Tottenham ST Thread - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 07.06.2019, 08:55 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
i don’t subscribe to this theory of prioritising the same people time and time again -you want to give new fans a chance as well. They gave you priority for Wembley still.
I'd probably accept that if it was the case and it was just a fair lottery over who got in the queue and who got tickets and who didn't but it is evident that isn't the case. Lots of people missed out due to IT issues and because they were allowing people to purchase up to 6 tickets, there are a huge amount floating around on ticket resale websites - that doesn't give new fans a chance.

I've had two seats at Wembley & Twickenham for a number of years, one of the people who tends to come with me is a panthers fan and I am a bucs fan so for the two of us to miss out on that particular game at Tottenham when last year we were promised priority for the new stadium is a bit of a let down.
Old 07.06.2019, 11:50 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFX_Caz View Post
I'd probably accept that if it was the case and it was just a fair lottery over who got in the queue and who got tickets and who didn't but it is evident that isn't the case. Lots of people missed out due to IT issues and because they were allowing people to purchase up to 6 tickets, there are a huge amount floating around on ticket resale websites - that doesn't give new fans a chance.

I've had two seats at Wembley & Twickenham for a number of years, one of the people who tends to come with me is a panthers fan and I am a bucs fan so for the two of us to miss out on that particular game at Tottenham when last year we were promised priority for the new stadium is a bit of a let down.
Well it was a lottery. The IT issues were part of that lottery (some had them, some didn’t). Not how it should be. But it was still random, IT issues affect existing Wembley season ticket holders only. Take out the IT issues and it would still be random.

Resale is a separate issue. They need to look at this. But if they only let you buy 2 tickets some people would be unhappy; if they let you buy 4 tickets you’d still see them reappearing. The issue is they haven’t weeded out those who clearly buy with zero intention of attending.

You won’t miss out on the game unless you choose to. I didn’t get tickets either and I’d earmarked that Bucs Panthers game too. I’m confident I’ll get a ticket nearer the time when more people list their tickets for sale and the panic of missing out now has subsided.

I never got this refusal by some people to pay above face value for something they really want to go to. Face value is an arbitrary figure. It doesn’t reflect what it’s worth to go to the game. That’s a personal question. If the ticket is priced at £40 and then it’s available at £65, people are up in arms. If the same seat is priced £75 from the get go by the organisers, people are happier to pay £75 then they would be £65 via resale. In the end it is supply and demand. The question you should ask is what am I happy to pay, not what did the organisers price it at. Personally I won’t be valuing a seat at Tottenham stadium of equivalent position to Wembley more highly simply because the NFL has higher prices at Tottenham.

If touts price too high they will take a bath and perhaps change their behaviour in future even if the NFL doesn’t weed them out. If people snap up the tickets at higher prices it suggests they were priced too cheaply in the first place. The NFL prices all games the same (at the same stadium) but the reality is people’s price valuations differ. Which is why tickets were going for a lot more for Jags-Eagles than they were for Chargers-Titans last year. Twickets is a good service, but it doesn’t work if face value is far below market value. Hence last year I was able to get some seats for the Chargers game I was happy with, but there was nothing available for the Eagles game. I’m not a fan of any of those teams so I went to the Chargers game. This year I’ll keep an eye out for Bucs-Panthers. I’ll work out nearer the time what attending is worth to me versus not. It’d be more if I supported one of those teams. What i value it at will depend on various things, but not what the NFL originally priced the ticket at. I certainly don’t view my failure to get a season ticket yesterday as meaning I cannot go to any game.
Old 08.06.2019, 09:48 AM
Pro Bowler

I do agree Bob, with your point of what youre willing to pay vs the original ticket price. Its about value at the end of the day.
If i supported any of the 4 teams id probably be willing to pay up £90 for a ticket (roughly the same as the very back of Metlife) as its not above the highest (FV) price and i can somewhat justify it (opportunity to see my team etc.)
If its a game where i have no rooting interest that price point is lower, say £50 as there are other things i could possibly be doing with a Sunday (including watching the Giants if its a 5/6pm KO).

I think the issue for fans who enjoy seeing a game in person is what happens after 2020 when the current Wembley contract runs out. If they re-up it then majority of these fans will be fine. If they dont, then we are left with 2 games a year at Tottenham through 2028/9 i expect prices to increase (as expected with the increased demand) towards a near parity of how they are Stateside.
Old 08.06.2019, 09:28 PM
Starter

Having now spoken to a few people I know who were going after WHL tickets, only one of them got in and purchased. So yeah... definitely not just me, and not a good experience. I may get to see WHL for a game if the guy in question doesn’t go with his dad like they usually do, and I meet up with them at Wembley normally post game.
Old 08.06.2019, 10:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 View Post
I do agree Bob, with your point of what youre willing to pay vs the original ticket price. Its about value at the end of the day.
If i supported any of the 4 teams id probably be willing to pay up £90 for a ticket (roughly the same as the very back of Metlife) as its not above the highest (FV) price and i can somewhat justify it (opportunity to see my team etc.)
If its a game where i have no rooting interest that price point is lower, say £50 as there are other things i could possibly be doing with a Sunday (including watching the Giants if its a 5/6pm KO).

I think the issue for fans who enjoy seeing a game in person is what happens after 2020 when the current Wembley contract runs out. If they re-up it then majority of these fans will be fine. If they dont, then we are left with 2 games a year at Tottenham through 2028/9 i expect prices to increase (as expected with the increased demand) towards a near parity of how they are Stateside.
Think you’re right. Tickets are really expensive in America. And the way the system works, a sizeable group of attendees at any given US game will have paid significantly more to go than the face value price, because the secondary market is realistically your only way of getting a ticket (but equally, the secondary market means you know you always can get a ticket). That’s why I’m ambivalent to it. On the one hand, I’ve never got into Heinz Field for less than $190, in all cases paying more than double the face value price. On the other hand, I’ve got to go to Heinz Field - I picked whatever game I wanted, I picked where I wanted to sit, and I got to go. You think I’d have got to go if tickets couldn’t be resold or could be resold strictly at face value? Not a chance.
Old 10.06.2019, 05:16 PM
All Pro

Hi guys, apologies if this has already been asked but are there any concessions available for the Tottenham games? Either ST or Single Tickets. My dad is an OAP and it would be a bit harsh if he has to pay full price.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11.06.2019, 08:57 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
You won’t miss out on the game unless you choose to. I didn’t get tickets either and I’d earmarked that Bucs Panthers game too. I’m confident I’ll get a ticket nearer the time when more people list their tickets for sale and the panic of missing out now has subsided.
It depends if you have the luxury to. Buying a season ticket months in advance means you can plan work, travel, accommodation etc around having the tickets secured and not hoping you will pick one up.

Changing the subject slightly, given the way this shambles has been run this year, I suspect that to be 'fair' they will have to do exactly the same next year as it would be unreasonable of them to allow everyone who got a season ticket in the 2 hour sale this year the right to renew early next year over everyone else?
Old 11.06.2019, 05:38 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by durham_raider View Post
Hi guys, apologies if this has already been asked but are there any concessions available for the Tottenham games? Either ST or Single Tickets. My dad is an OAP and it would be a bit harsh if he has to pay full price.

Thanks in advance.
Never seen an OAP discount offered off NFL tickets at Wembley or now WHL.Not many sports offer them these days as they know they can sell full price.

You do have a limited number of child discounted seats at both stadiums.

BTW all the season tickets are sold out so you are now only looking at single game tickets at the end of the month.

Quote:
It depends if you have the luxury to. Buying a season ticket months in advance means you can plan work, travel, accommodation etc around having the tickets secured and not hoping you will pick one up.

Changing the subject slightly, given the way this shambles has been run this year, I suspect that to be 'fair' they will have to do exactly the same next year as it would be unreasonable of them to allow everyone who got a season ticket in the 2 hour sale this year the right to renew early next year over everyone else?
I am sure they said once you have a WHL that’s yours to keep provided you renew each year. Same as with Wembley you get opportunity to renew. Then only those not renewed will be offered for sale. They aren’t looking to increase season ticket numbers from what they’ve sold this year.

Same as with Wembley if you missed out tough. You have to hope some aren’t renewed next year and you win in the scramble to buy those.

They not care about fairness just the money.
Old 11.06.2019, 06:23 PM
MVP

Quote:

Well plenty of sports events are organised last minute. Or the day/time of kickoff gets changed at short notice. I'm sure you can get.

Nope I think they'll let those who were lucky renew. Well who is to say you weren't lucky getting your exact Wembley seats a few years ago over someone else? But you still get to keep them.
Old 11.06.2019, 06:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy93 View Post
They not care about fairness just the money.
But what is fair? The Bucs poster seems to want priority over others come what may - is that fair? He says it's unfair if those who got tickets this year get to keep them next year for Tottenham, yet simultaneously expects to be able to keep the Wembley seats he's had from previous years over a free-for-all, and wants priority over others for Tottenham. Smacks of double standards. There is clearly more demand than supply for season tickets, at least in terms of buyers (who knows once they weed out touts, but that's another issue). So while demand exceeds supply, surely the fairest you can get is be happy that you've at least got some seats somewhere. Others may very well have none at all.