2010 Draft Thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 05.01.2010, 11:43 PM
Banned

Default 2010 Draft Thread

With the season almost done and the draft around the corner, what areas do you think we need to strengthen on for next season? Firstly, any good kickers out there?
Sponsored Links
Old 06.01.2010, 01:21 PM
All Pro

'With the 32nd pick of the 1st round the Dallas Cowboys take......'
Either strengthen the depth at OL or a WR if there is value still there when we get to pick... Hope we don't trade down again and if we have to take the best player available.
Old 06.01.2010, 02:18 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
'With the 32nd pick of the 1st round the Dallas Cowboys take......'
Either strengthen the depth at OL or a WR if there is value still there when we get to pick... Hope we don't trade down again and if we have to take the best player available.
We could use some youth on the offensive line and a receiver would be a priority if Williams moves on.
Old 06.01.2010, 04:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewd71 View Post
We could use some youth on the offensive line and a receiver would be a priority if Williams moves on.
Williams will not be going anywhere for a while, however i do agree that we take a reciever. Not until the later rounds though, would be foolish to do so early when we have much greater needs right not. LT is a slot that will need filling, Flozell's time is up in my opinion, he has to commit a false start just to get off the ball in time. We might go Safety, despite the fact i have think Sense has been great at safety i see no reason why we shouldnt take a punt on one on day three - Especially when Ball has been playing there in both Hamlin and Sesnabaugh's absense.
Old 06.01.2010, 05:12 PM
All Pro

Doug Free may well be playing at LT next season.... Wade Phillips was on the Michael Irvin show Monday and he hinted that Free was a possible for either position... Don't think they will get rid of Flo in the off season either as he still will have a lot to offer even it's starting to become more of a back up.... Not sure how low Freddie Barnes, the WR from Bowling Green will drop, but if he is still there i would love to see us take him in round 3, he would be a great possession reciever.
Old 06.01.2010, 07:29 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to bigdewgo

Quote:
Doug Free may well be playing at LT next season.... Wade Phillips was on the Michael Irvin show Monday and he hinted that Free was a possible for either position... Don't think they will get rid of Flo in the off season either as he still will have a lot to offer even it's starting to become more of a back up.... Not sure how low Freddie Barnes, the WR from Bowling Green will drop, but if he is still there i would love to see us take him in round 3, he would be a great possession reciever.
I like the idea. But for me Free Weakness is Pass Blocking. He isnt dreadful but Run Blocking he is really good. LT is always seen as the stronger Pass Blocker and RT the better Run. I can see Adams playing next season. Only to give the 32nd draft pick LT, A chance to find his feet and learn from one of the best. There is a good kicker about i saw him in a bowl game a few days back, really skinny. But can kick really well. Can't remeber the team or name tho. OLB seems to be fine with Willams and Butler. Jason Willams after a season or 2 in the gym could be a very good MLB. And ive liked what Bobby Carpenter has brought to the table, not a starter but as the nickel, has excelled. RB seems pretty set, maybe maybe trade choice. But with injuries etc i dont wanna see it. TE we have obviouslt Witten and Bennett. Hoping 4 more next season from him in the recieving game. And Phillips has been very reliable. If we can keep the core of this team. And agen we will be able to address the main need at OL(aint getting no younger). And draft for depth again, not what some people may want to hear, but i feel its what needed, if we can keep the nucleus of this team intact. Romo, Barber/Jones, Witten, Willams and Austin. Ratliff, Ware, Spencer, James, and Jenkins. All of these are household names imo.

bigdewgo
Old 06.01.2010, 07:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdewgo View Post
There is a good kicker about i saw him in a bowl game a few days back, really skinny. But can kick really well. Can't remeber the team or name tho.
bigdewgo
Was it the Florida/Cincinnati game? There was a kicker there who hoofed it over from nearly 50 yds but i still wouldn't use anything higher than our 6th round pick on him or any other kicker.

Quote:
if we can keep the nucleus of this team intact. Romo, Barber/Jones, Witten, Willams and Austin. Ratliff, Ware, Spencer, James, and Jenkins. All of these are household names imo.

bigdewgo
We have to take advantage of the fact there will be an un-capped year next season and resign our players in this off season and not let them get to free agency and see our squad decimated like it was to free agency in the 90's.... I know the free agency pool is pretty poor at the moment but i think a lot of players who are under long contracts will be released in the off season by teams who simply can't afford them and if they are the sort of players who we need then hopefully we can sign a few.
Old 06.01.2010, 08:26 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to bigdewgo

Quote:
Was it the Florida/Cincinnati game? There was a kicker there who hoofed it over from nearly 50 yds but i still wouldn't use anything higher than our 6th round pick on him or any other kicker.

We have to take advantage of the fact there will be an un-capped year next season and resign our players in this off season and not let them get to free agency and see our squad decimated like it was to free agency in the 90's.... I know the free agency pool is pretty poor at the moment but i think a lot of players who are under long contracts will be released in the off season by teams who simply can't afford them and if they are the sort of players who we need then hopefully we can sign a few.
Yea that was the game. The Cinci kicker. As you said i wounldnt be using a good pick on him. Atleast with Behuler he is able to play special teams aswell as kickoffs. And im all for adding players from FA, Atleast these players are proven. Will be a good off-season, hopefully JJ will be able to work his magic and bank balance. All this talk of Next season, im pumped ready for Saturday. Could be my first ever Cowboys Playoff Win.

bigdewgo
Old 06.01.2010, 08:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Have to agree that the O Line should be a priority.

Big Floz is past his best and it is the O line that is giving up most of the penalties.

LT, WR and K are the three positions we need to improve.
Old 07.01.2010, 05:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Could be my first ever Cowboys Playoff Win.
Same - Hopefully with more to come