NFLUK 2018 7 round Mock Draft Extravaganza Chat Thread - Page 161 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 20.04.2018, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz View Post
Washington Redskins (by Martz)

Round 1, pick 13 - Derwin James, Safety, Florida State
Round 2, pick 44 - Ronald Jones II, Running Back, USC
Round 4, pick 113 - Derrick Nnadi, Defensive Tackle, Florida State
Round 5, pick 149 - J'mon Moore, Wide Receiver, Missouri
Round 6, pick 188 - Marquis Haynes, Outside Linebacker, Ole Miss
Round 7, pick 231 - Nic Shimonek, Quarterback, Texas Tech
Round 7, pick 241 - Davontae Harris, Cornerback Illinois State
Undrafted Free Agency day 1 - Tyrone Crowder, Guard, Clemson
Undrafted Free Agency day 2 - Rod Taylor, Tackle, Mississippi
Undrafted Free Agency day 2 - Greg Gilmore, Defensive End, LSU
Undrafted Free Agency day 3 - Nyles Morgan, Linebacker, Notre Dame
Undrafted Free Agency day 3 - Jamar Summers, Safety/Cornerback, Connecticut
Undrafted Free Agency day 3 - Austin Roberts, Tight End, UCLA
Undrafted Free Agency day 3 - Taylor Young, Linebacker, Baylor

It was fun to learn about the Redskins, before the draft I tried to understand the positions of need and found that there are holes on the entire roster! I identified that a starting Running Back and a big Defensive Tackle were going to be my main priorities. Overall I think I’ve done well, but I’d love to hear what Redskins fans think of it.

Derwin James was the best player available when Washington went on the clock with their first round pick. He’s the best Defensive Back in the draft in my opinion and if in his first couple of years he plays similar to fellow Florida State Defensive Back, Jalen Ramsey, he’ll be a star. This pick looks even better now that Strong Safety Cravens has officially left and joined the Denver Broncos, as Safety becomes a big need. Defensive Tackle Vita Vea would have been perfect if he was available.
In the second round I addressed the starting Running Back role with Ronald Jones II, Jones was the fourth Running Back on my board and I didn’t feel I could wait until the fourth round to find my Running Back. Kareem Hunt had a great year in Kansas City next to Alex Smith and hopefully a rookie Running Back does just as well for Washington this year with Smith.
In the fourth round Derrick Nnadi filled the biggest need left on the team as the big Defensive Tackle, I couldn’t wait any longer to address this position than the fourth round. It was a close decision between Nnadi and Hill, who went a few picks later to Denver.
In the fifth round J’mon Moore was the best available Wide Receiver available and was an easy pick for me to make.
In the sixth round I found a playmaker in Marquis Haynes, he won’t be the starter, but I feel he can rotated in and could be a difference maker every now and then.
In the seventh round I wanted to find Washington another option for the backup Quarterback spot/future Quarterback, other than Colt McCoy. Upon looking into Nick Shimoneck I found him to be a very interesting prospect. He had a big year after replacing Patrick Mahomes at Texas Tech in 2017. Mahomes apparently had the best mentor he could ask for in Alex Smith and will be the starting Quarterback for Kansas City in 2018. I’ll give the latest Texas Tech Quarterback to Alex Smith again with his pick.
In the seventh round I also picked up one of the best players available in Davontae Harris, a Cornerback adding depth to the Redskins.
In day 1 of Undrafted Free Agency I spent all of my money available to find an interior lineman in Tyrone Crowder.
In day 2, I split my money and was unfortunate in only winning two of the five players I bidded or, I added 3-4 Defensive End Greg Gilmore and an Offensive Tackle in Rod Taylor. Due to the lack of quality on the team there’s a slim chance they’ll actually be in contention for a starting place with an injury or two.
In day 3 I managed to get four players to add depth to the team.

Look forward to hearing thoughts on both of my drafts, I've also updated the picks thread with pictures where I quickly posted my picks at work.
James is a pick I could definitely see Washington making. He would fill the role vacated by Su'a Cravens, and can help out in a number of ways. Jones would have every chance of winning the starting RB spot as a rookie, and Nnadi should give their weak run Defense a boost.

The Redskins could do with a developmental QB, and Shimonek is well worth a shot that late on...
Sponsored Links
Old 21.04.2018, 06:21 PM
Rookie

Didn’t put in any claims for UDFA I just prefer to stick to the draft picks I made lol

Wanted to say thanks to all those that got this going and assisted in it being run, and Wayne for messaging me via facebook whenever I was on the clock
Old 23.04.2018, 02:17 PM
All Pro

Final Arizona Cardinals draft/UDFA;

Round 1, pick 7 - Lamar Jackson, QB
Round 3, pick 97 - Nick Nelson, CB
Round 5, pick 155 - Cedrick Wilson, WR
Round 5, pick 161 - Braxton Berrios, WR
Round 6, pick 180 - Dimitri Flowers, RB
Round 6, pick 197 - Ryan Izzo, TE
Round 6, pick 204 - Greg Senat, OT
Round 6, pick 210 - Skyler Phillips, OG
Round 7, pick 219 - Kyle Hicks, RB
Round 7, pick 225 - Justin Lawler, DE
Round 7, pick 232 - Boston Scott, RB
Round 7, pick 242 - Logan Woodside, QB
Round 7, pick 254 - Trey Johnson, CB

UDFA picks

Tanner Lee, QB, Nebraska
Darren Carrington, WR, Utah
Adam Breneman, TE, Massachusetts
Mark Korte, C, Alberta
Du'Vonta Lampkin, DT, Oklahoma
Olasunkanmi Adeniyi, DE, Toledo
Anthony Winbush, DE, Ball state
Airius Moore, LB, NC State
Peter Kalambayi, LB, Stanford
Jaylen Dunlap, CB, Illinois
Tre Flowers, S, Oklahoma State
Cole Reyes, S, North Dakota

One big trade up, and then basically just swinging the bat and hoping I hit on a few late round picks and UDFA along with Jackson to make this a good draft. Like Cole Reyes a lot for an UDFA, as well as Darren Carrington.

Will be interesting to see where these guys end up!

Thanks again to Buffalo and Wayne for running the real thing, and for Mick for doing the UDFA - as always, great fun to do these - look forward to next years already!
Old 23.04.2018, 07:41 PM
Pro Bowler

Steelers 2018 Draft Class

1(28) Justin Reid,S,Stanford
2(60) Malik Jefferson,ILB,Texas
3(92) Anthony Miller,WR,Memphis
5(148) Leon Jacobs,OLB,Wisconsin
5(165) Jordan Wilkins,RB,Mississippi
7(220) Timon Parris,OT,Stoney Brook
7(246) Bilal Nichols,DL,Delaware

UDFA Day1
Sharif Finch,OLB,Temple
Josh Frazier,NT,Alabama
Zaire Franklin,ILB,Syracuse
Ralph Webb,RB,Vanderbilt
Andrew Ankrah,OLB,James Madison
Zach Sieler,DE,Ferris State
Dejon Allen,G,Hawaii

UDFA Day2
Chris Warren III,RB,Texas
Foyesade Oluokin,LB/S,Yale
Chad Kanoff,QB,Princeton
Deon Yelder,TE,Western Kentucky
Robert Foster WR,Alabama

UDFA Day 3
Dee Delaney CB,Miami
Vyncint Smith,WR,Limestone
Kendall Donnerson,LB,Southeast Missouri
Quadree Henderson,WR,Pittsburgh
Andrew Vollert,TE,Weber State

Big thanks to everyone who participated and extra thanks to the guys running the draft and UDFA.

Last edited by redcar_steeler; 23.04.2018 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02.05.2018, 10:16 AM
Rookie

Last one for me, thought it'd be interesting to see who I took and where, compared to where they went in the draft, first bit is what pick, position and who I took, below that is what pick they went in the draft and who to:

Houston Texans
Pick 68 OT Jarmarco Jones
Went pick 168 to the Seahawks

Pick 80 G Braden Smith
Went pick 37 to the Colts

Pick 98 CB Duke Dawson
Went pick 55 to the Pats

Pick 103 S Terrell Edmunds
Went pick 26 to Steelers (biggest shock for me!)

Pick 177 TE Chris Herndon
Went pick 107 to Jets

Pick 211 DT Christian LaCouture
UDFA to Ravens

Pick 214 QB Alex McGough
Went pick 220 to Seahawks

Pick 222 G Colby Gossett
Went pick 213 to Vikings

So from the above:
I drafted 5 player's who went earlier in the draft than they did in our mock (the biggest difference being Edmunds who went 26th overall, I drafted him 103rd overall)
I drafted 1 player (LaCouture) that was an UDFA
I drafted 1 player (Jones) who went later in the draft than in our mock (I took him at 68th overall, he went 168th in the draft)
Old 02.05.2018, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane.17 View Post
Last one for me, thought it'd be interesting to see who I took and where, compared to where they went in the draft, first bit is what pick, position and who I took, below that is what pick they went in the draft and who to:

Houston Texans
Pick 68 OT Jarmarco Jones
Went pick 168 to the Seahawks

Pick 80 G Braden Smith
Went pick 37 to the Colts

Pick 98 CB Duke Dawson
Went pick 55 to the Pats

Pick 103 S Terrell Edmunds
Went pick 26 to Steelers (biggest shock for me!)

Pick 177 TE Chris Herndon
Went pick 107 to Jets

Pick 211 DT Christian LaCouture
UDFA to Ravens

Pick 214 QB Alex McGough
Went pick 220 to Seahawks

Pick 222 G Colby Gossett
Went pick 213 to Vikings

So from the above:
I drafted 5 player's who went earlier in the draft than they did in our mock (the biggest difference being Edmunds who went 26th overall, I drafted him 103rd overall)
I drafted 1 player (LaCouture) that was an UDFA
I drafted 1 player (Jones) who went later in the draft than in our mock (I took him at 68th overall, he went 168th in the draft)
Got some great value after the first pick, with a first rounder at pick 103 and early 2nd rounder at #80. Not sure why Jones fell as far as he did...
Old 02.05.2018, 03:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Got some great value after the first pick, with a first rounder at pick 103 and early 2nd rounder at #80. Not sure why Jones fell as far as he did...
Yeah Jones was a very very strange one, didn’t expect him to fall as low as he actually did. Happy with the value I got for Herndon too

Overall very happy with how the draft went at the time, especially comparing it to the mock draft, but when the season starts is when we will know how well all of our drafts were