New To College Football - Page 14 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Sponsored Links

Old 15.08.2012, 11:44 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
Every team is interesting in its own way. Depends what you're looking for in a team.

Do they have to be clean off the field?
Do you prefer running or passing?
Do you like offense or defense?
Do you want a college where you can follow a lot of players onto the NFL?
Do you want a team in a particular area of the country- either for some personal connection or because it's easier to watch their games?
Do you have a player in the NFL you particularly connect to that you can pick their alma mater to follow?
Hmm, I'd definitely say watching players move up to nfl is kind of part of the reason I'm interested, so yeah that's kind of important.

I like a reasonably well balanced team, not to strongly reliant on offense, but I'd probably say offense is more important than defense for me. Other than that I'm not really that fussy.

I just got this weeks copy of sports illustrated, which happens to be the college football preview. a nice coincidence, so am going to have a read of that later and see if that sheds any light on it.
Sponsored Links
Old 16.08.2012, 08:29 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhGoodGrief View Post
Hmm, I'd definitely say watching players move up to nfl is kind of part of the reason I'm interested, so yeah that's kind of important.

I like a reasonably well balanced team, not to strongly reliant on offense, but I'd probably say offense is more important than defense for me. Other than that I'm not really that fussy.

I just got this weeks copy of sports illustrated, which happens to be the college football preview. a nice coincidence, so am going to have a read of that later and see if that sheds any light on it.
If you like a team where you can follow lots of players to the NFL, which has a good balance of offense and defense, a team like USC could be one to follow.

They're traditionally one of the strongest colleges in the USA, and will always be in the conversation for bowl games and national titles, as well as sending more players than anywhere else to the NFL on a consistent basis.
Old 16.08.2012, 01:25 PM
Pro

I do like the look of USC, there was a really interesting article about their QB Matt Barkley in SI and he and the team definitley seem like people I could get behind. think I'll follow them for he beginning and just see how it goes. Excited for this season to start now.

Thanks so much for the advice man.
Old 16.08.2012, 05:51 PM
MVP

Quote:
I do like the look of USC, there was a really interesting article about their QB Matt Barkley in SI and he and the team definitley seem like people I could get behind. think I'll follow them for he beginning and just see how it goes. Excited for this season to start now.

Mate, I wouldn't just pick a team at random. Get into it, watch it and wait for a team to stick out for you personally.

Failing that.......

FIGHT ON!!

Old 16.08.2012, 06:00 PM
MVP

Quote:

Probably a good idea to see how it goes. I naturally decided I'd be a Cincinnati Bearcats fan, then watched a few games and instantly took a liking to Boise State after two big games of theirs.
Old 16.08.2012, 07:28 PM
Pro

yeah I think that's my plan, see who stands out and such, just always a bit easier to choose what games to watch at first if I at least have an inkling of what teams seem interesting to me.
Old 28.08.2012, 12:28 PM
Rookie

Smile College Football predictions

Hi all, as the season is only a few sleeps away.

Here's my predictions

LSU will face Oregon in the BCS. Don't be fooled by the USC hype. They have a squad with limited back ups. Any injuries in the back field and they are toast. They have to beat my Ducks twice to get to the final. That won't happen. We have a really easy schedule and will be 8-0 when we meet at USC. They got us last season but we didn't need to win that game so it's akind of payback time for us Quaks.

LSU will again prove that SEC is just too damn good but the Ducks will put up a fight. I would have gone with 'Bama in the SEC but I am not getting the vybes from Nick Saben.

I love the fact all the hype is on USC and Barkley. He is a great player but as Luck found out last season the best QB's don't win the Heisman. Luck is far better than RG3 but failed out becuause of TV schedule (my opinion)

West Virginia will beat Oklahoma - Watch out for QB Geno Smith - he and De'anthony Thomas (Ducks) are my Heisman hopefulls.

In other Divs -

Wisconsin will win big 10

Florida state will beat Virginia Tech.

Be nice to hear your coments guys.

I will also be promoting a BCS Championship bash in London so let me know if you are interested.

Go Ducks!
Old 28.08.2012, 12:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by danivega View Post
Hi all, as the season is only a few sleeps away.

Here's my predictions

LSU will face Oregon in the BCS. Don't be fooled by the USC hype. They have a squad with limited back ups. Any injuries in the back field and they are toast. They have to beat my Ducks twice to get to the final. That won't happen. We have a really easy schedule and will be 8-0 when we meet at USC. They got us last season but we didn't need to win that game so it's akind of payback time for us Quaks.
As a USC fan, I would have to agree with you as can't see either Oregon or USC beating each other twice. However, it's just great after all the penalties, to see USC back in contention again.

Last edited by Crusader; 28.08.2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 28.08.2012, 12:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
As a USC fan, I would have to agree with you as can't see either Oregon or USC beating each other twice. However, it's just great after all the penalties, to see USC back in contention again.
Defo, one thing about USC - they have all the talent and I'm quite excited to seeing your cheerleaders when I go on 3rd November.

I hope you do well but I can't see them being favourites. Just can't see you beating bama or LSU and us twice.

Last edited by danivega; 28.08.2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 28.08.2012, 02:30 PM
MVP

USC easily beat Oregon last year, forget the final score they were totally outplayed for 3 quarters.

Oregon aren't as good as lat year and I'd say USC marginally stronger. They'll beat Oregon in L.A and in the PAC-12 title game no sweat.