Post Game Thoughts? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Old 07.09.2014, 11:25 PM
Pro

Default Post Game Thoughts?

I think we were very poor tonight but had chance to win game. Goldson should have made the pick. The 2 picks we threw were pathetic and embarrassing.

I really don't rate the panthers and think we'll look back at this as a game we shouldn't have lost.

Your thoughts?
Old 08.09.2014, 09:17 AM
Pro Bowler

Oh dear, here we go again. Taking consolation that Dallas looked worse. I have more confidence in our coach that he can pull us around but we did look amateurish.
Old 08.09.2014, 09:34 AM
Starter

Couldn't believe what I was seeing and couldn't believe we actually had a chance to win in. Disappointed with Goldson on that play.

How many silly, risky passes did McCown try. Got lucky with a couple. Confidence shot up when we started playing but wasn't a great game to watch.

Fingers crossed for next week. Should be a perfect opponent in the Rams. If we lose that game then I think our season will end up being another disappointment.

Was very impressed with Atlanta which doesn't bode well for us.

I'll keep the faith for the time being.
Old 08.09.2014, 09:59 AM
All Pro

I had little faith in McCown to begin with this hasn't changed much. Always had those ridiculous moments and struggles with pressure occasionally. He makes bad decisions hard to see that changing now. Defence had no prssure which is a problem as that OL is not very good. Gave up a lot of yards, points not so much so that's reasonable, from initially watching we didn't use Tampa 2 as much as some thought.

We need a QB, I'd consider a Washington-esque trade to get Mariota, if we don't end up that low. There is a reason many wanted Bridgewater.
Old 08.09.2014, 02:28 PM
Rookie

That was not great...

Thought McCown looked a little edgy yesterday, maybe a few nerves starting opening day but for a 35 year old veteran you would expect more composure. He struggled to deal with any pressure, and his 2 picks were really poor. The lack of production on the ground didn't help him though, I think he felt like he needed to force the situation at times. I can only remember that 1 run from Lane that got us somewhere on the ground, Rainey picked up some yards but Martin couldn't get anywhere.

Defensively I was really surprised with the lack of pressure we got on Anderson, he had a good day but didnt have to do anything out of the ordinary to pick us apart. Although they did the opposite to us and got the ground game going which did help him along.

After all that we still had a chance to win, Goldson , which is frustrating, but also has me looking forward to next week. Stop the Rams run game and we should have out first win of the season, because playing against backup QB's is easy, right?

Onwards and upwards!
Old 08.09.2014, 09:52 PM
Pro Bowler

Wink

I'm not worried about the Rams offence it's their defense that could have a field day against us.
We desperately need a QB. A guy that can pick up the team on broad shoulders and inspire as Moreno seemed to do to the Dolphins this week. I'm a 5 foot 1 inch female with a bum shoulder, bad hip flexor and dodgy knees and I'm thinking of auditioning !
Old 08.09.2014, 11:56 PM
Pro

Looks like we will be facing the rams 3rd string QB and from what I saw on redzone of the game v the vikings, their o-line wasn't great so lets hope for some push rush from anyone else other than mccoy
Old 15.09.2014, 09:09 PM
Starter

Well that was worse for me than last week. A 3rd string QB this time! Blocked field goal, blocked punt and a horrendous interception again by McCown to ruin our momentum.

Looked so good at the time with our opening TD.

Not hopeful for Thursday but Falcons weren't great either yesterday. McCown needs to act his age and stop throwing these stupid balls especially if he's off balance. Another show like that and I'll be wanting Glennon in without a doubt.

Didn't have any hopes for the play offs this year. Just wanted improvement. We might be struggling to do that if we don't pull our fingers out.

Any thoughts???
Old 16.09.2014, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

I know Tedford wasn't calling the offense on Sunday, so if he is undertaking full duties on thursday we may see some improvement.

The play calling for me was the biggest issue. Its clear that the coaching staff don't trust McCown to get the job done with his arm (and the fact that Glennon is still holding a clipboard suggests they don't trust him either - even if many of us do)

Thursday has become 'must win'. At 1-2 with a win over a division rival, things start to look different, but at 0-3 the year is a write off already, and V-Jax et al have another year of their 'window of opportunity' passing them by.
Old 17.09.2014, 02:00 PM
Pro Bowler

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
I know Tedford wasn't calling the offense on Sunday, so if he is undertaking full duties on thursday we may see some improvement.

The play calling for me was the biggest issue. Its clear that the coaching staff don't trust McCown to get the job done with his arm (and the fact that Glennon is still holding a clipboard suggests they don't trust him either - even if many of us do)

Thursday has become 'must win'. At 1-2 with a win over a division rival, things start to look different, but at 0-3 the year is a write off already, and V-Jax et al have another year of their 'window of opportunity' passing them by.
I never got to see us play Sunday night as did the bed early up at 4am for work thing. From what I've read it wasn't good. I am not hopeful of a win against a Falcons team that will be riled up at their own poor show last week. McClowney isn't showing any poise and Glennon wasn't shining last season. But we do have a coach ! Have everything ready for Thursday night ( well Friday evening as recording it due to work). Got my shirt, hat, scarf and pointy finger along with popcorn and blue mountain coffee. Oh and a discarded Saints brown paper bag to put on my head every time our offence take the field !