chances this year - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 17.05.2014, 04:33 PM
All Pro

I believe the Colts are a team who are in danger of a major slide in 2014 (there is always one or two). Several of their best players are on the wrong side of 30 and issues on both lines could leave the side vulnerable to a lot of close losses.

I also believe that the quality of their division has increased significantly. The Jaguars have put together a very good looking front 7, the Titans are somewhat of an unknown commodity and the Texans still have a number of top players (especially on D).

Saying this, it might not be a bad thing for the Colts to have a bad year. The higher draft picks in 2015 could give them the chance to build a team around Luck that would mean they come back three times as strong over the latter half of the decade.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.05.2014, 04:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Good theory but incorrect.

After this year we will have to pay andrew luck.

And make no mistake we have to pay him at the expense of the defence basically
Old 17.05.2014, 10:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
Good theory but incorrect.

After this year we will have to pay andrew luck.

And make no mistake we have to pay him at the expense of the defence basically
Actually I think the Colts may well have got lucky in this situation.

Although the megabucks QB have not been hugely successful once paid over the past decade, the NFL landscape changes drastically next year that should equalise that trend. Namely there will be more QBs on megabucks deals than not.

This will surely mean more lopsided teams or a readjustment in how much money certain non-star but good pro players can get in free agency. Hopefully for Colts fans this will lead to them having a very good chance over the decade or so.

Of course the other notable teams that will gain from this (if the theory stands up) will be Seattle and San Fran so there are other very good teams out there too.
Old 17.05.2014, 10:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Kaepernick is going to ruin the 49ers, they'd be better off money wose and team wise with alex smith.
Old 17.05.2014, 10:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Kaepernick is going to ruin the 49ers, they'd be better off money wose and team wise with alex smith.
If he decides that he wants to give Blaine Gabbert another chance at being a NFL QB I would not object.
Old 19.05.2014, 10:04 AM
Team Captain

People were predicting a slide last year that never materialised. I remember having a discussion on here with someone who said Luck was going to suffer a sophomore slump. Not a bit of it.

Our offence is still very young on the whole, a whole load of players with 2 years or less experience. Luck, Hilton, Fleener, Allen, Brazill, Ballard, Richardson, Rogers, Holmes, Thornton plus now Moncrief and Mewhort.

With regards to the other teams in our division, we have the one thing they don't to win a division title, a quarterback.
Old 21.05.2014, 11:02 PM
Pro

Quote:
If the running game can get going.

A fine theory except i believe u forgotten trent richardson
I prefer to think of it as a case of remembering Bradshaw and Ballard. We will get Thomas back on the O line, though I grant you center is a huge question mark right now.
Old 11.06.2014, 10:03 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLI View Post
I prefer to think of it as a case of remembering Bradshaw and Ballard. We will get Thomas back on the O line, though I grant you center is a huge question mark right now.
Hi Guys, new to this forum so i thought I'd share my thoughts on the Colts chances next season.

As every teams expectations (somewhat) are winning the Super Bowl, i have no qualms in the Colts winning it all. However, i don't think it will happen. Jones is a solid addition on D however i think the Secondary will suffer heavily with Bethea now at San Fran. Landry is HUGELY disappointing in coverage and i don't see Howell or Brown doing what Bethea did. We have no ball hawking safety, Bethea organised that D on every snap. Jackson is coming of a bad year with the Browns playing in a 3-4, so It'll be interesting to see how the Colts do play on defence. They don't have to win games for us, they just have to do enough to keep us in games.

Andrew Luck is coming off a very good regular season, although with a shaky play off run throwing 7 interceptions. However, as long as Luck is on the field, the Colts will win games. He's just that good. I'll be interested to see how many snaps Hilton will get with Wayne and Nicks being our 1-2 receivers, especially when we run with twin tight ends now Allen is back from his season ending injury. I hope the addition of Nicks doesn't impact on Hiltons game time, as we've seen before, that guy is a baller.