Somehow missed this story - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Sponsored Links

Old 01.10.2015, 10:38 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Somehow missed this story

Quote:
"Last week, the New England Patriots requested the reinstatement of both John Jastremski and Jim McNally. The Patriots have satisfied the league’s requirements for reinstatement and the league has granted permission for the employees to return.”
Didn't get quite as much coverage as the start of the saga
Sponsored Links
Old 02.10.2015, 05:01 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbrae View Post
Both guys are allowed back to work but neither are allowed near the footballs for the 2015 season.Think the whole argument over why they where suspended after the Wells report came out got more air time than the guys going back to work.

Off topic but Big ben on the sideline last night with something that sure looked like a mobile phone is getting some twitter coverage.
Old 02.10.2015, 10:06 PM
Pro Bowler

Wonder if the NFL can afford another investigation?
Old 03.10.2015, 07:43 AM
MVP

Quote:
Wonder if the NFL can afford another investigation?
The official line is that Big Ben had a laminated playcard but the footage that CBS aired showed something that looked very much like a smart phone,if the steelers had not over done the whole headsetgate thing nobody would care.Still cant believe the ravens won that game.
Old 12.10.2015, 03:03 PM
All Pro

Amazed me that, after all the off-season deflategate saga being dragged out as much as it was, these 2 being allowed back to work went un-noticed.
Old 12.10.2015, 04:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsy View Post
Amazed me that, after all the off-season deflategate saga being dragged out as much as it was, these 2 being allowed back to work went un-noticed.
Have you read Peter Kings MMQB today about the NFL and what they will do with all the PSI figures they collect this season,seems like they are scared if the winter weather games show what we all know which is the balls where never tampered with.
Old 12.10.2015, 07:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Have you read Peter Kings MMQB today about the NFL and what they will do with all the PSI figures they collect this season,seems like they are scared if the winter weather games show what we all know which is the balls where never tampered with.
PFT did a story on it as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-measurements/
Old 13.10.2015, 08:42 AM
All Pro

I hardly find that surprising! They should be made to release the information but I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.
That article reads as though they aren't testing every ball 3 times per game?? I thought that was the intention at the start of the season?
Old 13.10.2015, 01:39 PM
Pro

Quote:
Jastremski was re-instated mid September but still doesn’t have a definitive job or responsibility yet. They cant have him in charge of the balls so im assuming their trying to work out what the best role for him would be. The other guy Mcnally is a part timer so im assuming he will continue his job in the officials locker room.

Probably hasn’t been much coverage because they haven’t got roles yet but im sure you’ll hear more this week with it being Colts week.
Old 13.10.2015, 04:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsy View Post
I hardly find that surprising! They should be made to release the information but I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.
That article reads as though they aren't testing every ball 3 times per game?? I thought that was the intention at the start of the season?
The rules they brought in a very vague,after an off season of making deflategate a massive thing they should have done PSI check at every game this season but do we trust the league and there random choice of games.Every cold weather outdoor game should be on the list of games but since this whole thing has Dean Blandino and Troy Vincents name all over it they will only check dome or warm weather games in december.

Looks like Tom E Curran and Peter King are going to atleast keep asking the league for information rather than just accepting the Goodell non-answers.