Patriots fire coach - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Sponsored Links

Old 31.01.2016, 11:09 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
As bad as the denver game was for the o-line we have to remember Vollmer was playing on a bad ankle and Cannon is a back up tackle at best but even a fully healthy Solder/Vollmer would have there hands full with Ware/Von Miller on there day.

Think we drafted some guys last year but maybe we see why early in the season we where rotating lineman almost ever drive,guys are going to take time to become full time starter and in the salary cap era we have to try and save money sonewhere and if the tackles are costing $16m then you maybe have to put up with cheap guards.

Trust Belichick will have a guy lined up to come in and make the front 5 less of an issue but as we have said the lack of a running game allows teams to just tee off on almost every snap so once Lewis is back we will see who else we bring in as the bigger back.
They are paying Cannon a lot of money. As I said in the other thread, they need to cut him, but Belichick obviously sees something he likes so I doubt that counted in DeGuglielmo's favour.
Sponsored Links
Old 01.02.2016, 08:16 AM
All Pro

If Cannon was on a normal deal at around the vet minimum I would be ok with him sticking around (he can be OK) but at his price it'd be ludicrous to keep him on the roster.

His contract extension last year still one of the more baffling moves we've made in recent years
Old 01.02.2016, 12:03 PM
Team Captain

In the absence of any real football to watch last night, I decided to rewatch the butt-fumble game. I think we forget how 'bad' that OL was (In that game) in terms of names/experience/quality but I'll tell you what, they played like an experienced unit and we ran the ball quite well - and Cannon looked FAR better then than he does now. I'll bet that's got everything to do with the coaching, planning and schemes.

Recap - Vollmer and Mankins were out that day and we started Solder, Thomas, Wendell, Connolly, Cannon. Good, not great line up.

Last edited by 2-Minuteman; 01.02.2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 22.03.2016, 12:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Bit ironic that theres actually more posts to firing an OL coach that there was in the whole of the Panthers area all year.