New York Jets Thread - Page 103 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 30.01.2006, 11:55 AM
MVP

Default Re:New York Jets Thread

I'm pretty much against trading up and would prefer to trade down to be honest.If we were going to trade for the first pick then we would probably have to trade a 1st day pick from next years draft.We have too many holes to fill.

What do you all think on the subject?
Sponsored Links
Old 30.01.2006, 11:57 AM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to Bongo46

[quote author=Woolley_Man link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=1020#msg418366 date=1138622134]
I'm pretty much against trading up and would prefer to trade down to be honest.If we were going to trade for the first pick then we would probably have to trade a 1st day pick from next years draft.We have too many holes to fill.

[/quote]

Your quite right, we can't really do it without next year's picks. Im not sure we are even allowed to trade. My plan behind was to trade down and get Ferguson as I fell he would be the most beneifical to the Texans, but I will have to take one the skill position superstars instead.
Old 30.01.2006, 12:00 PM
MVP

[quote author=Bongo#46 link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=1020#msg418370 date=1138622267]
[quote author=Woolley_Man link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=1020#msg418366 date=1138622134]

[/quote]

Your quite right, we can't really do it without next year's picks. Im not sure we are even allowed to trade. My plan behind was to trade down and get Ferguson as I fell he would be the most beneifical to the Texans, but I will have to take one the skill position superstars instead.
[/quote]
In reality,that should be the Texans plan as well,what good is getting Young or Bush if they have no o-line in front.It's not a smart way to develop a QB or RB.
Old 30.01.2006, 12:39 PM
All Pro

Whats the situation with Pennington, do you guys think he can still lead the Jets or do you think its time for Chad to move on?

I think its a huge shame with his injury but having an injured shoulder isn't good for a QB. I liked watching Chad lead the Jets, he is a good QB!
Old 30.01.2006, 02:40 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Reevzee link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=1020#msg418402 date=1138624740]
Whats the situation with Pennington, do you guys think he can still lead the Jets or do you think its time for Chad to move on?

I think its a huge shame with his injury but having an injured shoulder isn't good for a QB. I liked watching Chad lead the Jets, he is a good QB!
[/quote]

I agree he is a good QB, and one of the smartest and most accurate pocket passes in the game.

I'm pretty sure he will be back next year, how effective he will be though is another matter.
Old 30.01.2006, 09:06 PM
MVP

It seems ramezes wish has come true,we've hired Brian Schottenheimer as our OC,i just hope he doesn't share his Dad's approach to football.

Quote:
Jets hire Schottenheimer as offensive coordinator
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

The New York Jets' search for an offensive coordinator has ended, as ESPN.com has learned that the team has hired San Diego quarterbacks coach Brian Schottenheimer, the son of Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer.

Schottenheimer, 32, interviewed last week for the key position on first-year coach Eric Mangini's staff, and was said by league insiders to have been extremely impressive in his presentation. The addition of Schottenheimer certainly continues a trend of sorts toward youth on the Jets staff, as Mangini is just 35 years old.

The younger Schottenheimer essentially replaces Mike Heimerdinger, who was released by the Jets from the final two years of his contract, so that he could rejoin the staff of the Denver Broncos, for whom he previously worked.

The Jets had interviewed several candidates for the coordinator post and it is believed that Schottenheimer won out over Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur. The Jets also spoke with former Cleveland Browns head coach Chris Palmer, who on Monday accepted a position on the Dallas Cowboys' staff.

The offensive coordinator job is critical for any franchise of course, but it figures to be especially crucial for the Jets. There is uncertainty involving the quarterback position, as Chad Pennington continues his rehabilitation from a second shoulder surgery, and might not be ready for training camp. Star tailback Curtis Martin will turn 33 in May and his productivity was dramatically diminished in 2005. And the offensive line unit showed too much age last season and needs to be revamped.

A former college quarterback at Kansas and the University of Florida, Schottenheimer has been in the league for seven seasons. He joined the St. Louis Rams' staff for the 1997 season, coached at Kansas City in 1998, then went to the college level for two years at Syracuse (1999) and Southern California (2000).

After spending the 2001 season on his father's staff with the Washington Redskins, he followed the elder Schottenheimer to San Diego in 2002. Schottenheimer is said to have a very keen feel for the passing game, is good in mentoring quarterbacks, and was key to the development of Chargers' quarterback Drew Brees the last two seasons.
Old 31.01.2006, 04:12 PM
MVP

Looks like trades are allowed in the mock draft,Does anybody think we should look at trading down and getting more picks?
Old 31.01.2006, 07:42 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Woolley_Man link=board=1;threadid=8297;start=1020#msg419873 date=1138723921]
Looks like trades are allowed in the mock draft,Does anybody think we should look at trading down and getting more picks?
[/quote]

I just found out about this flurry of activity. It's a great idea! I think we should look to trade down and get more picks.
Old 01.02.2006, 05:47 PM
Team Captain

I don't think trading up is a good idea either, in either the real draft or the mock! Should we post on the mock draft thread asking for offers?
Old 01.02.2006, 06:50 PM
MVP

I made post simply stating that we are interested in trading down and if one wants to deal then come by the thread.No offers so far though :'(