The Good
Gronk
Gronk
more Gronk
RB never heard of before.
TB being TB
"Where is Roger"

The Bad
Run defence, but seen on NESN they say that almost forced Ben to throw.
Defence as a whole looks a bit pourus.

The ESPN
The radios.
Sponsored Links
Old 14.09.2015, 04:41 PM
All Pro

Good
- Passing game looks a hell of a lot better compared to Preseason, though having Gronk and a healthy Edelman back will do that.
- The Offensive line looked good and held up well considering the young pieces in the middle, though the real test will come this week against Buffalo.
- Lewis was great at RB, replacing Vereen excellently. I expect him to have another big week in the pass game against a stout Buffalo front.

Bad
- Secondary play bar McCourty, Butler in particular was picked on. However I think Brown is the toughest cover in the league with all the ways he can beat you so we'll see how he does against Watkins this week.
- Easley going down again. After all his injury history I was excited for him to come back healthy, especially after looking good in preseason, then he get injured in the first quarter. Thankfully only out a couple weeks.

Ugly
- The run defence against a 32 year old DeAngelo Williams was awful. The fact the Steelers didn't even have Pouncey makes it look even worse. First time I can remember our ends having such trouble setting the edge.
- Mike Tomlin being a sore loser and making up excuses on why he lost because he knows the media will eat up any Patriots conspiracy story he sells them.
Old 15.09.2015, 08:38 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris caulfield View Post
Good
- Passing game looks a hell of a lot better compared to Preseason, though having Gronk and a healthy Edelman back will do that.
- The Offensive line looked good and held up well considering the young pieces in the middle, though the real test will come this week against Buffalo.
- Lewis was great at RB, replacing Vereen excellently. I expect him to have another big week in the pass game against a stout Buffalo front.

Bad
- Secondary play bar McCourty, Butler in particular was picked on. However I think Brown is the toughest cover in the league with all the ways he can beat you so we'll see how he does against Watkins this week.
- Easley going down again. After all his injury history I was excited for him to come back healthy, especially after looking good in preseason, then he get injured in the first quarter. Thankfully only out a couple weeks.

Ugly
- The run defence against a 32 year old DeAngelo Williams was awful. The fact the Steelers didn't even have Pouncey makes it look even worse. First time I can remember our ends having such trouble setting the edge.
- Mike Tomlin being a sore loser and making up excuses on why he lost because he knows the media will eat up any Patriots conspiracy story he sells them.
Agree with all of this, the only thing i would say about Brown is his TD came in garbage time, Butler shuld of had it to be fair but at least it wasnt a meaningful play in the respect of the game was already gone.
Old 15.09.2015, 04:46 PM
Pro Bowler

The Good
Number 12
Number 11
Number 87
OL played better than i thought it would
The Bad
Run D
Pass D (Where was this awesome front 7 to take the heat off the corners)
Taking the foot off the gas in the late 3rd/4th QTR
The ESPN
Mike "It's not my fault we sucked the SpyingDeflatingRadiointerferingPatriotsAllwaysChea t" Tomlin was so lame was a shame cause he's above that or so i thought.
Old 15.09.2015, 05:13 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapEd View Post
The Good
Number 12
Number 11
Number 87
OL played better than i thought it would
The Bad
Run D
Pass D (Where was this awesome front 7 to take the heat off the corners)
Taking the foot off the gas in the late 3rd/4th QTR
The ESPN
Mike "It's not my fault we sucked the SpyingDeflatingRadiointerferingPatriotsAllwaysChea t" Tomlin was so lame was a shame cause he's above that or so i thought.
Are we thinking of the same Mike Tomlin? The same Mike Tomlin who actually tried to impede a player during a kick return play a couple years ago? Imagine if Belichick did that, other teams fans would be calling for a lifetime suspension.
Old 16.09.2015, 11:21 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris caulfield View Post
Good

Do we think Lewis will get a similar amount of play time, what with Blount back in week 2?
I was impressed by the kid, he was fast as lightning, shame about his 1 fumble, but apart from that he was awesome!
Will Bill pick him over Blount though?
Old 16.09.2015, 12:46 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsy View Post
I would, because Blount looked flat and slow during the preseason and will get nothing between the tackles and has lost the ability to bounce outside*. The Bills are going to force TB to pass - Good.

* PLEASE prove me wrong.
Old 16.09.2015, 02:24 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Minuteman View Post
I would, because Blount looked flat and slow during the preseason and will get nothing between the tackles and has lost the ability to bounce outside*. The Bills are going to force TB to pass - Good.

* PLEASE prove me wrong.

I think this game will be crazy, the Bills are obviously on a high and this is Rex Ryans superbowl (im sure their the only 2 games a season he preps for).

anyway I can see Blount being the lead back again for stric rushing plays but i expect to see a few screen passes thrown to Lewis to get up up the field. I can see Tom coming under a lot of pressure this week so quick short throws will probably be the order of the day. Im expecting Edleman to put up big numbers this week.
Old 16.09.2015, 04:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsy View Post
Do we think Lewis will get a similar amount of play time, what with Blount back in week 2?
I was impressed by the kid, he was fast as lightning, shame about his 1 fumble, but apart from that he was awesome!
When we play teams like the Colts of the past few seasons Blount will be the lead back as we rely more on the run game, for games like the Bills where we're going to pass more it'll be Lewis as the lead back.
Old 16.09.2015, 07:44 PM
MVP

We have to have a running game on sunday to help slow down the pass rush and watching Lewis he seemed to be another Danny Woodhead type player who can run between the tackles when needed but also on sunday Brady has to stick to the quick releases we saw versus the steelers.The Colts just played into Ryans hands by holding the ball while waiting for guys to get downfield.