Lions to London 2014 - Page 6 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Detroit Lions

Sponsored Links

Old 15.01.2014, 04:41 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelionman View Post
NFLUK didn't give Willy much time but he was offered the chance to buy however many for Lions fans to sit together but NFL UK only told him of this on 7th of Jan and he had to say how many by 8th Jan - talk about unreasonable - think he was going to take a flyer on 20...

I been contacting all my mates both here and in US but these things take time to confirm - possibly I have a group of 12 but could not commit in Willy's time frame as less than 24hrs notice was not time to contact everyone and they have to confirm leave from work (the US ones) etc... so far out my possible 12 I had 2 assurances so with me means 3 of us 100% in.

Just wish NFL UK could maybe work with fan clubs more and give a bit more time - I think Willy should recontact NFL UK and going forward for other fan clubs should reserve a block or what ever and issue them on a sale or return basis just to the club - maybe use a credit card or something to give surety but there be a deadline to return tickets by and then rest are charged for - that way in our Case Willy would not be in any danger and could get the funds in - send out the tickets and by whatever deadline return the rest and then NFL / NFL UK would charge for the tickets not returned and no problem as that account or whatever he has put all the payments into to cover the tickets - perhaps a friendly chat with bank manager could set up an account just for ticket funds - all a bit late now but be good if NFL UK could come up with a system that is fair for all and could be offered to all teams UK fan clubs for it's fans in London games to sit together.

Hell if that system was in place there was an American Lions fan 'Mane' on here who wanted 20+ to bring over a tour party of Lions fans.

Any way guys check out this thread and contact Willy as he may still be able to contact his contact in NFL UK and ask for more tickets and plead for more time and perhaps get the tickets you guys want if you can get him the funds - see here:

https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=100958
Agreed. I e-mailed the ticket office in Atlanta and there wasn't any information to be shared other than we're on the North sideline. Plus, now its too late in the day to e-mail nfluk about 10 tickets. I've not had a reply from the NFL about this either.

Will have to do the usual when booking for more than 1/2 and call ticketmaster bright and early. Pretty much set on some blocks and avoid others.
Sponsored Links
Old 24.01.2014, 02:53 AM
Rookie

Quote:
NFLUK didn't give Willy much time but he was offered the chance to buy however many for Lions fans to sit together but NFL UK only told him of this on 7th of Jan and he had to say how many by 8th Jan - talk about unreasonable - think he was going to take a flyer on 20...

I been contacting all my mates both here and in US but these things take time to confirm - possibly I have a group of 12 but could not commit in Willy's time frame as less than 24hrs notice was not time to contact everyone and they have to confirm leave from work (the US ones) etc... so far out my possible 12 I had 2 assurances so with me means 3 of us 100% in.

Just wish NFL UK could maybe work with fan clubs more and give a bit more time - I think Willy should recontact NFL UK and going forward for other fan clubs should reserve a block or what ever and issue them on a sale or return basis just to the club - maybe use a credit card or something to give surety but there be a deadline to return tickets by and then rest are charged for - that way in our Case Willy would not be in any danger and could get the funds in - send out the tickets and by whatever deadline return the rest and then NFL / NFL UK would charge for the tickets not returned and no problem as that account or whatever he has put all the payments into to cover the tickets - perhaps a friendly chat with bank manager could set up an account just for ticket funds - all a bit late now but be good if NFL UK could come up with a system that is fair for all and could be offered to all teams UK fan clubs for it's fans in London games to sit together.

Hell if that system was in place there was an American Lions fan 'Mane' on here who wanted 20+ to bring over a tour party of Lions fans.

Any way guys check out this thread and contact Willy as he may still be able to contact his contact in NFL UK and ask for more tickets and plead for more time and perhaps get the tickets you guys want if you can get him the funds - see here:

https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=100958
I'm very pleased to announce that, after following Willy Trencher's footsteps, that I was able to secure Tickets for a Group. I was also surprised with the Offer:

Block 143, Rows 22-24.

Yes, these are on the Falcons Side of the Field -but the Alternative for the Lions Side wasn't as attractive and I don't mind being 'Behind Enemy Lines'.

So, MANY THANX! to Willy and to everyone else that has Welcomed me here, as well as ALL of the Assistance & Information that has been provided. I hope that this continues, as I need ALL of the Help that I can get with the Remaining Details -but I'm anxious to meet whoever I can and properly convey my Gratitude. This will be FUN and, aside from a SuperBowl, the 'Ultimate Road Trip'!
Old 24.01.2014, 03:38 AM
All Pro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManeLion View Post
I'm very pleased to announce that, after following Willy Trencher's footsteps, that I was able to secure Tickets for a Group. I was also surprised with the Offer:

Block 143, Rows 22-24.

Yes, these are on the Falcons Side of the Field -but the Alternative for the Lions Side wasn't as attractive and I don't mind being 'Behind Enemy Lines'.

So, MANY THANX! to Willy and to everyone else that has Welcomed me here, as well as ALL of the Assistance & Information that has been provided. I hope that this continues, as I need ALL of the Help that I can get with the Remaining Details -but I'm anxious to meet whoever I can and properly convey my Gratitude. This will be FUN and, aside from a SuperBowl, the 'Ultimate Road Trip'!
Looking forward to meeting you and your crew.
Old 26.01.2014, 01:15 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Looking forward to meeting you and your crew.
As 1 Road Tripper to another, I'm anticipating meeting you as well -especially since we learned through Correspondence that we have Common Acquaintances and can exchange Stories from our Various Expeditions. Those that will be traveling with me are Top Shelf and have contributed greatly, often on a Moment's Notice, to the Success that we've enjoyed on Prior Trips.

I'm not sure if this allowed, but I'd like to also send THANX! to Leah Holdsworth from NFLUK.Com & Nathan Li from TicketMasterUK -both of whom were very kind with arranging the Purchase. Between the Time Zone Differences and my Non-Traditional Work Schedule, this was No Easy Feat and they were very accommodating with overcoming these difficulties.

FWIW: My Latest Contact with the Lions yielded the Same Result, they still hadn't any Information to pass along.
Old 27.11.2015, 08:47 AM
Rookie

Hi to everyone, im a new member of this community. First of all, sorry for my bad english, my name is Marina and i am live in apartamentos Cullera, that's it's a village near of Valencia, Spain.

I love NFL since i was a child and my favourite team is Miami Dolphins!!!

Delighted to be part of this community