Why you choose the Cardinals???? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Sponsored Links

Old 09.09.2010, 09:29 PM
Rookie

Default Why you choose the Cardinals????

Hey guys

I saw this on a few other teams forums so I thought I would ask why you chose the cardinals.

I chose them because of my first game I watched was the superbowl and I loved how the cardinals had never won it. I then fell asleep during the game and when I found out the score I loved the cardinals but had a new hatred towards the steelers.

Last edited by cardinal wizard; 09.09.2010 at 09:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09.09.2010, 09:36 PM
Pro Bowler

Why Cards? - Followed the Cards since they came over here to play at Wembley in a pre season against the Vikes in 83??, Didn't like the Vikes Purple but loved the Cards red and the snazzy bird head logo (since improved)
fan for 27 years and counting

Welcome Wiz!!
Old 09.09.2010, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Since school, maybe about 1983/84 when the NFL started to take off over here. I picked them because they play in red and white like Sunderland. Collected Panini stckers at the time and went all out for the Cards ones....ended up with about 12 Neil Lomax's. Been hooked on them ever since.

Bleed red!
Old 09.09.2010, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
Why Cards? - Followed the Cards since they came over here to play at Wembley in a pre season against the Vikes in 83??, Didn't like the Vikes Purple but loved the Cards red and the snazzy bird head logo (since improved)
fan for 27 years and counting

Welcome Wiz!!

Hey byte - i have the programme from that game, if you went to it you dont have one you are welcome it mate. Will mean more to you than me.
Old 09.09.2010, 10:02 PM
Pro

Well the first game I watched was the start of the 2008 season and I followed them all the way to the superbowl.

From then on ive been hooked on every thing the cardinals do and hope to get my first cardinals jersey when the nfluk shop opens
Old 09.09.2010, 11:13 PM
Rookie

I got introduced to the NFL just before the Wildcard game vs Greenbay in the last season. The Cards had won just over half of their games and I thought that a team like that would be fun to watch (if they win or lose all the time it's no fun but if the chance is a bout even, I can jump up and down and shout when they get a touchdown!). As silly as it may sound, the other reason for choosing them was that they wear crimson and it happens to be my favourite colour. I know that sounds pretty lame but it's not bad for someone about to go through their first season, right?
Old 09.09.2010, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain View Post
I got introduced to the NFL just before the Wildcard game vs Greenbay in the last season. The Cards had won just over half of their games and I thought that a team like that would be fun to watch (if they win or lose all the time it's no fun but if the chance is a bout even, I can jump up and down and shout when they get a touchdown!). As silly as it may sound, the other reason for choosing them was that they wear crimson and it happens to be my favourite colour. I know that sounds pretty lame but it's not bad for someone about to go through their first season, right?

good to have you on board Kaptain.
Old 10.09.2010, 06:30 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
Hey byte - i have the programme from that game, if you went to it you dont have one you are welcome it mate. Will mean more to you than me.
I didn't go to the game but I bought the 1st issue of Touchdown!! which featured it..long since lost that though

I would love the program though
Old 10.09.2010, 09:50 AM
Rookie

My friend bought Madden 94 for his sega megadrive and not knowing what the hell was going on on the field we soon decided Hail Mary's were the only way to go. So when I got round to buying the '03 version for my playstation I naturally decided to throw my weight behind the team with the two biggest weapons on the outside. I punted for the Cards with Q and Fitz and the rest as they say is history, I'm now a die-hard!!
Old 10.09.2010, 10:47 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhoines01 View Post
My friend bought Madden 94 for his sega megadrive and not knowing what the hell was going on on the field we soon decided Hail Mary's were the only way to go. So when I got round to buying the '03 version for my playstation I naturally decided to throw my weight behind the team with the two biggest weapons on the outside. I punted for the Cards with Q and Fitz and the rest as they say is history, I'm now a die-hard!!
Close, I had Madden 94 for Megadrive and didn't know how to change the team, so I stuck with the Cards ever since.

We're getting more guys by the day on here. Great to have everyone on board!