Vince Young . . . Anyone?? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 05.01.2011, 11:54 PM
GOAT

Default Vince Young . . . Anyone??

Bud Adams has announced that Vince young will be released on Feb 7th when the waivers begin and that Fisher remains HC at Tennessee. .

Tweet by Adam Schefter. .
Sponsored Links
Old 05.01.2011, 11:56 PM
All Pro

Trade for Palmer Bengals fans, thats one i'd be up for. Possibly grab Kyle Orton if we want to go that direction although I don't really want to. If no one wants to trade a QB to us then just get draft pick for him, better than releasing him for nothing. If we can't get a QB in FA then I want Cam Newton or Mallet if we go 1st round with a QB or possibly Locker in the later rounds as he dropped dramatically down the mocks this season. Im glad VY's gone, he was so talented but was such a crybaby and couldn't just get on with the job.
Old 06.01.2011, 01:33 AM
All Pro

Believe that Vince Young should go to Miami its perfect, with Bill Cowher, or the 49ers with a great TE and a new coach, fresh start.
Old 06.01.2011, 02:23 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_TITAN View Post
Trade for Palmer Bengals fans,
Absolutely not. Young is unprofessional and I don't want him at Paul Brown Stadium.

Palmer has had a bad season but with the direction we look to be going in continuity is key and Palmer's professionalism and experience can only help that.

Good to see Adams made the right decision
Old 06.01.2011, 07:07 AM
All Pro

Vince Young = backup
Old 06.01.2011, 08:53 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Trade for Palmer Bengals fans, thats one i'd be up for. Possibly grab Kyle Orton if we want to go that direction although I don't really want to. If no one wants to trade a QB to us then just get draft pick for him, better than releasing him for nothing. If we can't get a QB in FA then I want Cam Newton or Mallet if we go 1st round with a QB or possibly Locker in the later rounds as he dropped dramatically down the mocks this season. Im glad VY's gone, he was so talented but was such a crybaby and couldn't just get on with the job.

Mallet has probably as many character question marks against him if not more than Young does, Cam Newton is in a similar mould to Young in terms of physicality and Locker....well he is arguably one of the most over rated college prospects I have seen, I really don't get the love for this kid, it seems to all revolve around his size more than anything on game film, rather than progressing this year he has arguably taken steps back.
Old 06.01.2011, 09:36 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteButt View Post
Vince Young = backup
So true. Not a bad QB but not a starter.
Old 06.01.2011, 11:01 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepalex View Post
So true. Not a bad QB but not a starter.
I think his record is something like 30 - 17 (or was it as low as 7 ?) as a starter. That's pretty good. I was so impressed last season when they started off 0 and 7 using Collins and then Young came in and finished 7 and 2.

Shame things imploded this year but he reminds me of Vick (the falcon years) in some ways
Old 06.01.2011, 11:10 AM
All Pro

Quote:

No-one will trade for VY, everyone knows he's getting released...

The three top QB#s that year have disapointed overall:

Leinart - BUST

VY - BUST

Cutler - Meh, turns it over too many times.
Old 06.01.2011, 11:48 AM
Pro

i think he would be perfect for Vikings. Brett is actually Retired (maybe) and Young is used to having a brilliant Running game and can get a decent play action. sounds perfect to me.