I'm now thinking:
1 Offensive Tackle
1 Center
2 Linebackers
1 Defensive Tackle/Defensive End depending on where Jackson will fit in
1 Cornerback or Safety.
Old 22.03.2016, 11:54 AM
Pro Bowler

As far as the draft goes I'm torn between Ramsey and Jack (no guarantees either will still be there when we pick!) due to need/potential?

Dave and Gus' first 2 years we had the opportunity to pick both Ziggy Ansah and/or Khalil Mack but opted for Joeckel and Bortles instead. I don't regret those picks, especially the second one but watching both the other players pan out how they have when it's still an area of need for us (and a big one at that) is tough.

Either Ramsey or Jack will make our defense better but I wonder who will have the greater impact for us? Would Ramsey look as good with our pass rush still lacking because I'd imagine he's going to be drafted as a CB if he is at all! We're not giving that much money to Gipson to be a back up so will he be given the opportunity to make plays in our system or would Jack make House, Colvin etc look better than they've had a chance to look so far by adding to our rushing corps?

It's a toughy but I think I go for Jack in this case as I believe he will have a greater immediate impact for us and I believe we need to see a big jump this year in overall defensive performance. Ramsey may be the better player overall and be a franchise FS in a couple of years but if Gus don't do well enough this year, he's gone. Either will do me though, so long as it's not Bosa. He's got bust all over him in my mind. Quote me

I think we go for Jack!!

Last edited by jags_mad; 22.03.2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 22.03.2016, 01:32 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags_mad View Post
As far as the draft goes I'm torn between Ramsey and Jack (no guarantees either will still be there when we pick!) due to need/potential?

Dave and Gus' first 2 years we had the opportunity to pick both Ziggy Ansah and/or Khalil Mack but opted for Joeckel and Bortles instead. I don't regret those picks, especially the second one but watching both the other players pan out how they have when it's still an area of need for us (and a big one at that) is tough.

Either Ramsey or Jack will make our defense better but I wonder who will have the greater impact for us? Would Ramsey look as good with our pass rush still lacking because I'd imagine he's going to be drafted as a CB if he is at all! We're not giving that much money to Gipson to be a back up so will he be given the opportunity to make plays in our system or would Jack make House, Colvin etc look better than they've had a chance to look so far by adding to our rushing corps?

It's a toughy but I think I go for Jack in this case as I believe he will have a greater immediate impact for us and I believe we need to see a big jump this year in overall defensive performance. Ramsey may be the better player overall and be a franchise FS in a couple of years but if Gus don't do well enough this year, he's gone. Either will do me though, so long as it's not Bosa. He's got bust all over him in my mind. Quote me

I think we go for Jack!!
jack replacing skuta would be the biggest immediate upgrade i can see in draft although isnt necc the best player. i think there is a legitimate shot at a decent pass rusher / DE in round 2 so this may let them go for ramsey/jack at 5
Old 22.04.2016, 03:11 PM
Rookie

Offensive lineman at number 5, I would be tempted to see what it would cost to get the 3rd pick just to ensure we got Tunsell.

Then go for a DE.
Old 25.04.2016, 07:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav___ View Post
Offensive lineman at number 5, I would be tempted to see what it would cost to get the 3rd pick just to ensure we got Tunsell.

Then go for a DE.
Well everyone expects #1 and #2 go QB which means we have one of Ramsey, Jack, Bosa or Tunsell. Any of those would probably start and it looks like Joeckelis running out of backers upstairs so taking Tunsell could be a possibility.

I think we will pick the best of those 4 available. I'd be surprised to see the #3 or #4 get traded so it depends where San Diego and Dallas go.
Old 29.04.2016, 09:29 AM
Starter

well that is a best case start, ramsey is best player in draft imho, well happy

some top tier guys sneaking into second day as well, how about a 2nd and 3rd haul of jack and spence? ooft
Old 29.04.2016, 02:07 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanJag80 View Post

some top tier guys sneaking into second day as well, how about a 2nd and 3rd haul of jack and spence? ooft
Was a stroke of luck that Ramsey fell to us. Many considered him the best in the Draft.

Here's hoping Lady Luck smiles on us again in Round 2!
Old 29.04.2016, 09:28 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanJag80 View Post

Great signing for us, it's going to be very interesting to see who we can get tonight.
Old 30.04.2016, 03:49 AM
All Pro

Ramsey and Jack! Caldwell you are a genius!

Just look at that D now

Fowler-Marks-Jackson-Odrick
Smith-Pos-Jack
Ramsey-Amukamura-Gipson-Cyprien

Wow!!!
Old 30.04.2016, 05:11 AM
All Pro

Loving the selections in the first 3 rounds. Hoping they can stay fit and if so the next few seasons are going to be exciting.

Tags
draft 2016 , jaguars , nfluk