Vick: I would love to get another dog in the future - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 16.12.2010, 08:22 PM
MVP

Default Vick: I would love to get another dog in the future

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Uh uh buddy. No chance. As an animal lover the thought of Michael Vick being allowed to own a dog again makes me queasy. I don't think he should ever be allowed to have a dog again. Vick proclaims to love dogs but a man who truly loved dogs would never have subjected dogs to the cruelty that Vick subjected them to. He does not love dogs and nothing he says will convince me otherwise.

I'm all for giving Vick a second chance in society, I do believe that he has served his time and paid his dues. However, I do draw the line at allowing him to have a dog again. I just don't think it would be right. The nature of Vick's crime was such that I just don't think it would be appropriate for him to ever have control over the life of an innocent animal again.
Sponsored Links
Old 16.12.2010, 08:28 PM
GOAT

Send a message via MSN to Razors Edge

He probably wants it as a tackling dummy or something.
Old 16.12.2010, 08:28 PM
All Pro

In all honesty...I don't care. I don't believe he would do the same thing again and it's not as if he isn't allowed one. Let the guy live his life!

I loved the irony when they had just signed him and released a dog jersey with his name and number on it though...that did make me chuckle!
Old 16.12.2010, 08:34 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJarrett04 View Post
In all honesty...I don't care. I don't believe he would do the same thing again and it's not as if he isn't allowed one. Let the guy live his life!

I loved the irony when they had just signed him and released a dog jersey with his name and number on it though...that did make me chuckle!
As someone who hates dogs with a passion I really couldn't care either (cue a barrage of abuse from dog lovers aimed in my direction)...
Old 16.12.2010, 08:36 PM
All Pro

I don't think he should be, if i was caught doing this to animals id get a lifetime ban, so why shouldn't he? He has paid his due's but i still don't think he should really.
Old 16.12.2010, 08:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PAC View Post
As someone who hates dogs with a passion I really couldn't care either (cue a barrage of abuse from dog lovers aimed in my direction)...
I love dogs....grew up with them my whole life and have always had one. What Vick did was despicable but I don't live in the past...I move on a lot quicker than most and am a lot more laid back than most.

Vick did the crime, he's giving nothing but positive vibes now after he served his sentence Let him have a dog...hopefully it will show another lesson learnt and he'll care for it in the right way!
All Pro

just let him have a dog ffs

think hes gonna do it again
whitey74

I saw this and can't believe he's said it.

Anyone can look up my thoughts on Vick, and I don't hide my contempt for him. However, he was doing the right thing with regards to the work for the Humane Society.

With all the praise he's getting, why even bring wanting to own a dog up?

Stupid man.
Old 16.12.2010, 08:44 PM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to falcon_91

Old 16.12.2010, 08:48 PM
whitey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PAC View Post
Would you hurt them, force them to fight until they are ripped apart or injured so badly they have to be killed (probably not in a humane way either)?

I don't particularly like children, but I care about them being hurt or abused.