2017 Draft Class - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Sponsored Links

Old 01.05.2017, 08:07 PM
All Pro

Default 2017 Draft Class

The tape on Davis and Reeves-Maybin both look like intensive LB's with high motors whether Davis proves to be the Lions Ray Lewis is to be determined. If he becomes the defensive leader though and a modern day Spielman I shall be more than happy. The downside of both though is their susceptibility to injury.

Tabor looks like a better player on film than he did at the combo which is no bad thing. If he ends up as starter opposite Slay then we won't be disappointed.

Golladay & Roberts have come with rave reviews from MAC coaches so we have to hope they are able to make the step up in class.

We can also hope there are potential gems in the lower round picks and among the UFA's they have signed.

In his first year Quinn has done enough to earn confidence in his selections so I will not concern myself that this Draft Class failed to address the sexy needs of DE & RB in what was supposed to be a deep Draft in both positions. From this off-season's moves I think we can assume that the management and coaching staff were of the belief that the poor run game had more to do with the O-Line than the RB's and that the D-Line required better support from the LB's in order to reach potential.
Sponsored Links
Old 25.06.2017, 12:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyTrencher View Post
The tape on Davis and Reeves-Maybin both look like intensive LB's with high motors whether Davis proves to be the Lions Ray Lewis is to be determined. If he becomes the defensive leader though and a modern day Spielman I shall be more than happy. The downside of both though is their susceptibility to injury.

Tabor looks like a better player on film than he did at the combo which is no bad thing. If he ends up as starter opposite Slay then we won't be disappointed.

Golladay & Roberts have come with rave reviews from MAC coaches so we have to hope they are able to make the step up in class.

We can also hope there are potential gems in the lower round picks and among the UFA's they have signed.

In his first year Quinn has done enough to earn confidence in his selections so I will not concern myself that this Draft Class failed to address the sexy needs of DE & RB in what was supposed to be a deep Draft in both positions. From this off-season's moves I think we can assume that the management and coaching staff were of the belief that the poor run game had more to do with the O-Line than the RB's and that the D-Line required better support from the LB's in order to reach potential.

Spent a lot of time watching film on Foster, so it really pained me to pass him over. Could have given us an identity, but didn't seem like a BQ kinda guy. If Davis can stay on the field, then he should hopefully be solid although some of his angles worry me a bit. Reeves-Maybin as a 4th i love. Your hit rate at that point in the draft is low and if he can get healthy as a decent chance to be a good player.

Tabor is an interesting one. Tape is great, but success rate of those numbers is so so poor. It all comes down to what the private workout was like for me, gotta trust the team guys. Fact BQ said he has never watched more tape on a player should give a good read on him as an evaluator depending on outcome.

Golladay getting rave reviews. I personally would have loved to get Carl Lawson in 3rd.