The rebuilding process during the off-season - Page 10 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Old 04.01.2014, 06:10 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy #21 View Post
As we're talking about rebuilding I came across this article on bleacher report and the guy who did it is a Falcons fans and regularly posts on the atlantafalcons.com message boards:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...season/page/27

Don't know if I agree with all of it - particularly a couple of the mid to later round draft picks but I think he's got some good ideas.
When he compiles a realistic plan without putting Graham in there i'll take notice. He has some good ideas and watches a lot of the college stuff.
Old 04.01.2014, 07:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy #21 View Post
As we're talking about rebuilding I came across this article on bleacher report and the guy who did it is a Falcons fans and regularly posts on the atlantafalcons.com message boards:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...season/page/27

Don't know if I agree with all of it - particularly a couple of the mid to later round draft picks but I think he's got some good ideas.
Yeah I follow him on twitter. He talks a lot of sense. He is big on Khalil Mack and Anthony Barr as well as Clowney.
Old 04.01.2014, 07:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGall13 View Post
Yeah I follow him on twitter. He talks a lot of sense. He is big on Khalil Mack and Anthony Barr as well as Clowney.
Just followed him myself.
Old 04.01.2014, 11:47 PM
MVP

I'm not a big Barr fan, I understand you are drafting him for his potential, but he's never really stood out to me when I've watched UCLA.

I'm also not sure if he's great value at #6, I agree with a MLB but not sure on an OLB that high. Last one I can think of was Aaron Curry who rose up during the offseason(I remember there was talk of us taking him in the mid teens and he rose to #4).

In an ideal world (on the assumption Clowney and MAtthews are gone) I would trade back to the 9-12 range and take Cyrus Kou, but OTs get drafted high so it would be some what of a gamble.
Old 05.01.2014, 05:12 PM
Pro Bowler

Pleased that we've been chosen to coach the senior bowl.

North team should include Mack, Hageman, Donald? Billy Turner and Zack Martin.

I wonder if there will be a trade market for teams looking to trade up 5-10 spots for Watkins. I'm thinking Bills, Jets, Lions.
Old 05.01.2014, 09:03 PM
All Pro

If Clowney and Matthews are gone I'd be tempted to trade down too. To me Barr looks too much like a 3-4 OLB so not sure how versatile he is. Khalil Mack is a different proposition to me as he could be used like Denver uses Von Miller.

I think teams could try and jump up for Sammy Watkins. Hopefully they'd jump above us for that meaning increased chances of taking Clowney or Matthews.
Old 06.01.2014, 04:14 PM
MVP

I don't think people will jump to #16 for Watkins, it still won't be cheap and with people like Lee, Evans, Matthews potentially Benjamin the WR market is deep for 1st round talents.

Blank has today admitted that they have missed on the O and Dline....nice to have a straight up admission, makes you think they will be addressed heavily
Old 06.01.2014, 04:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_91 View Post
I don't think people will jump to #16 for Watkins, it still won't be cheap and with people like Lee, Evans, Matthews potentially Benjamin the WR market is deep for 1st round talents.

Blank has today admitted that they have missed on the O and Dline....nice to have a straight up admission, makes you think they will be addressed heavily
Listened to his full press conference. Liked what I heard. Our team lacks toughness. Good to see that positives might come out of this season. Coaches and Front Office have realised you need a top O-Line and D-Line otherwise you get walked all over. Our D-Line has been poor for years now.

He fully believes in Dimitroff and Smith and sounds like they will be here for years to come as long as seasons like this year don't happen again.
Old 06.01.2014, 07:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGall13 View Post
Listened to his full press conference. Liked what I heard. Our team lacks toughness. Good to see that positives might come out of this season. Coaches and Front Office have realised you need a top O-Line and D-Line otherwise you get walked all over. Our D-Line has been poor for years now.

He fully believes in Dimitroff and Smith and sounds like they will be here for years to come as long as seasons like this year don't happen again.
If Dimitriff and Smith have learnt the lessons and do fix the lines then i won't have an issue with them being there, just as long as we don't have another season like this.
Old 09.01.2014, 10:08 PM
Starter

Any chance Barr could play Biermann's role? Hybrid DE/LB