Confusing the Jets! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 03.08.2016, 10:37 PM
Pro

Default Confusing the Jets!

Hello Jets fans.
As a recent Jets fan myself, I'm just here trying to find out a little more about my team.

I wanted to know who was the most popular college football team among jets fans? And do Jets fans consider themselves from New York or New Jersey? Quite confusing with the states! I am a New York sports fan myself, Jets Mets Knicks islanders! Who are the most common teams Jets fans support ? Thank you all for replies.
Sponsored Links
Old 04.08.2016, 10:37 AM
All Pro

Welcome tstb. The Jets are originally a Long Island team but pretty much anywhere in the NYC/tri-state area is Jets country, even if we have to share it! The Jets/Mets combo seems a fairly common thread, a Shea legacy probably. The team are pretty much entrenched in NJ now though, for better or worse.

I don't follow college ball much, but I guess the 'home' college team would have been Hofstra but they closed their football programme a while ago.
Old 04.08.2016, 10:55 AM
MVP

I believe Rutgers is a local college team which some jet fans support. I believe our one time QB Ray Lucas was from Rutgers. They do have a bit of history with the pats as well as Bellichick seems to love taking guys from Rutgers.

Other potential college teams to follow are Temple (Philadelphia) who Todd Bowles and Mo Wilkerson played for. I'd also mention Pittsburgh as two of our best ever players (Curtis Martin, Darelle Revis) came from that program.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 07.08.2016, 03:32 PM
Rookie

Default Newbie to the forum

Thought I'd jump on this ahead of cracking open a new thread; I too am a recent Jets covert, been following since my first Wembley game @ 'Phins last year, and am pretty addicted to the team and the sport as it goes.

Excited ahead of a tough schedule for this season and to get down to Wembley again for the games, hopefully see you guys around more as I pick up more and more to do with this great sport!
Old 09.10.2016, 09:41 AM
Rookie

Default continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conodinho View Post
Thought I'd jump on this ahead of cracking open a new thread; I too am a recent Jets covert, been following since my first Wembley game @ 'Phins last year, and am pretty addicted to the team and the sport as it goes.

Excited ahead of a tough schedule for this season and to get down to Wembley again for the games, hopefully see you guys around more as I pick up more and more to do with this great sport!
Great . Please continue this topic.
Old 08.10.2017, 09:42 PM
Rookie

Jets, Mets, Nets and Islanders for me!