The Good The Bad and the ESPN 2015 Edition - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Sponsored Links

Old 21.09.2015, 06:12 PM
All Pro

Good
- The offensive line was tremendous, holding up very well against a highly talented Buffalo front. Solder and Vollmer may of been expected to have their share of success, which they did, but it was good to see the 3 interior linemen hold up just as well. Especially Shaq Mason who's pass protection was questioned before the season, he definitely put in a solid showing in a game with over 60 dropbacks by Brady.
- The defence in general were pretty great. The pass rush, although aided by Tyrod Taylor at times, was greatly improved from recent memories of QB's having a day and a night to throw on us. Malcom Butler had a better week as well, though as the season goes on his job on Antonio Brown may end up looking decent actually.
- Brady, Gronk, Edelman blah blah could praise them every week. Though on the topic of skill position guys I'd point out Dobson who I've been critical of the past season or two who had a very solid game. If he can string another couple games like that together while LaFell is out there could still be hope for him yet.
- Amendola's catch, seriously amazing stuff.

Bad
- Another fumble from Dion Lewis. It didn't get him benched this time, but it is a worrying trend these first couple weeks. Hopefully he sorts it out as it'd be annoying to have another Ridley situation where we don't play our clear best RB due to fumbles.
- Any CB not named Butler trying to cover a fly pattern. Seemed like anytime the Bills sent someone deep on either Fletcher or Brown they got burned.

Ugly
- Letting the Bills come back into it late and make it look like a close competition.
Sponsored Links
Old 21.09.2015, 09:35 PM
All Pro

The Good

- Dion Lewis - yes he had the fumble, but the kid has 4th most yards from scrimmage in the league so far! He's ridiculously talented, always seems to make the first man miss...and apparently runs a mean go route! Hope he cleans the fumbles up, cos he could be a big piece this season

- Offence in general was awesome. We scored 40 points and must've left about 15-20 more on the field, which is a tad scary to think about! Brady is just dialled in so far, that throw to Gronk up the seam in the 1st quarter was a thing of beauty. All through preseason and camp we heard how they liked the young OL, and boy you can see why - I didn't hear Marcel Dareus's name called all day! Shoutout to Kline as well as the rookies, Kline is actually a really solid backup/starter. Vollmer/Solder awesome as usual.

- Defence - in particular the front 7 were dominant post the first drive of the game. Jamie Collins is just an absolute monster, nice to see Chandler Jones constantly in the backfield, and I thought everyone bar Fletcher did a decent job in the secondary.

- Gostkowski - guy is absolute money, best kicker in the league and it's not close.

The bad

- Bradley Fletcher. Stop leaving him one on one against deep threats please.

- Coaching 4th quarter - I have no problem with the offence still being attacking and trying to put points on the board, but why go prevent defence? Just asking for trouble. Stick with what's working for 60 minutes next time.

The ESPN/Ugly

- Marcus Cannon. I know we do this whole rotational OL thing early in the season, but putting this guy in the game let alone at LT is dangerous to our QB/RB's. A complete liability. Blew the block which led to the hit for the Lewis fumble, among numerous other poor showings. How bad must Cameron Fleming have been to get beat out by this bum
Old 24.09.2015, 12:21 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
The bad

- Bradley Fletcher. Stop leaving him one on one against deep threats please.
So much this. When we signed him I thought he could be a good player as long as we don't ask him to cover no.1 receivers or deep threats. He's not gonna be the best corner out there but he can do a serviceable job as long as he's not getting burned by player.

Then in back to back weeks we leave him out on his own against Darius Heyward-Bey and Percy Harvin (I think that is who he had) both players who are there to take the top off defences
Old 01.10.2015, 12:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Default Jags Game

The Good

Everything, we scored a fifty burger ffs

The bad

Ermm, being picky bu mcCourty not jumping on the ball

The ESPN/Ugly

Nothing
Old 03.10.2015, 01:07 PM
Hall of Fame

The Good
Offensive playcalling
Defensive pressure
Allen Robinson. Oh, you meant Patriots players? He was so good I had to list him.

The Bad

Gronk not getting a TD (hey there were so few bad things!)
Any CB not named Butler.
Playing no-name CB's instead of Brown/Fletcher. I know they've not been great, but stick them on possession or slot guys and they're great. Logan freaking Ryan shouldn't be in the league.

The Ugly
Harmon's terrible angle. The play was designed to allow Butler to go for the pick if he wanted as he had safety help. That safety was just awful.
Old 12.10.2015, 09:05 AM
All Pro

Cowboys Game
Good
- The defence played lights out this game. Fair enough there was no Romo or Dez, but the run game was a none factor despite the fabled Cowboys offensive line. Jabaal Sheard and Jamie Collins deserve a ton of credit especially.
- Edelman had a great game, including him making Morris Claiborne forget how legs worked.
- In game adjustments by the offence were key, especially in terms of avoiding pressure on Tom. No sacks by the Cowboys in the second half is a clear example of terrific in game coaching.

Bad
- Hightower, Solder & Harmon all left the game with injuries. Although Harmon returned the other two didn't so hopefully their injuries aren't serious and they don't miss any games.

Ugly
- 5 sacks in one half isn't acceptable and could of made this game much more competitive had the Cowboys been at full strength on offence. The interior line held up for the most part, but the tackles were abused when put on an island with Dallas' pass rushers.
Old 12.10.2015, 06:39 PM
MVP

Dont forget the kicking game Ryan Allen and his 62yd punt that backed up the cowboys before halftime and then Gostkowski and his 57yd fieldgoal.
Old 12.10.2015, 07:49 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Dont forget the kicking game Ryan Allen and his 62yd punt that backed up the cowboys before halftime and then Gostkowski and his 57yd fieldgoal.
True, the special teams guys deserved some credit in the good section as well. They always play a key part in close games like it was in the first half.
Old 12.10.2015, 08:08 PM
All Pro

The Good

- Dion Lewis and Julian Edelman - Lewis is as elusive as Barry Sanders and I genuinely don't think that's an overstatement. It's utterly ridiculous the clown suits he lays on people! Edelman is a true #1 WR. Both were awesome Sunday

- Jamie Collins - Again it's utterly ridiculous the plays this guy makes some of the time. Him and Hightower are the two best young LB's in the league right now (they just don't get the coverage of a Kuechly etc cos they're not the star of the team)

- Run D - excellent work up front by our rotation of DT's, and looking at the snap breakdown post game all 5 of them played similar snaps so really a group effort. Malcolm Brown in particular was impressive I thought.

- Jabaal Sheard - what a good free agent pickup this guy is, allowing Jones/Ninko to come off the field and actually playing himself into a rotation more often. Really promising.

The Bad

- Phil Simms - Always

- Running LeGarrette Blount on short yardage situations. He never gets it, he's too slow to get going and doesn't have the short area quickness to get out of the backfield. Either sneak Brady or spread em wide and throw/run Lewis against a empty box.

The Ugly

- Offensive Tackles - This might be the worst game I've seen Vollmer ever have, and Solder was also very poor. The interior OL was actually pretty good I thought, so I'm not too worried going forward because we know Solder/Vollmer will turn it round. Oh and please stop voluntarily putting Marcus Cannon in the game.

- Offensive PI plays - don't make them so flippin obvious!! How the pick on the Edelman TD didn't get called is truly beyond me, Amendola literally just puts his hands up and goes into the player!
Old 12.10.2015, 08:21 PM
MVP

think Brady said on his radio interview that they where not prepared for what Dallas did with its front 7 on defence so as bad as Vollmer and Solder where beaten on the first half pass rush it maybe was as much a down to the dallas coaches just out smarting Belichick to start the game.Once the adjustments where made it was a lot better.