Holy Toledo ... How 'bout dem Raiders - Page 1034 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Oakland Raiders

Old 22.11.2009, 12:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
Gradkowski might not be the answer; but if their a major improvement in the offense then we do know that Russell was the problem. Just wish the Raiders did this like four or five game's ago.

Do think the Raiders have a good defense; it just that were not scoring points.
Yeah agree with that, Gradkowski isnt the saviour but if he could run a' normal' type offense, bit of a rushing attack, Gradkowski throws for 200 yards (Which would be a season high wouldnt it ?!) then it shows Russell really is the problem. Got a feeling Cables play calling doesnt help though but we'll tell.

We know its a combination of things, young WR's messing up, dull play-calling, Russell of course and no rushing attack. One 100 yard game in all these weeks is poor, that was mostly because of the long run.

Either way i'm looking forward to the game tonight
Old 22.11.2009, 03:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Cant wait for todays game, amazing what a JaJabba free zone will do for you.

Not expecting miracles, and Gradowski isnt the long term answer, but it will be nice to see the WR's get some passes thrown to them that they dont have to continually make last minute adjustments for, because of JaJabba's inaccuracy.

Despite our record, I dont think we are that bad of a team(with a new coach I mean) and 14-20 points per game from the offense would have a lot of our games going down to the wire.

Hopefully Bald-owski can help us put some points on the board, or at least have some drives that keep our defense rested.
Old 22.11.2009, 04:48 PM
Hall of Fame

To be fair it wasnt 'always' Russell who was at fault, the amount of drops was frustrating last week. I then watched the Colts game and their young wr's were catching a ton of passes, a fair few werent on the money but they adjusted and made the grab.

If its more of the same then i think you can tell Cable and co are also at fault. The thing is as Raider fans is not to get too excited !

Tui had one half against the Chiefs on MNF (against a prevent defense), did very well but the following week was then injured and gone for the year.

Billy Joe Hobert came in against the Chiefs, threw a few late touchdowns in relief, everyone loved him, a week later against the Steelers he threw 4 ints and back to the bench !

Todd Marinovich had a 3 td game in his first start, everyone gets excited, showed some potential before badly going downhill. Even Donald Hollas won a game for us i think.

I hope Gradkowski does well and might be a decent backup for us next year, but anyway i'm just really looking forward to the game.
Old 22.11.2009, 05:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Jamarcus was something like 2 for 24 on passes over 20 yards this season.

8% completion rate, what a joke.

Lets not make it out to be a case of "wasnt his fault", it was 90% his fault.

I grew fustrated of seeing him get decent protection, a wr open downfield, and having him miss a simple 6 yard pass to hs RB, because he only scans one side of the field.

Baldowski wont be brilliant, but at least he will look at all his wideouts on a play.
Old 22.11.2009, 05:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
To be fair it wasnt 'always' Russell who was at fault, the amount of drops was frustrating last week. I then watched the Colts game and their young wr's were catching a ton of passes, a fair few werent on the money but they adjusted and made the grab.
Probably cos Manning calls them the day after the draft and tells them to show up in indy at 8 am the following day.

He works with them before they even sign contracts.

JaJabba on the other hand, spends the offseason eating Fried Chicken and buying Bling.
Old 22.11.2009, 08:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
To be fair it wasnt 'always' Russell who was at fault, the amount of drops was frustrating last week.
True ... 9 drops last week ... plus one by the Chiefs defender on the 3rd down before SeaBass missed his FG.

Thing is, I wonder how many of those drops are caused by surprise when the receivers actually see the ball on target? How many of them are due to tensing up because this might be the only ball that comes accurately in their direction?

I know that sounds a little jestful, and a difficult assertion to back up but I know when I've played sports (admittedly not at a professional level) that those sort of thoughts can enter your head, if you have an unreliable teammate. You're not quite as prepared as you really should be because you're on the edge of despair.

Likely Grad won't do much today ... but it gives us some hope for this game at least!
Old 23.11.2009, 12:29 AM
Hall of Fame

Amazing what a real Qb can do.

If Jamarcus was playing, thats 3 or 6 points tops , and another loss.

I am just so glad that that bum isnt playing anymore. How refreshing is it to have a QB that earns respect from his teammates, instead of just coasting on his reputation and his salary.....
Old 23.11.2009, 12:34 AM
All Pro

You know; grad did not have a great game; but he won the game...that all that matter
Old 23.11.2009, 01:52 AM
Team Captain

finally we have sailed on after Russel anchoring us for so long... I liked Grads gutsyness. Fought for it and it payed off. Thats was a really good team we turned over, give the Raiders a big morale boost and something to play out the season for.
Old 23.11.2009, 02:37 AM
Starter

Did anyone see the game? If so did you, like me, notice some sort of an earpiece that Ja-busto was wearing? It wouldn't suprise me if it he was listening to his tunes on his MP3 player during the game. I didn't see much of him cheering his teamates on.