New York Jets Thread - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 31.03.2005, 07:40 PM
MVP

Default Re:New York Jets Thread

Great stuff,We have to get approval from the Empire State Development Corp and the Public Authorities Control Board.But with so much momentum behind the Stadium,the chances are they will approve.We may finaly be getting our very own Home.

Sponsored Links
Old 31.03.2005, 11:03 PM
Rookie

This is brill! We are gonna get a ground of our own!
Old 01.04.2005, 07:57 AM
All Pro

What a shame the naming of the stadium will be sold to some company or other, rather than coming up with something meaningful!

Still, it really is great news for Jets fans. I hope the stadium is as beautiful in reality as it is in the artwork we've seen so far.
Old 01.04.2005, 11:55 AM
Starter

Lets hope they set up a web cam like the Cards have done for their stadium, not that you can ever bloody get on it.
Old 01.04.2005, 01:50 PM
All Pro

Thats great news! Looking forward to taking in game there...
Old 01.04.2005, 03:18 PM
DarthJet

Although good news I`m gonna wait till they start building the thing before I believe it, that Antoine Winfield business last year has taught me that the Jets always find a way to break my heart
Old 01.04.2005, 03:36 PM
MVP

here is a good article from the star ledger explaining what has happened and what is still to happen.

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index....5852221670.xml

Jets: Here's what you need to know
Friday, April 01, 2005
You've got questions about the Jets' victory yesterday for a Manhattan stadium? We've got answers:

What exactly happened yesterday?

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority board voted unanimously in favor of the Jets' offer for the air rights over a remote rail yard next to the Hudson River. The board rejected competing proposals from Cablevision Systems, owner of Madison Square Garden, and TransGas Energy Systems, even though they were worth more cash up front to the MTA.

When will the stadium be ready?

It takes about three years to build a modern football stadium, but the Jets still need more approvals. Also, they will likely need to win a court battle over financing for the project and questions raised about the MTA's bidding process.

In other words, expect the Jets to play in the Meadowlands for at least another five years.

What's next?

The plan still requires approval by the Empire State Development Corporation, which has already stated its support, and the Public Authorities Control Board -- made up of members controlled by Republican Gov. George Pataki, Republican State Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno and Democratic Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver.

The PACB vote has to be unanimous, and Silver and Bruno have expressed some reservations, which is usually code for, "What will I get in exchange for my support?"

Are there other obstacles?

The Jets and the MTA expect several lawsuits over the project. They will have to convince a lot of judges the process was fair and open and the project won't cause a major environmental hazard.
Where does this leave Cablevision?

In court, and with big legal bills. The company has a history of litigiousness and it will likely continue the battle in court.

If Cablevision loses, it has to hope a $300 million renovation of Madison Square Garden gives the building a leg up on the Jets Stadium, to be known as the New York Sports and Convention Center.

What about the Giants?

The Giants like life in the Meadowlands, but with the Jets' stadium gaining momentum, they may have a real option to move the team back to New York if they can't get a deal for a new stadium in New Jersey.

-- MATTHEW FUTTERMAN

THE STAR-LEDGER

Old 01.04.2005, 03:59 PM
Rookie

Default New York Jets Thread

Thanks alot woolley man. It keeps us in the loop during the quiet periods.
PS Does anybody know who has been sent out to NFL Germany+1 (sorry NFLE) from the Jets?

I have heard that SKY will be showing a NFLE highlights package on mondays. Are there any plans to show live games during the NFLE Season?

Best W,
Jet Fan
Old 01.04.2005, 04:07 PM
MVP

no probs.

As for who we sent over to Europe...

For the Berlin Thunder

Little John Flowers RB Michigan State

Terrence Stubbs WR Temple

For the Frankfurt Galaxy

Kevin Eakin QB Fordham

For the Hamburg Sea Devils

Tim McGill DT No College

Matt Chila TE Villanova

I've checked the depth chart for each teams and McGill is the only player starting.Terrence Stubbs and Little John Flowers(training camp regulars) are second on the depth chart.Kevin Eakin is the main back up behind Akili Smith and Matt Chila is third on the depth chart,(i believe he was injured in training camp,he might move up the depth chart as the season moves on.)
Old 02.04.2005, 10:51 AM
Starter

How can someone name a kid Little John Flowers! poor sod