2018 Draft - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 28.12.2017, 12:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Personally i would take Billy Price regardless! Guy will be a star in the NFL-him next to (hopefully) a fit Smith-yes
Haven't seen much of Price (or anyone at this stage). saw a bit of him against Maurice Hurst and he looked solid. Actually soured a little on Hurst, thought he'd be a little better. Hoping to see more from him next time round.
Sponsored Links
Old 28.12.2017, 10:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Just perusing through some of these 'under sized' DT prospects and i'm intrigued by Taven Bryan out of Florida. Not too much tape on him unless you get creative but he seems to have some burst off the snap that was missing with some of the other guys. I haven't seen any Aaron Donald-like explosion from anyone yet (doubt I will) or even Dominic Easley-like, but Bryan has certainly got something to follow up on.

Harrison Phillips (Stanford) looks like a hard working guy. Perhaps more of a run defender than pass rusher but he has a nice habit of keeping his feet churning after contact. Certainly occupies blockers. Has he got that 'spark' to play as a 3 technique? On first viewing i'd say no, well not to a game changing level, but he's another to take a closer look at.

Took a brief look at Christian Wilkins, haven't seen what the hype is about yet. Lowell Lotuleilei too, but no thanks. A bit harsh on one viewing perhaps but Lowell seemed 'average'.
Old 21.01.2018, 09:39 AM
All Pro

Interesting you mention Maurice Hurst, thats Jeremiahs first pick for the Cowboys!
Old 22.01.2018, 09:09 PM
Hall of Fame

There has been a lot of talk about the Cowboys needing to add a LB early in this draft, especially if Anthony Hitchens moves on (which looks likely). Roquan Smith is a name we hear a lot about.

The thing is though..........why? For better or worse the Cowboys have hitched (no pun intended) their LB wagon to Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith for the short term. They have their injury issues, but you are betting on them being healthy and out on the field. So much time is spent in the Nickel these days that you're only going to have 2 LB's on the field anyway. You can talk about depth if injuries occur but your top priority is to assemble the best starters on both sides of the ball to begin with. No point spending a premium pick on a guy who doesn't see the field often. You could say that's a very short term view, Sean Lee is no spring chicken, but they need to surround Sean Lee with better pieces not plan to replace him.

So, and with the type of teams who have made it deep into the play-offs in mind, I really think the Cowboys need to be drafting* a Defensive lineman or a Safety with that 1st round pick.

*Unless they move on from Dez and Calvin Ridley is there, in which case........
Old 23.01.2018, 10:20 PM
All Pro

Kinda get the feeling you are never going to be happy with the D line? when you say a Lineman would that be a DT or end?
Old 24.01.2018, 12:04 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Kinda get the feeling you are never going to be happy with the D line? when you say a Lineman would that be a DT or end?
I'd prefer a DT, but if the DE is the better player then take him. If they are similar in terms of talent, take the DT.

Maliek Collins has had repeated foot issues since he was drafted, and been up and down as a result. Tyrone Crawford seems to be played as a big DE these days. Irving is moved around too. We don't have that guy on the inside that teams have to double team. Imagine if they could line someone up next to D Law who required a double team? You can't double team D Law AND the 3 technique. Either that or get me some 320lb guy people can't move. More likely that Marinelli would want a guy who can get up the field though so a big space eater probably won't be the pick.

Look at the defences in this league that scare people. They all start up front. If the QB has all day in the pocket then even Deion Sanders will get beat in coverage eventually.
Old 27.01.2018, 10:32 PM
All Pro

Will be interesting where the Boys go with that round 1 pick, seems a poorish yr for TE, DT? i dont think we will tinker much with it, (like Daron Payne) Vea will no doubt be gone by 19th pick, LB? havnt seen any yet, but with Lee having injury worries and Smith being on a big year or not, theres a prob there. IF Ridley is still out there (doubt it) that may be the pick
Old 27.01.2018, 10:37 PM
All Pro

I know where i might go first pick, like i said-Billy Price, with Cooper on a 1 yr contract, and not overly impressing, Price would be a steal, Nelson will no doubt be gone by then but i havnt seen much that sets him a million miles apart from Price tbh
Old 27.01.2018, 10:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Will be interesting where the Boys go with that round 1 pick, seems a poorish yr for TE, DT? i dont think we will tinker much with it, (like Daron Payne) Vea will no doubt be gone by 19th pick, LB? havnt seen any yet, but with Lee having injury worries and Smith being on a big year or not, theres a prob there. IF Ridley is still out there (doubt it) that may be the pick
Au contraire! This is a good year to find a TE and DT.

They'll draft a day 3 LB to replace Hitchens unless Roquan Smith somehow lands in their lap at 19 and they have no other options.
Old 28.01.2018, 10:34 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I'd prefer a DT, but if the DE is the better player then take him. If they are similar in terms of talent, take the DT.

Maliek Collins has had repeated foot issues since he was drafted, and been up and down as a result. Tyrone Crawford seems to be played as a big DE these days. Irving is moved around too. We don't have that guy on the inside that teams have to double team. Imagine if they could line someone up next to D Law who required a double team? You can't double team D Law AND the 3 technique. Either that or get me some 320lb guy people can't move. More likely that Marinelli would want a guy who can get up the field though so a big space eater probably won't be the pick.

Look at the defences in this league that scare people. They all start up front. If the QB has all day in the pocket then even Deion Sanders will get beat in coverage eventually.
You can double team D Law and a 3 tech with a TE but that leaves the 1 tech or 2i one on one with a guard?