Chiefs @ Cowboys - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 10.12.2005, 10:01 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to danguardace
Default Chiefs @ Cowboys

Thought I'd get this one going, Big game for both teams. Marks the half-way mark for a Brutal 6 game conclusion to the season for the Chiefs.

As dreamy as it seems if the chiefs did run the table, (which is unlikely) they would more than likely be looking at the number 2 seed, assuming Denver lose another game somewhere. As they would have beaten the Bengals and Chargers.

Key in this game is can Dallas stop the run, Chiefs tend to do well against 3-4 teams running the ball, as Roaf and co like to get off the line and knock people about.

Scott Fujita faces his former team.

Anyway should be a great game.

I'll go 24-14 Chiefs

Sponsored Links
Old 10.12.2005, 11:09 AM
Starter

Default Re:Chiefs @ Cowboys

it's going to be a hard ask for the chiefs to make the play offs, but i'd really like to see them there. another step in the right directon today i think.
Old 10.12.2005, 12:37 PM
All Pro

If this game were being played at Arrowhead, I would straight away mark it down as a resounding Chiefs triumph. The fact that its at Texas Stadium gives us slightly more hope, but I'm still expecting a defeat.

It's not the Chief running game that worries me (we have been very good against THE best in the league this year), but Trent Green + a struggling pass-russ = pick us apart.

Chiefs to take it 24-20
Old 10.12.2005, 01:10 PM
MVP

The loss of Flozell Adams seems to have done to the COwboys what Willie Roaf being out did to the Chiefs. The Boys are a 3 point favourite meaning on a neutral field Vegas thinks this game is a pick.

Though the Cowboys had been good against the run so had Denver up till last week when LJ ran wild. Our run d has improved all year long and we are as healthy as we have ever been. Am interested to see if Ryan Sims continues to show signs of life after last week where he was a major contributer in the final Denver running play. One thing i would like to see is some life in Kendrell Bell who has gone without a tackle in 2 of the last 3 games.

All in all i see us continuing to make a bid for the playoffs, i dont think Dallas are a team that can score big and if we are able to put up a 10-14 point lead at any stage i dont see them being able to come back from that. Special teams worry the crap out of me though.

The biggest question of all though is why didnt sky have viewers votes earlier in the year and pick the best games (ie. ones that count) at this time of the year. There is no excuse for a nothing giants and eagles game being on instead of this one and i have told sky as much myself >
Old 10.12.2005, 02:24 PM

Even though a lot of our games have been nip and tuck, I;ve got a sneaky suspicion a shoot-out will happen.

Like so many Cowboy games this year I'm unsure ass to the outcome, but I think it will be close.

Just because we need it, I think we'll edge it.
Old 10.12.2005, 04:10 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Gman84

I see the Chiefs having to go about this game they same way they did vs the Broncos. They know the opponent is going to try and stuff their running game early and Dallas is certainly capable of that so Trent Green and Co need to get the passing game clicking and then wear down the Pokes D with the run as the game goes on.

If that happens, I think the Chiefs win, but the Pokes will be fighting tooth and nail to keep their play-off hopes alive. Whoever loses here, that team could be kissing goodbye to any hopes of the post season.
Old 10.12.2005, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to PaddyRamsey

I think the Cowboys will edge it, but I hope the Chiefs win.
Old 10.12.2005, 04:28 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Gman84 link=board=1;threadid=15516;start=0#msg366829 date=1134231050]
I see the Chiefs having to go about this game they same way they did vs the Broncos. They know the opponent is going to try and stuff their running game early and Dallas is certainly capable of that so Trent Green and Co need to get the passing game clicking and then wear down the Pokes D with the run as the game goes on.

If that happens, I think the Chiefs win, but the Pokes will be fighting tooth and nail to keep their play-off hopes alive. Whoever loses here, that team could be kissing goodbye to any hopes of the post season.
[/quote]

I agree the Tight ends and Slot Recievers will come into play here. Dallas likes to play a lot of cover 2. So I expect Gonzales to get alot of the underneath stuff. Dante Hall is turning into a deep threat when teams play zone, so Green will be looking to take a few long shots if nobody is gonna pick him up.
Old 10.12.2005, 04:31 PM
All Pro

[quote author=DarloPaul link=board=1;threadid=15516;start=0#msg366767 date=1134224684]
Even though a lot of our games have been nip and tuck, I;ve got a sneaky suspicion a shoot-out will happen.

Like so many Cowboy games this year I'm unsure ass to the outcome, but I think it will be close.

Just because we need it, I think we'll edge it.
[/quote]

If it turns into a shoot-out then either the Chiefs D or Cowboys O will be the key. Power houses are on the other sides so they could cancel each other out.
Old 10.12.2005, 04:36 PM
All Pro

Cowboys to win by 6.

Dallas do well stopping the run, and should benefit from playing at home on the turf.

May be wishful thinking, but i'd like to see the Cowboys beat up the Chiefs and send them and their playoff 'hopes' packing.