with the 34th pick the Colts select... - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 17.02.2012, 10:05 PM
Sa14's Avatar
Sa14 Sa14 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.07.2007
Posts: 2,927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
Not always, it depends on scheme and technique, Jay Ratliff has been a pro-bowl calibre NT for the cowboys and he weighs 300 pounds. I believe Moala does have experience at NT to.

Also i would be shocked if Bracket is not cut, Wheeler is a FA to
Bracket will be cut. Difference between Ratliff and Moala is that Ratliff is a much better player!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22  
Old 18.02.2012, 12:37 AM
Manning2Wayne's Avatar
Manning2Wayne Manning2Wayne is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.07.2011
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa14 View Post
Bracket will be cut. Difference between Ratliff and Moala is that Ratliff is a much better player!
Well... obviously the guys been in the league much longer
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 18.02.2012, 01:42 AM
Sa14's Avatar
Sa14 Sa14 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.07.2007
Posts: 2,927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
Well... obviously the guys been in the league much longer
so if your in the league for longer that makes you a better player

I honestly think he will be best suited at DE
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 18.02.2012, 01:48 AM
Manning2Wayne's Avatar
Manning2Wayne Manning2Wayne is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.07.2011
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa14 View Post
so if your in the league for longer that makes you a better player

I honestly think he will be best suited at DE
im just saying way to point out the obvious ratliff is the better player, moala has been in the league 2 years you never know what he could develop into, he certainly was highly touted in college
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 18.02.2012, 01:54 AM
Sa14's Avatar
Sa14 Sa14 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.07.2007
Posts: 2,927
Default

You think Barron will be around at 34?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 18.02.2012, 03:00 AM
Manning2Wayne's Avatar
Manning2Wayne Manning2Wayne is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.07.2011
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa14 View Post
You think Barron will be around at 34?
I hope so, but i doubt it, the safety class is weak and he is clearly head and shoulders above the rest. Add to this we are seeing TEs dominate and good safeties are suddenly essential for stopping guys like Gronk.

He does have an injury though, hernia i think, which will force him to miss the combine and Alabama's pro-day he will also be hard pressed to be healthy enough to hold his own workout before the draft, so you never know he may slip
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 18.02.2012, 10:25 AM
willo1904's Avatar
willo1904 willo1904 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 24.08.2007
Posts: 2,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
Not always, it depends on scheme and technique, Jay Ratliff has been a pro-bowl calibre NT for the cowboys and he weighs 300 pounds. I believe Moala does have experience at NT to.

Also i would be shocked if Bracket is not cut, Wheeler is a FA to
I am not so sure Brackett will be cut. Cutting him this season only saves $200k on the salary cap. Unless theres some clauses / incentives in his contract making it hard for us to cut / restructure at the end of next season I think he will stay. Injury proneness will be taken into account but we will need our most experienced and intelligent players to make the switch to a 3-4.

Also with regards to Wheeler, I would say in the previous regime he would definitely be gone but we may have more emphasis on keeping linebackers after their rookie contracts under Pagano.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 19.02.2012, 03:55 PM
tksgtmason's Avatar
tksgtmason tksgtmason is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 24.04.2006
Posts: 11,456
Default

after luck, im hoping not for o-line, got two young decent tackles, and guards arent as highly rated as other positions, hopefully we'll keep saturday, but i think offensively we wont be too bad off,

of course hopefully irsay has been busy with garcon this last two weeks.

i dont think there is a decent nt available in free agency, unless baltimore want to trade us ngata for manning. so that would be my first choice.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 19.02.2012, 06:10 PM
Manning2Wayne's Avatar
Manning2Wayne Manning2Wayne is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.07.2011
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
after luck, im hoping not for o-line, got two young decent tackles, and guards arent as highly rated as other positions, hopefully we'll keep saturday, but i think offensively we wont be too bad off,

of course hopefully irsay has been busy with garcon this last two weeks.

i dont think there is a decent nt available in free agency, unless baltimore want to trade us ngata for manning. so that would be my first choice.
paul Solail from the dolphins would be a good addition for NT, the fins are letting him walk as they switch to a 4-3

as a side note did you know moala and ngata are cousins

Last edited by Manning2Wayne; 19.02.2012 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 19.02.2012, 06:24 PM
tksgtmason's Avatar
tksgtmason tksgtmason is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 24.04.2006
Posts: 11,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
paul Solail from the dolphins would be a good addition for NT, the fins are letting him walk as they switch to a 4-3

as a side note did you know moala and ngata are cousins
Cousins of Destruction.

Fins letting anyother decent 3-4 players go.... wait cameron wake. isnt he a bit small to be a 3-4 player?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 02:29 AM.