Are we happy post draft??? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 29.04.2012, 05:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Default Are we happy post draft???

Are we happy?

I mean despite having a very defensive personality, i loved the colts attacking nature,

With 8 picks on offensive would we have changed anything?

I was thinking maybe we should of traded up to get decastro late first round when he was falling and really shore up that oline, which will have what at least three players in second year at best.

Love the two te's we brought in, does give luck more familiarilty with fleener, and allen gonna be a little annoyed wih. Koby gets more thrown his way.

How much do we think reggie can tutor these new receivers in the next two years?

Cos after this year we will be goin defense first next year.

I have no clie how we're linig up defensively but offensively

Wayne on the left. Fleener @ lte.

Castonzo, n/a, satele, draft pick, ilajana, other te, possibly collie.

And obiv luck and browb in backfield.

Sorry i havent been up to date will learn names later
Sponsored Links
Old 29.04.2012, 06:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
Are we happy?

I mean despite having a very defensive personality, i loved the colts attacking nature,

With 8 picks on offensive would we have changed anything?

I was thinking maybe we should of traded up to get decastro late first round when he was falling and really shore up that oline, which will have what at least three players in second year at best.

Love the two te's we brought in, does give luck more familiarilty with fleener, and allen gonna be a little annoyed wih. Koby gets more thrown his way.

How much do we think reggie can tutor these new receivers in the next two years?

Cos after this year we will be goin defense first next year.

I have no clie how we're linig up defensively but offensively

Wayne on the left. Fleener @ lte.

Castonzo, n/a, satele, draft pick, ilajana, other te, possibly collie.

And obiv luck and browb in backfield.

Sorry i havent been up to date will learn names later
Day 1 and 2 went great. Outside of Chapman day 3 was meh, but most of the guys drafted in day 3 won amount to much.

As you said next year we are probably going to go heavy on D which is great because its looking like 2013 will be full of some serious defensive talent, particularly in the secondary.
Old 29.04.2012, 06:03 PM
Hall of Fame

How u see us lining up offensively m2w???
Old 29.04.2012, 06:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
How u see us lining up offensively m2w???
LT- Castonzo
LG- McGlynn
C- Satele
RG- Ijilana
RT- Justice/Reitz

The O-line outside of Castonzo and Satele is very much up in the air though

WR1- Wayne
WR2- Collie
Slot- TY Hilton- But don't be shocked if Brazil impresses in camp and forces his way into the lineup

TE1- Coby Fleener- Primarily pass catching
TE2- Dwayne Allen- Working more on the line, more blocking responsibilities

RB- Brown
FB- Gronk
Old 29.04.2012, 08:22 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
LT- Castonzo
LG- McGlynn
C- Satele
RG- Ijilana
RT- Justice/Reitz

The O-line outside of Castonzo and Satele is very much up in the air though

WR1- Wayne
WR2- Collie
Slot- TY Hilton- But don't be shocked if Brazil impresses in camp and forces his way into the lineup

TE1- Coby Fleener- Primarily pass catching
TE2- Dwayne Allen- Working more on the line, more blocking responsibilities

RB- Brown
FB- Gronk
What's the situation with Addai right now?
Old 29.04.2012, 08:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGreenThumb View Post
We cut him. Still a free agent. Has had a visit with the Pats but not heard anything else.
Old 29.04.2012, 08:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo1904 View Post
We cut him. Still a free agent. Has had a visit with the Pats but not heard anything else.
Shame. He was a solid player, a typical Colts guy. Hopefully someone half decent takes him.
Old 29.04.2012, 09:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGreenThumb View Post
I think hes pretty much done
Old 30.04.2012, 12:06 PM
All Pro

The more I think about this draft and read about it the more delighted I am with it.

We all know that it is easier to come in and play straight away on defense or OL than it is at QB / WR / TE so we have decided to give Andrew Luck some weapons from the very start for him to get comfortable and gain some chemistry.

I think we have taken a very sensible option in not drafting many players for the defense this year, as Pagano / Grigson really don't know who will fit in well with this new system and who won't - who knows Freeney could be an absoulte stud as a rushing OLB?

Moala, Hughes etc could end up stepping their games up, Thomas, Rucker etc might actually be decent corners in a new system?

A year of reviewing in games will be invaluable to the front office to know who we need to target in the 2013 draft, and as M2W said there is some serious talent on D in next years draft.

I mean I even like the pick up of the back up QB, I think the days of us only having 2 QB's on the roster are long gone, and this guy has some legs on him, if god forbid, he has to play at some point.
Old 30.04.2012, 12:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo1904 View Post
The more I think about this draft and read about it the more delighted I am with it.

We all know that it is easier to come in and play straight away on defense or OL than it is at QB / WR / TE so we have decided to give Andrew Luck some weapons from the very start for him to get comfortable and gain some chemistry.

I think we have taken a very sensible option in not drafting many players for the defense this year, as Pagano / Grigson really don't know who will fit in well with this new system and who won't - who knows Freeney could be an absoulte stud as a rushing OLB?

Moala, Hughes etc could end up stepping their games up, Thomas, Rucker etc might actually be decent corners in a new system?

A year of reviewing in games will be invaluable to the front office to know who we need to target in the 2013 draft, and as M2W said there is some serious talent on D in next years draft.

I mean I even like the pick up of the back up QB, I think the days of us only having 2 QB's on the roster are long gone, and this guy has some legs on him, if god forbid, he has to play at some point.
I think that's what the (very few) people who are unhappy with the draft are missing. There's going to be a completely new defensive scheme next year and until we actually use it in the NFL, we don't know how our current defensive roster will work in it. We don't know exactly which gaps need filling and which players we need to build around.

You made a good point about taking less time to find form on the OL than at WR as well. I, for one, hadn't considered that and now i have, it's just another point in Pagano's favour. He's had a great draft!

For the record, i think Freeney will be a monster on our D next season!