WWE Thread - Page 729 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 02.04.2012, 12:36 PM
Pro Bowler

First Wrestlemania since I was about 13 and it was pretty good I have to admit.

SPOILERS

I can't say I'm surprised The Rock won. IMO he was never gonna come back to his home town and lose after a year of hype. All in all a good PPV but non of the results surprised me one, credit to Taker and HH that was a great match.
Sponsored Links
Old 02.04.2012, 12:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyke87 View Post

I can't say I'm surprised The Rock won. IMO he was never gonna come back to his home town and lose after a year of hype.
yeah i guess your right. Im glad he won, he is my fav wrestler of all time so im pretty pleased. I cant help but wonder if thats it for him again in the WWE for a few more years or whether there will be a few cameos every year etc?
Old 02.04.2012, 02:47 PM
MVP

Decent WM in all and would have been great had they given any focus on the other matches except the big 3. The 3 main matches all delivered IMO, all very different too.

The emotional brawl in HHH-Taker, brilliant storytelling, Michaels acting emotionally spent in the corner was a superb touch. HHH being carried out after last year was excellent, gives Taker his credibility back and builds him up for a match with Cena/Lesnar/whoever next year.

Jericho-Punk was superb, it was a pure wrestling match with some nice storytelling added in, Jericho asking Punk to nail him with the chair was awesome. Some great exchanges, particularly with the submission holds. Getting the crowd into it was never going to be easy, sandwiched between HHH-Taker and Rock-Cena, they pulled it off though.

Rock-Cena lived up to expectation, not the same match quality of the other two but it was irrelevant, the exhanges at the end really were larger than life stuff and I was stunned they had the Rock go over. Great ending.

The other matches aren't even worth talking about and the music/concerts were cringeworthy, they really drag down what could have been one of the best WM's. Bryan's burial was the worst, best in ring performer on the roster by a distance and he loses in 18 seconds, nice to see the crowd chanting his name throughout the night though. That character is probably done now, shame too as it was just brilliant.

Overall 7/10 for me.
Old 02.04.2012, 06:43 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to steakz

was a decent WM imo,

Taker HHH match of the night for me the emotion involved was amazing.

Rock going over Cena was worth the money itself for me. but if you listen to Cole after the match he sort of sets up a rematch for next year, "last team with the ball" and all that. can see cena going on a voyage of discovery to improve and beat the rock next year. cant see it being a heel turn as such but at least a character change i think.
Old 02.04.2012, 06:50 PM
Starter

Hmm I could see what was going to happen with The C-Rock and I was totally underwhelmed. He didn't need the win IMO....like Cena said, he's here every night working his butt off. Dwayne will now just swan off back to Hollywood to make more trash movies and earn more big bucks.

I hope there is a rematch next year...and Cena buries him.

Raw should be interesting tonight
Old 03.04.2012, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMaiden#1 View Post
Hmm I could see what was going to happen with The C-Rock and I was totally underwhelmed. He didn't need the win IMO....like Cena said, he's here every night working his butt off. Dwayne will now just swan off back to Hollywood to make more trash movies and earn more big bucks.

I hope there is a rematch next year...and Cena buries him.

Raw should be interesting tonight
Certainly was! Tensai (aka Prince Albert) made his debut and the show ended with this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WepLkDh5C9M
Old 03.04.2012, 01:34 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Certainly was! Tensai (aka Prince Albert) made his debut and the show ended with this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WepLkDh5C9M
I see the Rock has promised to become WWE champion again.......good to hear.I suspect he'll be gone for a few months now as I know he has another movie to make but sounds like he will be back sometime this year or maybe early next
Old 03.04.2012, 01:41 PM
MVP

Best Raw in a LONG time.

Lesnar being back is huge for the WWE, a legit star to get some guy really elevated into main event status. Hopefully he crushes Cena and it leads to his heel turn, it's certainly getting very interesting. I never really liked Lesnar as a star though, he's dangerous in the ring, average at best on the mic and doesn't have a good attitude, he's also clearly stopped roiding, which means he's not quite the freakish athlete he was, but he's still pretty good.

The Rock's farewell so to speak was epic, best promo since he's been back, he said he'll be WWE Cahmpion again, which is awesome. Can't wait to see where that leads, he'll be gone for a while though.

Best moments of the night though - Daniel Bryan being the most over guy in the crowd despite not even being on the show.

To say the Bryan match backired on Vice is an understatement, Sheamus was almost booed out of the building. If that carries on, they're going to have to do something drastic.

This is the dark match from last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMBZJtUOi94

4:51
Old 03.04.2012, 04:46 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
I see the Rock has promised to become WWE champion again.......good to hear.I suspect he'll be gone for a few months now as I know he has another movie to make but sounds like he will be back sometime this year or maybe early next
As much as I would want that to happen I think its just usuall Bull***t lol. He said last year that he was back and he was going to stay and he didnt
Old 03.04.2012, 05:09 PM
Starter

I wonder if, with Lesnar back, they'll persue this angle.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHF5DhPKtWw

And then this from 6 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUpEu...eature=related

Last edited by IronMaiden#1; 03.04.2012 at 05:27 PM.

Tags
fixed , ham-n-egger , kayfabe , know your damn role , not a sport , ring rat , smart mark , suck it!!!!!!