PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 848 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 18.09.2008, 07:48 PM
All Pro

Default Re:PHINS FANS OPINIONS!

[quote author=Crowder#52 link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=8265#msg956768 date=1221761312]

Cant really disagree with ya, and Im really beginning to think that I need a name change. Miami need playmakers and leaders on the field. With a top 5 draft pick next year, Miami could go for Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree (if he declares) or either a LB, with USCs Rey Maualuga and Buckeye James Laurinatis being possible options. As for CBs, Malcolm Jenkins is an option.

As for free agent options, on the WR front Roy Williams, Lee Evans and Housh are the big names. Williams maybe the only one available as the others will either be re-signed or tagged. Anquan Boldin also wants out of Arizona and a good deal could see him being snagged.

Another free agent that would be more than welcome in Miami is Raiders CB Nmadi Asomugha. Obviously a few of these moves would be longshots but Miami does have some cap room.

Imagine the possibilites .....
* Asomugha and Will Allen as the starting cornerbacks. Not so weak anymore.
* A trade for Boldin and Roy Williams as a free agent. A Boldin and Williams starting recieving tandem with Ginn as number 3.
* A new look LB group to include Rey Maulauluga
[/quote]

Crabtree is high on alot of pre drafts already. I know we can do with him but will this new regime take a WR so high?
You are right Crowder we do have exceptional cap room and if we offload Porter then we must be top 5 NFL teams for cap space next off-season. We have to start using it and wisely. Like you said we need playmakers beit WR, LB and CB. We are ok for both lines and QB looks solid if not great. Just a shame the glaring weakness on the team cant be covered up. The lack of WR's and Defensive backs will lose us alot of games this season but i was half expecting it. Still say we will get between 4-6 wins but they wont come easy.
Old 18.09.2008, 07:59 PM
GOAT

[quote author=FanMarino link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=8265#msg956828 date=1221767297]
[quote author=Crowder#52 link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=8265#msg956768 date=1221761312]

Cant really disagree with ya, and Im really beginning to think that I need a name change. Miami need playmakers and leaders on the field. With a top 5 draft pick next year, Miami could go for Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree (if he declares) or either a LB, with USCs Rey Maualuga and Buckeye James Laurinatis being possible options. As for CBs, Malcolm Jenkins is an option.

As for free agent options, on the WR front Roy Williams, Lee Evans and Housh are the big names. Williams maybe the only one available as the others will either be re-signed or tagged. Anquan Boldin also wants out of Arizona and a good deal could see him being snagged.

Another free agent that would be more than welcome in Miami is Raiders CB Nmadi Asomugha. Obviously a few of these moves would be longshots but Miami does have some cap room.

* A trade for Boldin and Roy Williams as a free agent. A Boldin and Williams starting recieving tandem with Ginn as number 3.
[/quote]

Crabtree is high on alot of pre drafts already. I know we can do with him but will this new regime take a WR so high?
You are right Crowder we do have exceptional cap room and if we offload Porter then we must be top 5 NFL teams for cap space next off-season. We have to start using it and wisely. Like you said we need playmakers beit WR, LB and CB. We are ok for both lines and QB looks solid if not great. Just a shame the glaring weakness on the team cant be covered up. The lack of WR's and Defensive backs will lose us alot of games this season but i was half expecting it. Still say we will get between 4-6 wins but they wont come easy.
[/quote]

I was trying to keep the faith off season and was heartened that most losses last year were to our team being banged up and were within 3 points to +.500 teams (in the main).
I was also heartened by the new regime and the promise of a re energised healthy squad who could perform well. .what a let down so far. . I will be happy if we get 3-4 wins at this rate. . .

I know we have issues but really Arizona really looked at game film from Jets week 1 and tore us a new one. . expect more humiliation at the hands of the Patriots this Sunday and another 0-3 start by somewhere in the region of 21 points. ..
Old 18.09.2008, 08:25 PM
All Pro

[quote author=syborg link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=8265#msg956839 date=1221767954]

I was trying to keep the faith off season and was heartened that most losses last year were to our team being banged up and were within 3 points to +.500 teams (in the main).
I was also heartened by the new regime and the promise of a re energised healthy squad who could perform well. .what a let down so far. . I will be happy if we get 3-4 wins at this rate. . .

I know we have issues but really Arizona really looked at game film from Jets week 1 and tore us a new one. . expect more humiliation at the hands of the Patriots this Sunday and another 0-3 start by somewhere in the region of 21 points. ..
[/quote]

Not looking good is it. Anyone missing Chris Chambers right now??? :'( Everyone said he was hit and miss as No1 WR but IMO right now we havnt even got a No1,2 or 3 who can be considered decent. Shame we cant play the Chiefs and Rams at the moment. I'll be happy to get 4 wins Syborg. 4 wins!!! How bad does that sound! Ive been a Phin fan since 1985 and this period in the team rates as the worst for me. Its unreal.
Old 18.09.2008, 08:29 PM
GOAT

[quote author=FanMarino link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=8265#msg956852 date=1221769511]
[quote author=syborg link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=8265#msg956839 date=1221767954]

[/quote]

Not looking good is it. Anyone missing Chris Chambers right now??? :'( Everyone said he was hit and miss as No1 WR but IMO right now we havnt even got a No1,2 or 3 who can be considered decent. Shame we cant play the Chiefs and Rams at the moment. I'll be happy to get 4 wins Syborg. 4 wins!!! How bad does that sound! Ive been a Phin fan since 1985 and this period in the team rates as the worst for me. Its unreal.
[/quote]

No FanMarino. . it is not looking good. . I have been a fan since 1982 and our loss to the Washington Redskins in SB XVII so I too have seen a number of glory years (although no SB win) and I cant believe how awful we have become either. . 4 wins. . .lol. . yeah I know just 4 wins but yes would feel nice right now. .

still .. . there is always next year. . or maybe the year after that. . .?
Old 18.09.2008, 08:32 PM
All Pro

[quote author=syborg link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=8265#msg956856 date=1221769775]
[quote author=FanMarino link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=8265#msg956852 date=1221769511]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No FanMarino. . it is not looking good. . I have been a fan since 1982 and our loss to the Washington Redskins in SB XVII so I too have seen a number of glory years (although no SB win) and I cant believe how awful we have become either. . 4 wins. . .lol. . yeah I know just 4 wins but yes would feel nice right now. .

still .. . there is always next year. . or maybe the year after that. . .?
[/quote]

Thats what i keep saying to myself. Sooner or later its got to turn around. SURELY????? Right now im excited with next pre-season and the Draft and Free Agents and ive never said that after 2 games into the season lol. Sad but true.
Old 18.09.2008, 09:14 PM
Pro Bowler

[quote author=FanMarino link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=8265#msg955329 date=1221592542]

[/quote]
.[/quote]

Cant see this FO taking Crabtree at number1 (more than likely) think we have learned our lesson about drafting recievers in the first round. I dont see us going after Vontae Davis or Jenkings either after we did'nt draft a CB last year (but yet drafted two RB's :). I'm thinking Maualuga, Selvie (OLB/DE) or Laurinatis would be more Parcells picks.

Also dont rule out Michael Oher if Vernon Carey is not re-signed and if the O-Line does'nt improve
Old 19.09.2008, 03:03 PM
All Pro

Jeez - it's a bit early to be talking about the draft isn't it??? ;D
Old 19.09.2008, 03:25 PM
Pro

Not really, it's the only thing we've got to look forward too!

I was thinking about 4-12 to 7-9 and I still think so, we'll scrape a win here and there hopefully - never thought I'd ever be saying that being a fan since 1984.

One thing you could count on was we were always a competitve team with a shot at the playoffs at least, PLAYOFFS? (in a Jim Mora like tone)

I've forgotten the meaning of the word.
Old 19.09.2008, 06:11 PM
MVP

[quote author=oneilld25 link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=8280#msg957218 date=1221836627]
Jeez - it's a bit early to be talking about the draft isn't it??? ;D
[/quote]

Unfortunatly yes. Its something to look forward to after another season which looks like its going to be long and depressing for us phin fans. But with the Parcells formula in place, in season four or five of the reign, we will look forward to regular playoff action. Its going to take another 2 good offseasons to begin to see the fruits of the current labour. Hang in there guys !!
Old 19.09.2008, 06:13 PM
All Pro

Im hearing Jason Allen is being thrown back to the Cornerback position...unbelievable!!