PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 1948 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 02.05.2011, 12:36 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mring14 View Post
Another possible free-agent... Reggie Bush? With the Saints picking up Ingram no way he's sticking around in my opinion. If I'm correct he's due to make something like 11 mil next year, something which, with a probable cap, the saints wil not want on their Roster... Doubt any team is willing to trade for that either but could definitely be worth signing up. Since we went with Thomas in the draft, he would be a good change of pace back and great hands out of the backfield, something which Henne will need and we all know he can do something on punt return
Interesting situation with Bush. After the drafting of Ingram he tweeted "It's been fun, New Orleans" however since then I've heard Sean Payton say that he still has a clear role in mind for Bush and that he wouldn't be going anywhere.

I do agree that he could be a nice pickup should he become available though. I hear Thomas is more of a between the tackles kinda guy, so adding Bush as a compliment could work pretty well.
Old 02.05.2011, 01:30 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandwr View Post
Interesting situation with Bush. After the drafting of Ingram he tweeted "It's been fun, New Orleans" however since then I've heard Sean Payton say that he still has a clear role in mind for Bush and that he wouldn't be going anywhere.

I do agree that he could be a nice pickup should he become available though. I hear Thomas is more of a between the tackles kinda guy, so adding Bush as a compliment could work pretty well.
Bush, though he wouldnt come cheap, would be a nice playmaking addition to the aqua and white offense. Besides his offensive role he would also be able to contribute in the return game. Cant see the Saints letting him go.
Old 02.05.2011, 01:46 AM
MVP

Quote:
You guys reckon we'll target a veteran QB when free agency comes around? There isn't a whole lot to choose from but I really hope we pick up an experienced head because I really don't fancy going into the season with Henne, Thigpen and Brandstater/an UDFA. Real lack of experience there.
Firstly Id stay well clear of VY. Talented player but not a leader and obviously is not a great character. Secondly I wouldnt make any kind of deal for Kevin Kolb. Sure he could be a decent pickup but the price would be far too high for a player that only has 7 starts. Vastly unproven for his price tag.

As for the rest of the free agent market (Bulger, McNabb, Hasselbeck etc) we will find it hard to find a long term starter. Id go for McNabb over the rest of them.

The trade options could be slighty better for Miami. Carson Palmer hasnt recovered his previous form and wants out of Cincy. Denver dont seem convinced about Kyle Orton. Both players could, or at least should, be available for a second round pick. Not exactly a QBs who's who but the Phins could get a decent short to mid term future with one of these guys.
Old 02.05.2011, 09:43 AM
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, I think we'll definitely add a vet.

Trade is our best option to get quality, though as gcstrekker said, I wouldn't mind seeing Bulger or Hasselbeck in the aqua and white next year (best bet is probably Bulger as I expect Hasselbeck to re-sign with Seattle).
Bulger is Trent Green waiting to happen again.

Oh and while we're at it, Kolb is AJ Feeley waiting to happen again...

If we are going to do a trade (which I am strongly against) then it would have to be Palmer for me. Otherwise give VY a chance in a QB comp with Henne, I share the doubts about him, but think there could be a lot of upside if he sorts himself out.
Old 02.05.2011, 09:49 AM
Starter

Quote:
That says it all for me, Bush won't want to stick around and I can see him demanding a trade. Of course Payton is going to say that he wants him in NO. That way he's not seen to be isolating players or forcing them out the door, and when he does end up leaving Sean comes out looking the 'good' guy because he had a "plan" for him which now falls through.
Old 02.05.2011, 09:53 AM
All Pro

If we wste a 2nd on McNabb or Palmer I will probably not go to Miami this year as I am planning. Mental.
Old 02.05.2011, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanod View Post
If we wste a 2nd on McNabb or Palmer I will probably not go to Miami this year as I am planning. Mental.
A 2nd on McNabb would certainly be a waste. And although personally I'd be happy to see Palmer join the Fins, I must admit, I wouldn't be keen on giving up a 2nd.

If they're gonna trade, they obviously have to ensure they get good value. I'm not sure a 2nd for either of them is good value.

I'm not keen on the prospect of signing VY at all... but at the end of the day, at least he probably won't cost any draft picks.
Old 02.05.2011, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper85 View Post
Oh and while we're at it, Kolb is AJ Feeley waiting to happen again...
Yeah that's my thinking on Kolb. It's being suggested it would cost a minimum of a 1st round pick to get him.... and probably more. That would be absolutely crazy, for a player who is very unproven. You've got to be sure what your getting when your spending high end draft picks in trades.
Old 02.05.2011, 11:41 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
A 2nd on McNabb would certainly be a waste. And although personally I'd be happy to see Palmer join the Fins, I must admit, I wouldn't be keen on giving up a 2nd.

If they're gonna trade, they obviously have to ensure they get good value. I'm not sure a 2nd for either of them is good value.

I'm not keen on the prospect of signing VY at all... but at the end of the day, at least he probably won't cost any draft picks.
with all the options available, i think VY would be the best one(and a friend of mine in america is convinced he's coming). The fact VY wont cost any draft picks,as you say, is obviously a real bonus too. If VY isnt signed,i'd go for orton (for a 2nd max) but leave the others alone unless they are available for a 3rd/4th.i certainly wouldnt touch palmer or hass for anything above a 3rd. Mcnabb would be a good short term solution but again only at the right price. With the additions of pouncey and thomas in the draft though, its clear we're going all out run attack again which will ease the pressure on henne somewhat,so maybe this his his breakout year?...............i'm sure i've heard that somewhere before....... the other option is they're going all out for andrew luck next term......
Old 02.05.2011, 11:59 AM
All Pro

You've also got to account for Dalton in Cincy, any trade value for Palmer is rapidly detoriorating with that pick and the obvious unhappiness with the situation, reports that Lewis thinks Palmer is done, he could easily end up as a FA come closer to the season, so giving up any pick would be stupid.

Orton is not worth a 2nd, McNabb isn't worth a 2nd, even Kolb is not worth a 2nd nevermind a 1st!