Jim Irsay - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 18.03.2014, 12:39 PM
Pro

Send a message via MSN to TubbyTJ
Default Jim Irsay

So what's everyone's take on Jim's latest face-plant and the potential repercussions for the franchise?

It's clear he needs help and he really has not looked at all well over the last season when you see him in the locker room on the post-game videos.

Clearly a troubled family too - given his father's much fabled struggles with alcohol. I feel really sorry for him (and his family) - since he seems to a genuine enough guy - just crazy rich (to quote one of the Indy blogs) with lots of free time and a problem waiting to undo him.

Hopefully timing will mean that it is not too much of a distraction in terms of games plans - but possibly problematic in terms of Free Agency and Draft prep. Especially in a Franchise which tends not to have too much of this kind of problem.
Sponsored Links
Old 18.03.2014, 01:25 PM
Rookie

Smile

Its a sad situation but it has been a long time coming. It could be a blessing though if he takes this as an opportunity to seek the help he needs. Goodell will have to fine him and possibly order other penalites too but those wont really affect the Colts as an organization in a bad way i wouldnt think.

Here's hoping he gets better and that can only help the Colts become a better organization.
Old 19.03.2014, 11:14 AM
Team Captain

Worth 1.6 billion dollars and still has those demons, just goes to show how addiction does not discriminate and the old adage about money not buying you happiness. He has looked really bad for a while, gaunt and pale and about 10 years older,and slurring when he speaks. Without wanting to speculate I wouldn't be surprised if certain bodybuilding 'supplements' were involved as well as prescription drugs and alcohol.

Although they are generally unbearable I thought the discussion that first take did on this was decent, without their usual hyperbole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mhRhGc-DEY
Old 19.03.2014, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_87 View Post
Worth 1.6 billion dollars and still has those demons, just goes to show how addiction does not discriminate and the old adage about money not buying you happiness. He has looked really bad for a while, gaunt and pale and about 10 years older. Without wanting to speculate I wouldn't be surprised if certain bodybuilding 'supplements' were involved as well as prescription drugs and alcohol.

Although they are generally unbearable I thought the discussion that first take did on this was decent, without their usual hyperbole.
Money can make it worse as he has a bottom less pit of funds to fund his addiction.