Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 12.08.2017, 08:23 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondstarpaul View Post
Had this reply today from help.nflgamepasseu@deltatre.com

Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to inform you that your invoice has been issued on date 08/01/2017 in GBP (139,99)
we advise you to check with your bank.

Thanks.

NFL Game Pass Support Team

I have replied today saying that I already had checked with my bank and they confirmed that I had been charged 156.49 in Euros, so I have now gone back to the bank to raise a dispute, one way or another we will find out who is at fault.
I received a similar email, very generic telling me I had been billed 139.99 in pounds. Immediately replied showing I hadn't.
Sponsored Links
Old 12.08.2017, 10:26 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by db316 View Post
I received a similar email, very generic telling me I had been billed 139.99 in pounds. Immediately replied showing I hadn't.
I emailed them back telling them I had already checked with bank, who confirmed I wascharged in Euros, a dispute has been raised so Deltatre will have to take it up with bank.

Was the email you recieved automated or not?
Old 12.08.2017, 02:01 PM
Pro Bowler

I still havent even been charged anything yet, but my account says valid until August 2018!
Old 14.08.2017, 09:10 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondstarpaul View Post
I emailed them back telling them I had already checked with bank, who confirmed I wascharged in Euros, a dispute has been raised so Deltatre will have to take it up with bank.

Was the email you recieved automated or not?
It looked like it was copy and pasted from a standard template, e.g. someone or a machine looking for keywords and just responding like a robot.

I'm sure this new contract is a lot cheaper for NFL.

Billing - taking people's money - is NOT something they should be so relaxed about.

I gave them the week to resolve it - will be contacting Amex to reverse the transaction. The principle of the thing is what's at stake - no company should be able to take whatever they want from you and then just ignore your attempts to contact them.

It's scummy behaviour
Old 14.08.2017, 10:04 AM
MVP

No active subscription, no pending transactions for me thank god.

Seriously I agree with what is said, in the age of automation and technology, mistakes do happen.

However, to stonewall the issue or pretend it never happened or to hope people go away or put up with it is the modern scurge of society with business today, the worst.

Fight the beggars. Everytime a company has tried to stonewall me they know about it. I've had to fight, threaten, expose the lot and they wilt. It saddens me I often have to really fire into a person on the phone who has zero to do with an issue, but it is the only way today, real aggressive I will be.

I would personally tell my credit card company to hound these beggars.

Unless these people used VPN and pretended to be in another country to get a better transaction rate or conversion like people have done on steam or other online stuff, then there is zero reason for Delatre to charge in Euros or whateva.

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 14.08.2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 15.08.2017, 08:30 AM
All Pro

I had a failed payment, auto renew.

Put in correct details to renew and I've been charged £105.99, less than what I was expecting.

Obviously I'm a lucky one but this highlights how much of a shambles this is. Crap product this year as well, not happy at all it was excellent last year no need to change!
Old 15.08.2017, 12:05 PM
Rookie

Default Billing/cancellation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheStar View Post
That's a very charitable attitude. They've been ignoring my emails since the beginning of July. I hope they come through for you.
I've had similar issues to many of you. I couldn't cancel my auto-renewal because no subscription was listed in my profile. I was auto-renewed (and was billed £164.99) on the 1st of August, and requested a refund on the 2nd - obviously well within the 14 day cancellation window. I finally received a generic acknowledgement of my request two days ago saying only that they were 'looking into it'.

My main concern at the moment is that as of tomorrow the 14 days will have passed. You would think that because of when it was requested I'd be fine, but given everything I've read on here about others' experiences, I am not inclined to be optimistic!
Old 15.08.2017, 12:59 PM
Team Captain

I spoke to trading standards today regarding being charged in euro's & not GBP as stated on the Website. I have been told that this is a breach of contract as we are only supposed to be billed in GBP. Trading standards advise to write a letter & ask for a refund & compensation to both Deltatre & NFLUK. Been advised to make the letter recorded delivery so someone signs for it, also put in the letter about how you have contacted them through Twitter or NFL Gamepass contact ticket & make a note of any replies or lack of replies. Just advice I have been given.

Bank also told told me reason I was charged in Euros was because the Merchant was based in Europe & thought it right to charge Euros, again just passing info on.
Old 15.08.2017, 06:59 PM
Starter

Bondstarpaul its my understanding the advice you've been given by trading standards is correct. Should any money matters go to court or to Police the first thing the courts would ask is what steps the individual took to highlight the problem and give the companies time to respond.
Should companies not respond or their answers are not what you like then the next step would be legal and/or police.
I would also point them to these forums which shows the 'size' and extent of the problem. I'm not sure about the rest of EU or world, these may only be UK?
I can imagine its a lot when you think theres only a small proportion on the UK on forum/twitter and even less who message?
If anyone has been charged without getting the gamepass or think they have been overcharged I'd would let bank know at the earliest...just my opinion.
Old 15.08.2017, 07:27 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklong_13 View Post
Bondstarpaul its my understanding the advice you've been given by trading standards is correct. Should any money matters go to court or to Police the first thing the courts would ask is what steps the individual took to highlight the problem and give the companies time to respond.
Should companies not respond or their answers are not what you like then the next step would be legal and/or police.
I would also point them to these forums which shows the 'size' and extent of the problem. I'm not sure about the rest of EU or world, these may only be UK?
I can imagine its a lot when you think theres only a small proportion on the UK on forum/twitter and even less who message?
If anyone has been charged without getting the gamepass or think they have been overcharged I'd would let bank know at the earliest...just my opinion.
I did make them aware of comments on here from other people in the same boat as me, also pointed them in direction of Twitter & Facebook as well.

Tags
billing , gamepass , nfluk