BRADY to GAROPPOLO - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Sponsored Links

Old 26.04.2016, 02:12 PM
Rookie

Default BRADY to GAROPPOLO

Colin Cowherd, American sports journalist for Fox Sports Radio has argued that Brady's ban might work out as a good thing for the Patriots as, given Brady's age, the team needs to work out whether Garoppolo is going to be good enough to fill his shoes when Tom eventually retires.

He says that Garoppolo having 4 regular season games to play and 4 months before hand + any pre season games will give him a chance to develop as best he can before the opening game against Arizona. Then we'll truly know if he'll be good enough for when Brady retires and if not, the Patriots will have to work out how they're going to do play the Draft in the years before Tom does retire.

Nothing will better prepare Garoppolo for becoming the Patriots starting QB in the future than playing in 4 regular season games this year. Then again, what if we lose game one in a blowout loss.

The video clip can be found here... https://twitter.com/TheHerd

I'd love to get people's thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Old 26.04.2016, 03:50 PM
MVP

Before this off-season that might have been a point as Bradys contract would run out when Jimmy g rookie deal was also expiring(2014 to 2017)(like denver with peyton/brock a bit) but Bradys 2 year extension has money guaranteed upto 2019($7m in each of the 2018/19 seasons) so they would have to pay jimmy G and swallow dead money which is to expensive and aint happening unless Tom's arm turns into peytons.....

The trade-bait for Jimmy G if he plays well is maybe a better conversation.....

Last edited by lee harris 10; 26.04.2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03.05.2016, 03:10 PM
Pro

I agree that there's a definite upside to this for the Pats. They'll find out exactly what they have in Garoppolo with two possible options if he shows even the slightest bit of promise - keep hold of him until Brady goes or ask a desperate team to pay big for him. Just look at how much the Texans offered Osweiler.

I can see him coming out of the 4 games 3-1 and if that is the case it'll be interesting to see how the Pats move forward.
Old 03.05.2016, 08:51 PM
All Pro

I can't see it going Brady to Garoppolo personally;

Problem is Jimmy G's contract is coming to an end soon (not so not next season, but the season after), so really we will be needing to make a decision on him next year.

If he plays well in those four games, he will probably want to go be a starter elsewhere and we will want to get a haul of picks for him

If he doesn't play well, we may just let him run his contract down as a backup and let him go, and either see what Brissett has or another draft pick

Brady is going to be here another 3/4 years (injury permitting) in my opinion. I can't foresee a situation where Jimmy G lasts that long (no matter what he does)
Old 09.07.2016, 09:02 AM
All Pro

I think it's far more likely we jettison Jimmy G in a trade if he performs well. Which is probably best for his career as well. I imagine Brady will be around a few years yet.
Old 08.09.2016, 07:16 PM
All Pro

Is the new Brady banner a slap in the face to Jimmy G going into week 1?
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/fo...hats-wrong-ode
Old 08.09.2016, 08:11 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsy View Post
Is the new Brady banner a slap in the face to Jimmy G going into week 1?
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/fo...hats-wrong-ode
its the same none story for the team as the media trying to spin something out of Jimmy G's comment about the QB room with just him and his back-up.Last year the plan was to put a Brady banner up instead of the superbowl one till Tom was back and now instead a year later we get the 65ft poster on the lighthouse which is not going to have any negative effect the team Belichick will make sure of that.What next ask fans to not wear #12 jersey during the 3 home game stand or ask the fans not to chant Brady's name at any point.
Old 09.09.2016, 03:40 PM
All Pro

hahaha the next stage of the bag policy...
Old 12.09.2016, 06:11 AM
All Pro

Pretty good start for Jimmy! A few mistakes but he escapes and we win.
Old 12.09.2016, 08:18 AM
All Pro

Agreed, I think he looked better than he did in pre-season too! I was worried he'd be swollowed up come the real games but he extended plays well and made some tight throws!

Great to come out with a win in what most of us had written off as a loss already! Only 6 more days until game 2!