Going to a Colts game - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 21.03.2012, 09:47 PM
All Pro

Default Going to a Colts game

Anybody been? If so what was it like? What was Indy like? sure PowysColt has been out a few times, any info mate?
Sponsored Links
Old 26.03.2012, 12:54 PM
Team Captain

Everytime I have stayed in Indiana it has been in bloomington which is an hour from Indianapolis. I normally will go out for a few beers before the game in Indianapolis then back to Bloomington which is mainly a college town so pretty lively.

For the high school games I go and watch Brownstown which is 90 mins drive from Bloomington, I watch them due to having links to the school.

For the college game I always go to Purdue which is over 3 and half hours drive away so only really had time for tailgating and not to many bars.

I found the people friendly and they love the fact that people from Uk are into football, I always get mistaking for a Scots man even thou im Welsh lol

Indianapolis is only a small airport so in and out quickly, I always go with aircanada via toronto, but im sure there could be cheaper but I like the service
Old 26.03.2012, 12:56 PM
Team Captain

Oh and I can tell you the noise is really that loud, in the old stadium against the broncos I couldnt believe how loud it got on there 3rd down, everyone was on their feet. In the new when i went the roof was open but great but not as loud as in the dome.
Old 05.07.2012, 08:07 PM
Pro

Send a message via MSN to TubbyTJ

Well.... all booked for Browns game in October (hoping we might win that one :-). Trying to decide if I go catch purdue playing Ohio State in Columbus on the Saturday...... or go watch the Butler Bulldogs in Indy itself.........
Old 05.07.2012, 09:39 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTJ View Post
Well.... all booked for Browns game in October (hoping we might win that one :-). Trying to decide if I go catch purdue playing Ohio State in Columbus on the Saturday...... or go watch the Butler Bulldogs in Indy itself.........
brilliant, make sure to take some snaps and put them on here, planning a trip for the 2013 season
Old 06.07.2012, 02:56 AM
All Pro

Thumbs up Going to a Colts game

Lucas Oil Stadium is a nice one - I went there in 2008 for a Lions@Colts game. I stayed in a hostel - really nice but a bit out of the city... much nearer 'Bar Ripple' apparantly the place to go out for night life. I caught a bus a block or two from where I stayed but took a while to get downtown but on the occasions I did go down town had a good time. If you like war history (I do on World War Two and American Civil War - must of been all the films on TV based on these wars as a kid), any way under 'The Indiana Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument' downtown is a good Civil War Museum. Also while wandering around downtown (it's not big) I found another good museum inside/under 'The Indiana World War Memorial' - this is more on all wars through out time that 'Hoosiers' have fought in.

Also no trip to Indy would be complete without taking in the Indy 500 (Speedway) museum. I don't know exactly where it was but know I had to take a couple of busses to get out to it.

Any way I have photo's on facebook back from that trip if you or anyone fancies a gander at them:-

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5776859&type=3

Hope you have fun - I did.
Old 06.07.2012, 08:36 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTJ View Post
If you can get the tickets ($118 on stubhub) and don't mind a 3 hour drive then you have to try and catch a game at the horseshoe in Columbus. As long as you cheer against Purdouche though please!

Also it's practically law that you make a visit to St Elmo in Indianapolis.
Old 09.07.2012, 12:45 PM
Pro

I'm going this year to the Bills game in November - went to the Panthers game last year too. Was gutted that #18 was stood on the sideline (albeit about 20 foot from me...) and had the *pleasure* of watching Curtis Painter...

The misses enjoyed it big time though and is now a fan herself.

Really loud, really enjoyable - we stayed in Chicago and drove down (3 hour drive) but this year staying in Indy itself.
Old 18.07.2012, 09:54 PM
All Pro

how long you going for mate?
Old 21.08.2012, 08:12 PM
Team Captain

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3411139&type=3