PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 1849 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 11.11.2010, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper85 View Post
Same here. Seriously what is the point of Al Harris on our roster? I'd have preferred picking up some young corner off a practice squad or the street if they have (probably justifiably) decided Jason Allen's time is up. Why was Will Allen IRed as well? Surely we could have PUPed him and had the option of bringing him back in this situation if we needed vet CB help?
Yeah I don't get it either mate. Absolutely nothing against Harris, who has been an excellent player over the years... but he is almost 36 years old, is coming off a major injury and hasn't played for a year... and also plays one of the fastest positions on the field. ...And he'll be here until the end of the season at the most I expect.

Meanwhile, Jason Allen is good enough to start two weeks ago... and now he's not good enough to be on the roster. I was amazed that Allen lasted this long with the Dolphins TBH, but to fair to the guy, he was having his best season yet, and was finally showing some promise. He was also a good ST contributor on a team that is in desperate need of quality play on ST. Al Harris is certainly not going to be much help on ST.

Like yourself, I might understand the move if they had signed a promising young player off someones practice squad or something... but I don't get the point of this move at all.
Old 12.11.2010, 12:40 PM
All Pro

Okay we have reached the "easier" part of the schedule. I reckon we need to go 6-2 to make the playoffs and as somone else has already said no matter who is the QB thats when we will grind to a halt.
The next question is if Penne proves not to be the second coming Sparano hopes for and we don't look like making the playoffs do we go back with Henne or look at Thigpen who was not at all bad at KC and would certainly offer something different.
Old 12.11.2010, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Okay we have reached the "easier" part of the schedule. I reckon we need to go 6-2 to make the playoffs and as somone else has already said no matter who is the QB thats when we will grind to a halt.
The next question is if Penne proves not to be the second coming Sparano hopes for and we don't look like making the playoffs do we go back with Henne or look at Thigpen who was not at all bad at KC and would certainly offer something different.
Yeah we absolutely have to go at least 6-2 the rest of the way to make the playoffs.... which will be tricky, but I do think is achievable agaist the schedule we have left... probably even more so now Pennington is at QB (even if I don't agree with the decision overall).

One slight problem we have is the losses against PIT, BAL, NE and NYJ could cost the Dolphins critical tie-breakers down the line.

I think if the Dolphins get to a point before the season is over where they are out of playoff contention, they have to get Henne back in starting, regardless of how well Pennington is playing. We need to get a better idea if Henne is going to be the man in the future.
Old 12.11.2010, 06:16 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper85 View Post
Good luck Mart, hope it works out. I reckon you'll be fine on t'internet over there for Fins games
Cheers Chris, I hope the Gb allowance isn't too capped so I can watch plenty of games.
Old 12.11.2010, 06:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Wow, single male, likes foreign ladies, residing in Accy gets job which means he has to overwinter in Portugal. Don't tell me they supply accomodation and pay you as well!
Good Luck
Cheers.

They do pay for all accomodation and flights, haha, and a bit of spending money to treat the women to a night out.
Old 12.11.2010, 06:22 PM
MVP

I do agree with the not quite sure what we can achieve anyway this season, thats why I was quite happy for Henne to make progress and play out the year.

The coaches are under pressure to win and I guess they must be worried for their jobs regardless of building a team for the future.

Hennes progress is obviously going to slow down a bit, the gains we see will be slight but steady which IMO is what we have seen from him. You aren't going to make great strides once you've already made some decent gains already.

Put it this way I've never watched Henne and been embarassed by his play or thought he plain sucks like I did when Cleo Lemon, John Beck or Joey Harrington was under centre more recently.
Old 12.11.2010, 07:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Duper View Post
Put it this way I've never watched Henne and been embarassed by his play or thought he plain sucks like I did when Cleo Lemon, John Beck or Joey Harrington was under centre more recently.
But Henne has had a good protective line and pretty good WRs in Bess & Marshall, something the others didn't necessarily always have.

With LJ Shelton in pass protection all 3 were running for their lives every other down.......!!

But I know what you mean. There's an assurance (despite his inconsistency) with Henne that was never there with some of the lame ducks we have had at QB.

Saying that I still think Tyler Thigpen has more raw talent but I will keep quiet on that one.
Old 12.11.2010, 07:04 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsio777 View Post
But Henne has had a good protective line and pretty good WRs in Bess & Marshall, something the others didn't necessarily always have.

With LJ Shelton in pass protection all 3 were running for their lives every other down.......!!

But I know what you mean. There's an assurance (despite his inconsistency) with Henne that was never there with some of the lame ducks we have had at QB.

Saying that I still think Tyler Thigpen has more raw talent but I will keep quiet on that one.
No you wont. . lets get the Thigpen debate going.

He looked good and we picked him up and done what with him?

He certainly should be worth a look. . don't you think?
Old 12.11.2010, 07:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
No you wont. . lets get the Thigpen debate going.

He looked good and we picked him up and done what with him?

He certainly should be worth a look. . don't you think?
I like him, reminds me alot of Rosenfels who we should never have given up on.

Strong arm, mobile, the problem is he's very raw. but showed at KC he can win games although the game last year against the Steelers encapsulated all of what Thigpen is all about.
Iron out some of his deficiences and Miami might have a decent QB in their midst
Old 12.11.2010, 07:09 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsio777 View Post

Fair points, don't get me wrong either, I do like Thigpen as well but that battle for me is next seasons training camp.

Yeah we had some bad o-lines and very weak team before this, even Trent Green looked rubbish at times.

I think the main problem is the play calling, we've all clamoured for the deep ball and threat and wanting Bess/Marshall the ball all the time but it wasn't the true makeup of this run first team and so we have got away from our strength too much.