10:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Don’t understand it tbh, no other forum I’ve used has anywhere near as many problems as this one. I created my own forum last year in about 5 minutes, and it doesn’t seem to have any issues. I’ve been fairly lucky on here over the years, but this account was virtually unusable for about 3 months up until the last couple of weeks, I’m frequently signed out (despite ticking the box to stay signed in) and I have to use an old password to do anything Moderator related...
I think somewhere in the distant past some type of software or code was added to this site that undermines everything that has been done since. It's now buried so far back that nothing short of a fresh start will fix it. (or I could be talking nonsense as Ive got next to Jo experience building websites! )

On the SB front, I see not one defensive player received a single MVP vote. I'm guessing every single vote went to Edelmen then????
Old 05.02.2019, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think somewhere in the distant past some type of software or code was added to this site that undermines everything that has been done since. It's now buried so far back that nothing short of a fresh start will fix it. (or I could be talking nonsense as Ive got next to Jo experience building websites! )

On the SB front, I see not one defensive player received a single MVP vote. I'm guessing every single vote went to Edelmen then????
I would have voted for Ryan Allen, but apparently it wasn’t possible to vote for Punters?
Old 05.02.2019, 10:54 PM
GOAT

Quote:

while i do think Edelman had the best overall game, i would of voted for Gronk because it was such a tight game he made the big, tough and important play.
i'm not saying 1 play should be enough to get an MVP but the situation dictated it for me.

Jason McCourty would of been next in line for me for the same reason.
Old 06.02.2019, 07:22 PM
MVP

Quote:

with the MVP voting think 20% was from fan voting and then 16 members of the press got asked so sure the fan voting included some defence.

the other issue is the whole defence played such a great game it was hard to pick out one guy,Gilmore had a INT/FF Van Noy/Hightower had sacks and QB hits/Pressures but Edelman had 10 catches for 100+ yards so stood out as the best offensive player on the winning team(Cooks had some yardage but very late in the 4th after voting finished).