Super Moderator

Default Week 9. Titans @ Cowboys.

Game thread.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old 01.11.2018, 02:59 PM
Hall of Fame

This is it. Season on the line.

Is that over the top? Probably, but I genuinely believe if they lose this the Cowboys play off hopes are lost as well. After this game they have a tough run of 4 games. If they head into that run at 4-4 they can lose a game and still have hope. Enter that run at 3-5, lose a game you're in a big hole.

(plus, every game won brings the price of the Cooper trade down!)

Cowboys are 3-0 at home, and an 8-8 team almost every year, so I guess they win this one and reach that magical 4-4.

23 - 16 Cowboys
Old 01.11.2018, 04:55 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
This is it. Season on the line.

Is that over the top? Probably, but I genuinely believe if they lose this the Cowboys play off hopes are lost as well. After this game they have a tough run of 4 games. If they head into that run at 4-4 they can lose a game and still have hope. Enter that run at 3-5, lose a game you're in a big hole.

(plus, every game won brings the price of the Cooper trade down!)

Cowboys are 3-0 at home, and an 8-8 team almost every year, so I guess they win this one and reach that magical 4-4.

23 - 16 Cowboys

i think its time you got in a coach to match that ambition, its Jeff Fisher time

i also expect a tight Cowboys win.

so every game you lose puts the price of Cooper up
Old 01.11.2018, 05:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
i think its time you got in a coach to match that ambition, its Jeff Fisher time

i also expect a tight Cowboys win.

so every game you lose puts the price of Cooper up
About 10 years ago I wasn't totally against that idea!

Yep, if we go 6-10 the Cooper trade will look bad for a couple of reasons. Although it will still have made sense in terms of evaluating staff/playing personnel.
Old 02.11.2018, 12:32 PM
MVP

The Cooper trade would look bad even if we won the Superbowl! The 32nd pick is still too high for him.

As for the game, I actually think we'll win this in a low scorer. Mariota is dodgy as this season and think our defense will have enough to make him look even dodgier.

Cowboys 18 Titans 13.
Old 02.11.2018, 01:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
The Cooper trade would look bad even if we won the Superbowl! The 32nd pick is still too high for him.

As for the game, I actually think we'll win this in a low scorer. Mariota is dodgy as this season and think our defense will have enough to make him look even dodgier.

Cowboys 18 Titans 13.
The most annoying aspect of it all imo is we've needed an impact DT for years, and this 1st rd might be full of them. Not that it matters as they clearly don't value the position.

If we hold the 14th pick or lower then it should mean most of the 'top talent' will be off the board, then it's much easier to accept. (tbh, even though it's annoying to be without the pick, I'm fine with it because of the bigger picture)

I can see us in and around the top 10 though, and that'll mean we've missed out on a very good DT or even a FS (although signing Earl Thomas will sort that out).

If we can contain Mariota in the pocket, especially on 3rd down, we should have enough to win this one. Their D might slow Zeke down, but I doubt they slow him down enough.
Old 02.11.2018, 08:32 PM
Pro

On paper its a game the Cowboys should win, but it wouldn't surprise me if we sneak a win by 3 points.
Old 02.11.2018, 08:39 PM
MVP

Quote:
The most annoying aspect of it all imo is we've needed an impact DT for years, and this 1st rd might be full of them. Not that it matters as they clearly don't value the position.

If we hold the 14th pick or lower then it should mean most of the 'top talent' will be off the board, then it's much easier to accept. (tbh, even though it's annoying to be without the pick, I'm fine with it because of the bigger picture)

I can see us in and around the top 10 though, and that'll mean we've missed out on a very good DT or even a FS (although signing Earl Thomas will sort that out).

If we can contain Mariota in the pocket, especially on 3rd down, we should have enough to win this one. Their D might slow Zeke down, but I doubt they slow him down enough.
Yes, we can certainly make ourselves feel a bit better by handing over as low a 1st round pick as possible but its always going to hurt. I'd sooner have had Golden Tate than Amari Cooper considering what the Eagles had to give up to get Tate. It hurts us heavily in next years draft and its all been brought on by the mess we left ourselves in at the end of the last offseason.
Old 03.11.2018, 10:25 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Yes, we can certainly make ourselves feel a bit better by handing over as low a 1st round pick as possible but its always going to hurt. I'd sooner have had Golden Tate than Amari Cooper considering what the Eagles had to give up to get Tate. It hurts us heavily in next years draft and its all been brought on by the mess we left ourselves in at the end of the last offseason.
Not sure Tate was what they needed, he's more of a slot gut. The Tate deal is a good one, but a short term one. I think the Cooper trade was made with the next 5+ years in mind, whether that be with Dak or a new QB at the helm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Rivers Titan View Post
On paper its a game the Cowboys should win, but it wouldn't surprise me if we sneak a win by 3 points.
On a 3 game losing streak, at 3-4, this game looks to be as important for you as it is the Cowboys.
Old 03.11.2018, 10:36 AM
Pro

Quote:
On a 3 game losing streak, at 3-4, this game looks to be as important for you as it is the Cowboys.
True enough, although given our Division this year a loss might not be the end of the road, a win would be much better though.