PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2848 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 29.04.2018, 08:00 PM
Starter

Like the Gesicki pick - addressed a real need
Also like Ballage who could a real asset on third down but must deliver on his potential.
We have signed another kicker - Greg Thomas to compete with
draft pick Jason Sanders . This looks a close contest
Sponsored Links
Old 30.04.2018, 11:48 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Well, we got a Kicker and as a project signed UDFA Riley Ferguson as a QB. Thought we had a very good Day 1 selecting clear areas of need (although I prefer Andrews & Goedert to Gesicki), Poor Day 2 and picked up a few good later round picks

Great to have Minkah. Pairing him with Jones and moving McDonald into a hybrid LB spot is an exciting prospect
Ferguson got signed by the Buccs. Without even a UDFA QB, the Dolphins either have a plan lining up elsewhere (perhaps Bridgwater will be released by the Jets) or are content to run the gauntlet with Tannehill/Osweiler and Fales.

Overall, I really like the draft class. I would've liked to see Lauletta or Falk come in as a developmental QB, but the pickup of Smythe and Ballage in the 4th fills a bigger need and schematically opens up the playbook with a blocking TE and another speedy RB.

The surprise at the end of the draft was taking Sanders over Eddy Pineiro. Pineiro had been heavily scouted by the Fins and was very accurate at college whilst Sanders has a huge leg but struggles with accuracy. Apparently that decision came directly from Darren Rizzi, so hopefully he sees something positive in the guy's future.

Last edited by RUN RUN RICKY; 30.04.2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01.05.2018, 04:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge69 View Post
Like the Gesicki pick - addressed a real need
Also like Ballage who could a real asset on third down but must deliver on his potential.
We have signed another kicker - Greg Thomas to compete with
draft pick Jason Sanders . This looks a close contest
I watch Ballage and I 'm reminded of Daniel Thomas. Very tall, big framed, upright runne
Read a scouting comment on Ballage that wasn't too complimentary...."Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane"