New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts. Wildcard Weekend Game thread. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 05.01.2011, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Default New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts. Wildcard Weekend Game thread.

Hi folks here is the thread.

mark
Sponsored Links
Old 05.01.2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Posted this on the Jets forum:

I'd definitely agree the Colts aren't the force they were last year, thanks in no small part to the injuries to Clark, Collie and Addai. The problem is, I don't think we're the team we were last year either. Too many close games against poor teams which could have gone either way, a lack of any real running game since about Week 5 and a Defense that is not as dominant as it was.

Sanchez has played very well in his last two games (against two of the league's best Defenses), but if we can't get the running game going and our pass rush doesn't improve markedly on recent performances it's hard to see this one being much different to the Championship game....

Our best chance is to dominate possession (which we failed to do last season) and keep Manning on the sideline for as long as possible. LT and Shonn haven't got the job done in recent games. Don't know how much this is down to them and how much is down to the OL but their production hasn't been anywhere near good enough as of late.

If they start slowly on Sunday, Rex can't be afraid to give McKnight a shot.
He's coming off a big game against Buffalo (32nd ranked run Defense I know but.....) and offers something different to the other two backs. He'll also be fresh after being virtually unused until last week. I'd also like to see us involve Brad Smith more as he gives us an extra dimension.

Big, big ask for us to beat the Colts in their own back yard but if we can establish the run and get in Manning's face more than we did last time, we do have every chance.
Old 05.01.2011, 11:22 AM
Hall of Fame

Rex comes out with the "it's personal with the Colts" speech Monday, as he is 1-5 vs Peyton, and the sole win being last year when the Colts were in vacation mode. (Strange that he makes this game personal and wants to talk about it, but the foot fetish is also personal, and doesn't?)

If the Jets can run it was some effect, they win by single didgits, if Peyton gets into the grove, the colts win by 3 scores.

To be honest, I don't care who loses.
Old 05.01.2011, 12:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
To be honest, I don't care who loses.
If the Jets win then we draw them in the divisional round as the lowest winning seed. Not sure I fancy that. If the Colts win then we play the winner of Ravens Chiefs.
Old 05.01.2011, 12:39 PM
Banned

Manning to get picked three times in a close game. Jets win it by 3.

Manning can't do it all by himself.
Old 05.01.2011, 01:28 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
Manning to get picked three times in a close game. Jets win it by 3.

Manning can't do it all by himself.
I am hoping he wont have to though...

I am hoping that the last 3 games havent been flukes - but we now have 3 healthy backs (Addai, Rhodes and Brown - well four if you count Mike Hart) and we are running the ball well enough to establish play action, which is massive for Peyton.

Blair White and Tamme will have to play very well as Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon will have their hands full with Revis and Cromartie.

Should be a very close game. I think for Jets to win then Brad Smith has to have a big game which is quite possible against our special teams...
Old 05.01.2011, 02:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepalex View Post
If the Jets win then we draw them in the divisional round as the lowest winning seed. Not sure I fancy that. If the Colts win then we play the winner of Ravens Chiefs.
Would you rather play the Jets or the Ravens? I'd rather see Baltimore go to Pittsburg, cos I don't think Kansas can do them over.
Old 05.01.2011, 03:03 PM
Pro Bowler

Gunna need to keep the run defense strong but I think we've taken the pass D has been slacking a bit recently.

Can see this one being similar to the Championship game last year with the Jets starting strong before Peyton figuring them out, just might take a little longer than before meaning a closer game.

Still think this could go either way. Should be a good one.
Old 05.01.2011, 03:31 PM
All Pro

I think both he Colts and the Jets have taken steps back this year. Right now I think the Jets have the tools for the job. They have far more potential to run the ball with the backs they have and the poor Colts run D...that should set Sanchez up to have a decent game and providing he doesn't stink it up, he's good enough to get it done with the run.

Key for the Colts is stopping the Jets' run game...I think Manning can pass on the Jets as they haven't been the dominant unit in the secondary they have been previously...but they have to stop the run keeping Manning off of the field.

Who's better equipped to win? The Jets have a solid run game when it shows up and when they run the ball well we know Sanchez can play...the Colts have a very poor run defense...this has Jets win written all over it for me. Manning has been much improved tin the last 2 or 3 games but I don't think he'll be able to carry this team unless they can control the clock with their RBs...against the Jets run D, that could be hard.

I think this will stay pretty close to the end...one single mistake could be the difference.
Old 05.01.2011, 04:51 PM
magicmatt99

Last 3 games:

MJD- 15 carries- 46 yards
DMC- 11 carries- 45 yards (raiders had under 100 yards in total rushing)
CJ- 20 carries- 39 yards

if the defense play like they have the previous 3 games and completely shut down the run then we will win this comfortably.

offensively it all comes down to sticking with the run and the performances of white and tamme in the seams. I expect revis and cromartie to be matched up with wayne and garcon, which is fine as long as tamme and white step up and exploit the weakness of the jets up the middle in the seams.

It will be interesting to see how ryan approaches this game. I expect him to be aggressive and blitz the crap out of manning (and show that the jets to have a good pass rush) which i think would be a big mistake.

either way this is going to be a heck of a game!