Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Rams

Old 30.12.2013, 07:32 PM
MVP

Default 2014 Rams starting lineup?

My best prediction:

QB: Bradford
RB: Stacy
FB: Harkey
WR: Austin, Bailey, Givens (maybe Quick, Pettis possibly )
TE: Cook
LT: Draft pick / Long when he's healthy
LG: Saffold
C: Barnes
RG: Draft pick
RT: Barksdale

DE: Long, Quinn
DT: Langford, Brockers
OLB: Ogletree, Dunbar
MLB: Laurinaitis
CB: Johnson, Jenkins, draft pick
S: McDonald, draft pick
Old 01.01.2014, 09:34 PM
Rookie

Pretty much what I'm expecting, except with the possible addition of a starting WR
Old 01.01.2014, 10:07 PM
Starter

Agreed with most. Jake Matthews will be drafted to play Left Tackle (unless we trade down too far from #2 and miss out on him). I imagine we will draft a safety with our other 1st round pick.

Wide Receiver isn't a concern for me. Tavon Austin, Austin Pettis will naturally progress, Jared Cook has been a decent red zone threat (If only he would lose the dropped catches from his game), and Lance Kendricks I think could have a big 2014.
Id just like to see Chris Givens make a bigger contribution.

The final interesting point is our coaches. Its certain that Schottenheimer will get another year, but Tim Walton's future has been brought into question. We improved a lot on D at around about Bradford's injury, but that may have been down to Fisher being more hands on.
Old 02.01.2014, 10:02 AM
All Pro

I also agree with most of the starters but i'm not content with our receiving corps. I'd kick the tyres on Pettis, reminds me of Brandon Gibson in that we can let go of him and not be at much of a loss. Personally i'd like us to go after Jeremy Maclin in free agency, a proven guy who's still young then you've got Austin and Bailey who are dynamic, Quick as the big target and Givens who can play. I'd only give Quick one more season though he really does need to prove his worth.

Safety is definitely a draft need, i'v seen our name touted with HaHa Clinton-Dix, i wouldn't be crying if we took him on draft day. In an ideal world we can drop back from the #2 spot again, Bridgewater has declared and Clowney's potential is through the roof and if one of the other top QB's has a great combine/pro day then we're looking at alot of trade bait but i'd only go as far back as Atlanta if we're hoping to draft Jake Matthews.

I'd try and lock up Saffold but if he does go then i think it's a no brainer that we go OT in the first round.
Old 02.01.2014, 07:14 PM
MVP

I would like a WR in free agency and then maybe a CB too. Then a S, CB, G, T and either DT or OLB in the draft.
Old 02.01.2014, 09:45 PM
All Pro

I believe Alteraun Verner is a FA this year, Fisher drafted him, by accounts coming off a good year after impressing before that, is still only 25 so we'll get his best years. Problem is how much money he requires, but I think he'd be better than both Jenkins and Johnson, and he can move into the slot in nickel. I think as of right now, he might be my favourite potential FA acquisition, just all depends on money.

Sticking with ex Fisher players, Kenny Britt is going to be available, don't know if Fisher will take another risk, but he's shown he's happy to. Not sure if I'd want him personally, but the WR FA market doesn't look that great if you assume the likes of Decker gets re-signed. Hackeem Nicks maybe?

Safety has some quality in the short term in FA this year. So maybe we could look for DB's in FA and maybe go WR in the draft? I've lost interest in college ball so have no idea what the class is perceived to be like, not that that usually matters in reality.

Either way, apart from trading out of the #2 spot, I still think this roster is in a position that BPA could be viable. Apart from maybe DE, every other spot on this team could always use more talent.
Old 03.01.2014, 02:42 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaNo_Sco View Post
I believe Alteraun Verner is a FA this year, Fisher drafted him, by accounts coming off a good year after impressing before that, is still only 25 so we'll get his best years. Problem is how much money he requires, but I think he'd be better than both Jenkins and Johnson, and he can move into the slot in nickel. I think as of right now, he might be my favourite potential FA acquisition, just all depends on money.

Sticking with ex Fisher players, Kenny Britt is going to be available, don't know if Fisher will take another risk, but he's shown he's happy to. Not sure if I'd want him personally, but the WR FA market doesn't look that great if you assume the likes of Decker gets re-signed. Hackeem Nicks maybe?

Safety has some quality in the short term in FA this year. So maybe we could look for DB's in FA and maybe go WR in the draft? I've lost interest in college ball so have no idea what the class is perceived to be like, not that that usually matters in reality.

Either way, apart from trading out of the #2 spot, I still think this roster is in a position that BPA could be viable. Apart from maybe DE, every other spot on this team could always use more talent.
Please no more friends of Jeff Fisher, they're always (the two who we have) over paid busts. If we're going to spend money in free agency (which I'm not a big fan of outside of O line upgrades) let's go away from that.
Old 03.01.2014, 03:59 PM
All Pro

I think the only 2 players worthy of us staying at number 2 are Matthews or Clowney. With DE being our strength I cant see us going clowney although I wouldn't be gutted if we take him because he has the ability to be just as good as Quinn.

I'd love Allen Robinson in the 2nd but I think he's going to fly up draft boards and be a late 1st round pick.

Wouldn't mind darqueze dennard, I've watched a lot of sparty this year and he's been an outstanding in man coverage.
Old 03.01.2014, 05:41 PM
Rookie

There are a lot of good WRs available in the draft this time round so we could take a quality WR in the second round, especially if we were to trade down our #2 for extra picks. There are also a number of good offensive tackles but Matthews is way ahead of the rest and if we have a chance to take him I would like us to.

At Safety, Clinton-Dix is the standout performer and will be a first round pick but I like a few of those who are likely to go later in the draft and wouldn't be disappointed if we passed on Clinton-Dix and took a player like Watkins or Lewan at #13 instead. I'm not sure what CBs will be free agents this time round but I'd prefer to take one and add some experience to that position than rely on the draft.

#2 pick gives us so many possibilities and Jay Cutler signing for Bears takes out the only clear starting quarterback that was likely to be a free agent. That definitely increases the value of our pick and is Mariota changes his mind and declares we'll be in an even better position. I'm not a great fan of the quarterbacks in this draft class but there are a lot of teams who need to take one early.