Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 13.12.2012, 07:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Wayne View Post
Dwayne Bowe, Levitre and Vollmer are all on my free agency wish list
that would be awsome!

i forget who else is available, or could be!

what about welker? its clear the pats are shafting him, despite him being critical to their offense.

bowe, wayne and welker, and fleener, and allen, and avery, and hilton!

i like skov's leadership and he didn't look too big when i saw him play.

skov, angerer, and the other mlb, i've forgotten his name, surely we could start a pats style exotic blitz where we could send random backers to augment the pass rush and still have decent coverage.
Sponsored Links
Old 14.12.2012, 02:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
that would be awsome!

i forget who else is available, or could be!

what about welker? its clear the pats are shafting him, despite him being critical to their offense.

bowe, wayne and welker, and fleener, and allen, and avery, and hilton!

i like skov's leadership and he didn't look too big when i saw him play.

skov, angerer, and the other mlb, i've forgotten his name, surely we could start a pats style exotic blitz where we could send random backers to augment the pass rush and still have decent coverage.
Yeah i wouldnt be completely against signing welker as long as we didn't spend a ton on him

Skov is a second round talent, and you need to stop insulting Freeman who has been our best D player this season!

Mike Wallace will also be a FA, i wouldnt be upset if we signed him and obviously he has a relationship with Arians, but i think Hilton is very similar and Bowe would be a better fit.

Pretty sure the new salary cap floor kicks in next season, we are going to have to spend about 70M in the offseason, which means at least a couple top tier FAs. Also i think offensive FAs are going to be very interested in playing with Luck, similarly Defensive guys love Pagano.

Ed Reed is a FA to... he wouldn't want to hook up with his old Co-ordinator and college recruiter Pagano would he?! Not to mention one of his best friends Reggie Wayne....

i think theres about 0.00001% chance of that happening but if Baltimore stiff him i think we would be one of the only teams he would consider

Last edited by Manning2Wayne; 14.12.2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 14.12.2012, 03:22 PM
Hall of Fame

I would like to add that drake nevis and fili moala are on injured reserve, do they improve our defensive front next year?

This free agency this year looks to be stocked.

I cant see new england signing welker, its clear they're hardballing him to sign as small a contract as possible. Id give him about 25 million over five years, dude has earned it

Didnt mike wallace
Sign an extension last offseason? Although he seems a little bit of a locker room
Menace, but no too much. I wouldnt say no

Dwanye bowe isna tricky one, its clear all they need is a qb and thats what they'll take in top three picks! So improved qb play and this is a playoff team i reckon.
But i agree with m2w, this should be number one fa priority.
I would like him though.

Now vollmer, anytime we in theory weaken new england is a good thing and helps us out in the oline, after all new england throws to set up the run.

Someone tell me about levitre? Is it i saw mentioned

Also this season has hurt us. I think we all know the plan wasn't to make the playoffs but improve slightly and get a top ten pick and get a defensive stud.

However as its now pretty much win one game and we are in to the playoffs. And picking at least 21, well i think we'll be number five so if we lose wildcard weekend, that puts us 23-24 i think unless both number 6 seeds win

Also there is little chance reed is let go by baltimore!

Also what about greg jennings, his contract is up at end of the season

Last edited by tksgtmason; 14.12.2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 14.12.2012, 04:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I would like to add that drake nevis and fili moala are on injured reserve, do they improve our defensive front next year?

This free agency this year looks to be stocked.

I cant see new england signing welker, its clear they're hardballing him to sign as small a contract as possible. Id give him about 25 million over five years, dude has earned it

Didnt mike wallace
Sign an extension last offseason? Although he seems a little bit of a locker room
Menace, but no too much. I wouldnt say no

Dwanye bowe isna tricky one, its clear all they need is a qb and thats what they'll take in top three picks! So improved qb play and this is a playoff team i reckon.
But i agree with m2w, this should be number one fa priority.
I would like him though.

Now vollmer, anytime we in theory weaken new england is a good thing and helps us out in the oline, after all new england throws to set up the run.

Someone tell me about levitre? Is it i saw mentioned

Also this season has hurt us. I think we all know the plan wasn't to make the playoffs but improve slightly and get a top ten pick and get a defensive stud.

However as its now pretty much win one game and we are in to the playoffs. And picking at least 21, well i think we'll be number five so if we lose wildcard weekend, that puts us 23-24 i think unless both number 6 seeds win

Also there is little chance reed is let go by baltimore!

Also what about greg jennings, his contract is up at end of the season
Moala is a FA at the end of the year, him and nevis are both average guys.

I dont think i could justify give welker who is 32 a 5 year contract. For me the perfect receiving core is Bowe as a number 1, Hilton as a field stretching number 2 and Wayne working in the slot.

Wallace is a FA, i think hes mostly been poor this year due to the contract situation.

Levitre is probably a top 10 guard and in his prime.

Im always an advocate thats its better to be bad than average, but i dont think this year has hurt us, quite the opposite in fact. Rookies and young guys have been forced to step up and the experience will pay off in the long run.

More importantly though is the team atmosphere, if we had won only a couple of games this year all we would here about is what a mistake it was to let peyton go. Now there is no doubt this is Lucks team and there seems to be a fantastic atmosphere around the team
Old 15.12.2012, 10:39 AM
All Pro

Quote:
and you need to stop insulting Freeman who has been our best D player this season!
This! ^^^^ lol
Old 15.12.2012, 10:49 AM
All Pro

Quote:

I dont think i could justify give welker who is 32 a 5 year contract. For me the perfect receiving core is Bowe as a number 1, Hilton as a field stretching number 2 and Wayne working in the slot.

Wallace is a FA, i think hes mostly been poor this year due to the contract situation.

Im always an advocate thats its better to be bad than average, but i dont think this year has hurt us, quite the opposite in fact. Rookies and young guys have been forced to step up and the experience will pay off in the long run.

More importantly though is the team atmosphere, if we had won only a couple of games this year all we would here about is what a mistake it was to let peyton go. Now there is no doubt this is Lucks team and there seems to be a fantastic atmosphere around the team
I think Moala and Nevis are both still improving and will add to our D Line next year. Especially Moala who was just settling in and starting to make some plays. He was a 3-4 DE in college and 2nd round talent so think it is worth keeping him on. Its not as if he will require a huge contract. But I still think we will address it in FA and/or the draft.

Are there any top CB's in free agency this year? Again it might be worth re-signing Powers on a cheap deal - maybe a one year deal may be preferable all round? He wasn't great this year and seems to always get injured so he won't make a ton of money on the open market.

Interior offensive line is an absolute must and is our most pressing need on the whole roster in my opinion. We need at least 2 more options. A centre and an OG perhaps? As has already been mentioned Levitre or Urbik (both Bills guards) are free agents this year and I think I remember reading somewhere that is very unlikely they will be able to re-sign both of them.

As for the WR - I would go for Bowe over Wallace and Welker. A better compliment to Wayne and Hilton, and would just replace Avery in the line up.

With the money we have to spend and with the Luck factor we are going to be a lot of FA preferred destination! Happy days
Old 15.12.2012, 10:51 AM
All Pro

Quote:
and me too! Otherwise you end up like the Cardinals, Bills, Dolphins, Bengals, Chargers etc of this world. 8-8 teams that are never quite crap enough to get a very high pick and improve drastically like we did
Old 15.12.2012, 12:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo1904 View Post
I think Moala and Nevis are both still improving and will add to our D Line next year. Especially Moala who was just settling in and starting to make some plays. He was a 3-4 DE in college and 2nd round talent so think it is worth keeping him on. Its not as if he will require a huge contract. But I still think we will address it in FA and/or the draft.

Are there any top CB's in free agency this year? Again it might be worth re-signing Powers on a cheap deal - maybe a one year deal may be preferable all round? He wasn't great this year and seems to always get injured so he won't make a ton of money on the open market.

Interior offensive line is an absolute must and is our most pressing need on the whole roster in my opinion. We need at least 2 more options. A centre and an OG perhaps? As has already been mentioned Levitre or Urbik (both Bills guards) are free agents this year and I think I remember reading somewhere that is very unlikely they will be able to re-sign both of them.

As for the WR - I would go for Bowe over Wallace and Welker. A better compliment to Wayne and Hilton, and would just replace Avery in the line up.

With the money we have to spend and with the Luck factor we are going to be a lot of FA preferred destination! Happy days
Sean Smith, Talib, Grimes and DRC are all due to be free agents.

Smith would be my number 1 choice though i seriously doubt Miami let him get away. Of course Jake Long is also a FA so they might have a difficult decision on there hands
Old 16.12.2012, 01:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

i agree about the atmosphere, pagano has kinda done a mourinho, in the sense of this team is completely together as one, they're not got a us vs the world mentality, but they certainly have a we are ready for war mentality i think.

but we will always love peyton, but andrew luck owns this town now.

although peyton could of done us a favour earlier this year and beaten houston

so as a whole lets go offseason task by task.

whom is the free agents we have and then lets decide whether we want to keep them or not as a whole. so if three of us vote on keeping say moala and two say no, he is gone.

then decide the contract value and such. then compile list of free agents we want in order.

then do a draft basically.

we in or not?
Old 16.12.2012, 02:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:
i agree about the atmosphere, pagano has kinda done a mourinho, in the sense of this team is completely together as one, they're not got a us vs the world mentality, but they certainly have a we are ready for war mentality i think.

but we will always love peyton, but andrew luck owns this town now.

although peyton could of done us a favour earlier this year and beaten houston

so as a whole lets go offseason task by task.

whom is the free agents we have and then lets decide whether we want to keep them or not as a whole. so if three of us vote on keeping say moala and two say no, he is gone.

then decide the contract value and such. then compile list of free agents we want in order.

then do a draft basically.

we in or not?
sounds good to me. anyone got any good websites for this info?