International Football - Page 102 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 28.06.2011, 03:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsio View Post
I love South American football........
A few years back I was in Brasil and visited Santos.
That weekend they were to play Sao Paulo and I got a ticket for
the game. Sadly due to a riot in the town during the afternoon the
game was delayed untill the follwing tuesday by which time I was on
my way to Florianopolis.
I did get a stadium tour and a look around the museum and trophy showroom
all for about 50p. It`s quite humbling to see where so many greats of football
played and , perhaps a warning to all Neymar fans as I was there just after
Robinho had left for Madrid and they had a loop of all the great things he had
done for Santos during his time there and he was touted to be a huge star in
the future.
Old 28.06.2011, 07:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryt View Post
This atmosphere of win at all costs is producing generations of people who are unable to handle losing.....it those people are supposed to be River Plate fans, how do they think attacking their own players and wrecking the stadium is going to be any help to the team at all going forward.
Complete idiots!
It's endemic in the game. Fans, players all consumed with having to win and unable to tolerate or accept losing. The shenanigans of the Real/Barca games are an example of that.
Old 29.06.2011, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

North Korea's coach blamed his side's 2-0 loss to the United States on his players getting struck by lightning in the build up to the Women's World Cup.

Kwang Min Kim claimed that some of them were hospitalised with electrocution after a training match on 8 June.

"When we stayed in Pyongyang during training our players were hit by lightning, and more than five of them were hospitalised," said coach Kim, without naming the affected players specifically.

"Some stayed in hospital and then came to Germany later than the rest of us. The goalkeeper and the four defenders were most affected, and some midfielders as well. The physicians said the players were not capable of participating in the tournament.

"But World Cup football is the most important and significant event for a footballer, so they don't want to think about anything but football.

"The fact that they played could be called abnormal, the result of very strong will."

Not sure I believe him.
Old 29.06.2011, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
North Korea's coach blamed his side's 2-0 loss to the United States on his players getting struck by lightning in the build up to the Women's World Cup.

Kwang Min Kim claimed that some of them were hospitalised with electrocution after a training match on 8 June.

"When we stayed in Pyongyang during training our players were hit by lightning, and more than five of them were hospitalised," said coach Kim, without naming the affected players specifically.

"Some stayed in hospital and then came to Germany later than the rest of us. The goalkeeper and the four defenders were most affected, and some midfielders as well. The physicians said the players were not capable of participating in the tournament.

"But World Cup football is the most important and significant event for a footballer, so they don't want to think about anything but football.

"The fact that they played could be called abnormal, the result of very strong will."

Not sure I believe him.
Lol!! The sheer genius of the lies that come out of that nation is that none of them could possibly be true.

I wonder shat percentage of their own population REALLY buys this crap?
Old 29.06.2011, 11:26 AM
Hall of Fame

For anybody who believed FIFA was anything but a tinpot organisation and their ranking system of international teams anything but farcical.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13957893.stm

......England up to 4th in the rankings above the likes of Brazil, Argentina & France

Laughable.
Old 29.06.2011, 11:34 AM
All Pro

Quote:
For anybody who believed FIFA was anything but a tinpot organisation and their ranking system of international teams anything but farcical.......

......England up to 4th in the rankings above the likes of Brazil, Argentina & France

Laughable.
That is an absolute joke. Don't see why they rank teams tbh.
Old 29.06.2011, 11:36 AM
All Pro

Quote:

Laughable.
Well it's not so laughable. Brazil, Argentina and France are all in decline. Our saving grace is that Fabio has been introducing the younger generation recently. We weren't as bad as France at the World Cup and Brazil aren't the great team they once were.

I like the bit at the bottom that says "Since they were knocked out of the World Cup by Germany just over a year ago, England have won five matches, including three qualifiers; drawn three which includes two competitive games; and lost once - to France in a friendly.".

It appears to be link that goes no where.
Old 29.06.2011, 11:36 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanKenobi View Post
Well it's not so laughable. Brazil, Argentina and France are all in decline. Our saving grace is that Fabio has been introducing the younger generation recently. We weren't as bad as France at the World Cup and Brazil aren't the great team they once were.
What a load of rubbish. The younger french team played us off the park at Wembley.
Old 29.06.2011, 12:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanKenobi View Post
Brazil are a team although building a team for 2014 would beat England with their second XI, Argentina's front 3 would put 5 past the England team that played Switzerland and rance as Aikman says played us off the park only recently.

England are atrocious
Old 29.06.2011, 12:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Argentina and all other South american teams havent played competitive games since the world cup.

The Europeans have, I am sure that counts for some of the weighting. And the South Americans slide.

Will be interesting to see what Brazils ranking will be come the opening for the World Cup in 2014, they wont play competitive games to qualify.

Wouldnt suprise me one bit if FIFA...the joke that it is , probably put Mickey Mouse tournaments like Confederation cups as "Competitive" games