Sack leader? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 04.06.2016, 11:23 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Too early, lets see how things shake out in Training Camp first.

They're just being extra cautious. Can't really blame them either, Rolando McClain is dealing with 'issues' as per usual, and obviously Jaylon Smith isn't returning anytime soon.

So that's the Cowboys 'top 3' LB's missing for one reason or another. Rush Lee back and get him injured and you are looking at Anthony Hitchens and Damien Wilson as starting LB's. That isn't the end of the world but having a veteran presence like Lee around makes everyone better, not to mention he's one of the best in the league when healthy.
Are you expecting someone to light up the camp?? I,ll go with Lawrence even at this early stage and missing 4 games
Sponsored Links
Old 04.06.2016, 01:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Are you expecting someone to light up the camp?? I,ll go with Lawrence even at this early stage and missing 4 games
Not really. I expect we'll hear how some of the guys with less expectations are 'making an impact' but I don't expect someone to be surprisingly dominant. Even if they are it's more than likely going to be Lawrence, then that momentum will get shelved for 4 weeks.

You'll probably hear Rodney Coe mentioned a bit. He seems to be the media's new 'pet cat', just like Ken Bishop was previously. I get the feeling he'll end up following the same path though.

Thinking about it Cedric Thornton might be the one to earn some rave reviews that actually materialize in the season opener too. They gave him a good contract but I think once people see him up close against the Cowboys O line in pads they'll push the level of expectations up a notch.
Old 06.06.2016, 11:16 AM
All Pro

We certainly need someone to step up! heard Coes name a few times, as you say, has shown"potential" Looking at the starterswould you agree Irving and Mayowa? obviously they will rotate with Russell/Tapper. Mayowa.....2 sacks in 30 career games-not great, Thornton 4 sacks in 64 games, just have to wait the 4 games out i guess till hopefully things look better!
Old 09.06.2016, 07:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We certainly need someone to step up! heard Coes name a few times, as you say, has shown"potential" Looking at the starterswould you agree Irving and Mayowa? obviously they will rotate with Russell/Tapper. Mayowa.....2 sacks in 30 career games-not great, Thornton 4 sacks in 64 games, just have to wait the 4 games out i guess till hopefully things look better!
I really hope Mayowa lives up to the hopeful expectations that others seem to have of him. Although Gregory has some athletic gifts it's not as if we're getting Demarcus Ware back, he had 11.5 sacks in his 2nd season as a Cowboy. Gregory hasn't managed a single sack yet.

Irving seems to be cast as a guy who can play both interior positions and LDE (which might be expecting a little too much). Russell probably fits as a LDE and 3 tech. Tapper I'd have said was a run stopping LDE too, but then he showed he had speed at the combine so maybe he offers something to help out Mayowa at RDE.

Not matter which way we paint it someone is going to have to have a breakout season. We're talking about mid round draft picks and undrafted free agents basically.
Old 10.09.2016, 07:11 PM
All Pro

If things stay as they are, we have to draft a rusher next season? unless Gregory finds his way
Old 10.09.2016, 08:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If things stay as they are, we have to draft a rusher next season? unless Gregory finds his way
We could have no CB's either. Mo and Carr have 1 year left on their contracts.

Hopefully Lawrence comes back strong and gets to the QB on a regular basis this season, but even then he's another failed drug test away from an even longer suspension just like McClain and Gregory are facing now.

Benson Mayowa's season will be interesting to watch.
Old 30.07.2017, 12:06 PM
All Pro

The new season dawns, hoping we can build on last season as far as sacks and pressure is concerned.D Law is in contract year and will be all out to get paid-also has competition.I like the way the rotation is beginning to bear fruit, especially if Tapper comes thru and Charlton has a good rookie yr
Old 30.07.2017, 01:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The new season dawns, hoping we can build on last season as far as sacks and pressure is concerned.D Law is in contract year and will be all out to get paid-also has competition.I like the way the rotation is beginning to bear fruit, especially if Tapper comes thru and Charlton has a good rookie yr
The theme of Cowboys pre season in recent years?.........Uncertainty. Yet again it's a case of wait and see. Lawrence? Who knows. When he starts to build momentum he gets injured and/or suspended. Irving is missing. Tapper? We hear good things but haven't seen him yet. Charlton is a rookie, the 28th pick in the draft, to expect dominance from him is asking too much. Maliek Collins is earning praise, lets hope that bares fruit. Stephen Paea COULD be a steal, Marinelli likes him it seems, but he was a free agent at the end of the day. Cedric Thornton needs to earn his money.....as does Tyrone Crawford. Damontre Moore looked like another 'steal', now he's missing for 2 games.

I'll believe it when I see it from the D line rotation (and the D as a whole really). It might be a year too early for this D to click, but seeing signs it's on the horizon would be great.
Old 26.09.2017, 06:56 PM
All Pro

DLaw burnin up the house! amazing what he can do when his contract is due
Old 26.09.2017, 08:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
DLaw burnin up the house! amazing what he can do when his contract is due
Yeah. Will give him the benefit of the doubt and just say it took him 3 seasons to mature mentally and physically. (or he could have started the season with a few favourable match ups?).

Maybe it helps having Maliek Collins disrupting things inside? or maybe the rotation is deeper (more talented) now? or maybe he's a superstar in the making? Maybe it's all of the above? Time will tell..............