NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 19.01.2010, 08:28 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
What would Indy be like as a place to visit when going to watch a game
Lots of good food, nice hotels and a welcoming attitude. Hoosier hospitality reigns, but I fear a visitor from Great Britain or Europe may find us a bit boring. We have some wonderful museums (Indiana Museum of Art, Children's Museum, Conner Prairie and Indiana State Museum, etc), shopping malls, some very nice sporting venues, but again our European and East/West Coast American friends may find us lacking. We try though.

The Hoosier Hospitality part is sincere, btw...

And the best tasting fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and apple pie you'll taste from this side of the pond. The auto racing, football and basketball fever will come for free!
Sponsored Links
Old 19.01.2010, 08:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_87 View Post
Well I'm coming over to represent the UK when I study at IU in the fall so at least they'll be one more out of towner! Plus it will be a personal mission to see a couple games at Lucas Oil

An early welcome to Indiana! We're proud to have you! And I hope your mission to Lucas Oil will be fulfilled! I'm certain it will, and it will be all the better during and after your attendence. Indiana will feel honored to have you cheer on the Colts with the rest of us!

IU huh? Bloomington. That is an easy 1 hour drive from Indy! You can attend lots and LOTS of Colts games if you wish! Cheering them on at Lucas Oil is the best, but you'll also have every opportunity to watch them on local tv... all the Colts games are aired throughout Indiana. Along with the Pacer games!

Welcome to our small, mostly unnoticed yet very beautiful and welcoming state!
Old 20.01.2010, 01:26 AM
All Pro

when I get back into work I hope to be in indy for a colts game.. I do think the lack of media coverage we get by certain people during the off season is due to the location and the fact our players arent prima donnas
Old 25.01.2010, 11:20 AM
Starter

Default superbowl

congratulations for getting to the superbowl.

im a british redskins fan and we just are'nt firing on all cylinders this year.

colts are very good team with strength in every department.

the colts name are not as popular in britian but may be now they will get more publicity as they go to the superbowl.

Last edited by washingtonredskins1; 25.01.2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 28.01.2010, 05:30 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKixx View Post
when I get back into work I hope to be in indy for a colts game.. I do think the lack of media coverage we get by certain people during the off season is due to the location and the fact our players arent prima donnas
Well, fingers crossed you make it to Indianapolis for a Colts game in the very near future!
Old 28.01.2010, 05:34 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtonredskins1 View Post
congratulations for getting to the superbowl.

im a british redskins fan and we just are'nt firing on all cylinders this year.

colts are very good team with strength in every department.

the colts name are not as popular in britian but may be now they will get more publicity as they go to the superbowl.
So does this mean you are a temporary Colts fan and you'll be rooting for/with us during the Super Bowl this year?
Old 07.02.2010, 08:45 PM
Rookie

If the colts win the superbowel then their popularity will increase just because they won the same is poperly ture for the other teams that have won the big one.
Old 07.02.2010, 08:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcoltsfan View Post
If the colts win the superbowel then their popularity will increase just because they won the same is poperly ture for the other teams that have won the big one.
But they did win one a few years back - that is largely the point of the thread. They have had success, but seemingly haven't attracted the fandom in the same way as other successful teams like the Patriots for example.
Old 07.02.2010, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul31 View Post
But they did win one a few years back - that is largely the point of the thread. They have had success, but seemingly haven't attracted the fandom in the same way as other successful teams like the Patriots for example.
Its because Jughead is as likeable as the mange

I kid, I kid.... I only mock Manning because I'm jealous, and because he's a weirdo.
Old 08.02.2010, 01:23 AM
Rookie

Well I have not been a Colts fan before .. but I have been to Indy 3 times now .. mostly for the racing (500 and MotoGP) and yes I live in the UK - and I really like Indy and Indiana as a state .. Anyway as soon as I heard that the Colts were in the Super Bowl I was a fan :-) Half-time and the Colts are winning !! :-)

Looks like I'll be going to a home Colts game next time at I'm in Indy!!