Dolphin Free Agent Wish List 2010 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 20.02.2010, 10:30 PM
Starter

Default Dolphin Free Agent Wish List 2010

Which Frre Agents do you think the Dolphins should try for to help take them to the next level and win the Super Bowl.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
Old 21.02.2010, 12:35 AM
MVP

A lot of the players that Miami would like are likely going to be franchised which pretty means that they will not be moving to us. In that category Id include Vince Wilfork, Aubrayo Franklin and Ryan Pickett.

Wilfork would be ideal but I cant see the Pats letting him go. Franklin and Pickett would be good additions as NT's but both are likely to be tagged. Pittsbugh's NT Casey Hampton is also scheduled to be a free agent and though he would be a fit for us, its unlikely he will leave the Steelers. Wilfork would be a top notch signing.

Aside from those defensive linemen, ILB Karlos Dansby would be a very good addition for our defense. Dansby is likely to be very expensive so teams might back away from him so plan B could be Gary Brackett from the Colts but I cant see Indy letting him walk away. Id like to see Adewale Ogunleye return to Miami. He would bring depth to the DE spot as well as being a leader to the younger guys at that position.
Old 21.02.2010, 12:52 AM
Hall of Fame

Its a pretty poor list. Ogunleye & Hampton are past their best IMHO. Dansby would be a great signing and fills a real need as both are ILBs are simply not good enough. Dansby would be a major upgrade but all indications are we are looking draft at ILB.

Wilfork will want close to Haynesworth money. On a number of levels its a move I can't see Parcells & Ireland making or the Pats allowing to happen.
Old 21.02.2010, 01:14 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsio777 View Post
Its a pretty poor list. Ogunleye & Hampton are past their best IMHO. Dansby would be a great signing and fills a real need as both are ILBs are simply not good enough. Dansby would be a major upgrade but all indications are we are looking draft at ILB.

Wilfork will want close to Haynesworth money. On a number of levels its a move I can't see Parcells & Ireland making or the Pats allowing to happen.
Not much to make you sit up and take notice. By my reckoning all the top NT talent are likely to be franchised which makes Karlos Dansby the biggest name out there and he would represent a very expensive upgrade for Miami.

Hampton and Ogunleye could do short term jobs for Miami.
Old 21.02.2010, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Obviously it would be amazing to get Wilfork or Dansby. I'd love to see either of them in South Florida. ...And with NT being just about the most important position in a 3-4 defense, I would throw whatever money Wilfork wants at him, since he's pretty much the best in the business. The Pats won't allow it to happen though.

Going by past tendancies of our front office... I agree that either one is unlikey to end up in Miami. Dansby also said he'd like to play for NYG... they will alos be in the markey for an ILB and are more likely to show him the momey than Miami.

Hampton might be a nice stop-gap solution. At 32, he's younger than Ferguson and could still have a few decent seasons left in him if he can stay healthy.

I'm not sure about Ogunleye though. He was great when he played for Miami earlier in the decade when we were playing 4-3. ...But I'm not sure how well he'd fit the 3-4. He's too small to play the DE in the system, so he would have to be another OLB conversion project which may or may not work out.

The free agent market really is slim pickings this year though.
Old 21.02.2010, 11:28 AM
Starter

Dansby seems to be the one everyone is talking about,he may price himself out of a move to the Dolphins,especially as the four teams he lists are NYG,SD,WAS and MIA,if it turns into a bidding war,i think Parcells will walk away and let the 'skins throw silly money at him.
Larry Foote could be a cheaper alternative,he played in the Steelers 3-4 D,so knows the system.
Aaron Kampman could be an expensive upgrade at OLB,he switched there last year when GB went 3-4,also Derrick Burgess could be an alternative as well,proven in the league and both have played DE should Merling and Langford not progress.
Ryan Pickett would be an obvious upgrade at NT but expensive,Hampton could provude a stop gap and allow them to plug other areas this year as the top two DT's in the draft will go early i think,leaving the Dolphins praying for McClain,Kindle or Bryant all to them,Dez not Antonio!.
Dez is being compared to TO,i would take that,Foote,Burgess and Hampton at a push but would be happier with Dansby,Kampman and Pickett!.
Still as long they strengthen i don't mind.
In Bill we trust!.
In Moyes we trust!.
Everton 3 Man Utd 1 !!!!!.
Old 21.02.2010, 08:30 PM
All Pro

Dansby is a no for me, too old and too expensive, same with Boldin, and most other players you've all mentioned.

An expensive FA signing is fine for the missing piece, but you build through the draft.
Old 21.02.2010, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanod View Post
Dansby is a no for me, too old and too expensive, same with Boldin, and most other players you've all mentioned.

An expensive FA signing is fine for the missing piece, but you build through the draft.
I don't think Dansby's too old. He's only played 6 seasons. He's right there in his prime at the moment, and should be a solid player for several more seasons yet.

I agree with building through the draft in general though... and we certainly don't want to overpay for him. If we could get him though, it would mean the Fins could concentrate more on the OLB positon, and other areas of need such as NT in the draft.
Old 22.02.2010, 12:57 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanod View Post

I could live without getting Dansby and Boldin if were to draft Bryant and Spikes, but whether they will be there for us in the both the 1st and 2nd round is uncertain.

But I think we need to make a big effort to get Dansby as our ILB's are just not good enough. Dansby would fill a massive need and we have a much better chance IMO of getting him than we do any number 1 receiver in FA.
Old 22.02.2010, 12:59 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw34 View Post
Dansby seems to be the one everyone is talking about,he may price himself out of a move to the Dolphins,especially as the four teams he lists are NYG,SD,WAS and MIA,if it turns into a bidding war,i think Parcells will walk away and let the 'skins throw silly money at him.
Thats a good point, as Parcells didn't pursue Calvin Pace any further when the Jets started offering more money.