........Dallas Cowboys thread - Page 195 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 18.09.2017, 07:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott1971 View Post
Well that was ugly, dominated on both sides of the ball. The offense never really got going with Zeke totally shut down and even Dak throwing a couple of interceptions. More worryingly that Defense got shredded both on the ground and thru the air. Players suspended and now injured is a big concern, thankfully we only have Rodgers to face in the next few weeks who is a top tier QB. The Rams, Cards & Niners are struggling on Offense so hopefully Dak & co can get back on track in the coming weeks and the D can get by.
Just bad, flat out bad.

The offense showed, even with all it's pieces out there, it isn't the juggernaut we thought it was. It can be, but when the run game fails, the play action isn't there, and Dak can't carry them against a secondary like the Broncos.

The defense. The defense. I'm not convinced by the run defense. Despite what the stats said in seasons past it wasn't a true reflection of what they were. I don't know if it's the scheme, the personnel, or both. I'd be tempted to say it's the scheme.

We'll see what the reaction is next week............
Sponsored Links
Old 21.09.2017, 07:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Just bad, flat out bad.

The offense showed, even with all it's pieces out there, it isn't the juggernaut we thought it was. It can be, but when the run game fails, the play action isn't there, and Dak can't carry them against a secondary like the Broncos.

The defense. The defense. I'm not convinced by the run defense. Despite what the stats said in seasons past it wasn't a true reflection of what they were. I don't know if it's the scheme, the personnel, or both. I'd be tempted to say it's the scheme.

We'll see what the reaction is next week............
Yeah what happened to the run D? Smith,Lee we should stop the shred, big worry when zeke is out-play action aint gonna work,
Old 13.10.2017, 11:17 AM
Starter

So Elliott's suspension has been reinstated, I would take the suspension now as I cant see us making the Playoffs this year. If we somehow are still in the playoff hunt when the suspension ends, we have a pissed off Elliott for the last 5 games.
Old 13.10.2017, 03:53 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott1971 View Post
So Elliott's suspension has been reinstated, I would take the suspension now as I cant see us making the Playoffs this year. If we somehow are still in the playoff hunt when the suspension ends, we have a pissed off Elliott for the last 5 games.
Not sure if they'll have a choice in terms of accepting it or not. For me, just take the suspension and move on.

This schedule was always going to be tough, they've delayed it (the suspension) 5 games and we're sat at 2-3. This is a young team, it's not like it's win or bust this season.
Old 31.10.2017, 11:01 AM
Hall of Fame

.....aaaaand Zeke's suspended AGAIN (well, he has 24 hours to appeal but....).

Just in time for a lovely run of games too.
Old 08.11.2017, 10:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Everything feels pretty upbeat at the moment. The offence is finding it's groove, the pass rush is getting to the QB, Sean Lee is back and bottling up the run like the All Pro that he is, if it wasn't for the uncertainty surrounding Zeke i'd feel comfortable in believing we're play-off bound at the half way point of the season.

Have to hope Zeke (& his lawyers) can delay this suspension for a few more weeks. If he gets suspended ahead of the Falcons and Eagles games it's going to deal a pretty big blow to morale at the worst possible time (a little wary of that Chargers game too tbh). If the offence stalls without Zeke picking up those 3 and 4 yard gains, then the Defence will be on the field more often and that dynamic pass rush might fade a little.

Against the Falcons Morris (and the O line) might be able to get it done, but the Eagles might be a different proposition. Then there is the Tyron Smith worry..........

A big fortnight ahead. 5-5? 6-4? or 7-3?
Old 09.11.2017, 06:03 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Against the Falcons Morris (and the O line) might be able to get it done, but the Eagles might be a different proposition. Then there is the Tyron Smith worry..........

A big fortnight ahead. 5-5? 6-4? or 7-3?
The Falcons haven't been able to stop anyone in the run game recently, minus a monsoon (@ Jets). But hey I heard there's a leak in the roof at the Benz Stadium, so here's hoping
Old 10.11.2017, 07:22 PM
All Pro

Leaky roof in a multi million dollar brand new stadium? ha some builder is sacked!
Old 10.11.2017, 09:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ked Dad View Post
The Falcons haven't been able to stop anyone in the run game recently, minus a monsoon (@ Jets). But hey I heard there's a leak in the roof at the Benz Stadium, so here's hoping
Signing Dontari Poe didn't solve much then? Does your D just get pushed around, it is built for speed after all? It's not like you don't have talent.
Old 15.11.2017, 08:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Sean Lee looks likely to miss 'some time' apparently. Brilliant. Hitchens has played well, but the rest of the LB corps seem to have taken a few steps back of late. Can't see Hitchens holding down the fort on his own, and that doesn't bode well with Ajayi & Co. coming to town.

Such a shame Lee's fallen foul of these hamstring issues recently. The Cowboys are in 'must win' mode, so it's not like they can be cautious with him either, he's too important. That perhaps led to his latest setback. If he was healthy he's Luke Keuchly good imo.

Who knows what they'll do at LT too if Tyron is out again. It wouldn't suprise me to see the coaching staff stick with Chaz Green tbh. A scary thought. If he plays ok the coaching staff will feel justified. Have to hope he wants to prove himself worthy of redemption. If he fails badly again then I can see him getting cut.