Bye Bye Tomsula - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > San Francisco 49ers

Old 07.01.2016, 08:17 PM
Pro Bowler

Part of me thinks we're going to end up with Chip Kelly, but maybe if that was the case the hire would have been made by now?
Old 08.01.2016, 06:00 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by si_181 View Post
Part of me thinks we're going to end up with Chip Kelly, but maybe if that was the case the hire would have been made by now?
Chip met with us yesterday apparently so it seems there is mutual interest there. Would be an interesting proposition.

Also met with John DeFilippo apparently, surely not regarding the HC role? Maybe new QB coach.
Old 12.01.2016, 09:01 PM
Pro Bowler

So 9 days into the search and....

Rumours out tonight that we're out of the running for Jackson, as he wanted some roster control. And disagreement over Kap.

Coughlin interviewing today.

Mangini here we come.
Old 13.01.2016, 10:37 PM
Pro Bowler

Didn't they say the appointment would not be within. We will be one of the last NFL sides to appoint a head coach. I'd be shocked if Couglin takes the role, and if we plan to shed Kap then Chip won't be interested. All is forgiven Jimmy T come back.
Old 14.01.2016, 08:40 AM
Starter

Yeah, will probably be weeks of speculation and high profile names being interviewed, then they will appoint the long snappers coach from within who was "always the outstanding candidate".
Old 14.01.2016, 11:49 AM
All Pro

Seems my fears may be coming true and Baalke and York may be putting people off. For Jackson to be interviewed and then the FO brass to leave that room without making an offer tells me that interview didn't go very well. If it was a match made in heaven they would have offered there and then. Plus the comments he made in his presser about feeling comfortable with the Browns' FO speaks volumes, he clearly wasn't comfortable with the situation in Santa Clara.

Baalke has too much control. Reports of Baalke on the field coaching the DBs and Tomsula saying he had to defer to Baalke when making the decision to play Andrew Tiller who was CLEARLY better than Devey (well not defer exactly, but he had to let him know I think he said) gave us the first clues. Baalke is a pretty good GM but his control over this team seems to be exactly what people have speculated for some time, and that is a huge problem. No good coach is going to want to work under those circumstances, not one who is going to last for any length of time at any rate.

The scary thing is the Yorks have done this before. John York fired Mooch in favour of Terry Donahue as Mooch wanted more say, do these clowns never learn? I thought it was bad enough when Jed promoted a position coach to HC AGAIN after not learning his lesson with Sing, but this is far far worse.

Eddie D needs to slap some sense into these people.
Old 14.01.2016, 01:49 PM
Rookie

Until we got shot of Baalke we are just going to get stuck with a succession on yes men. Cannot see any decent coach accepting the GM having an influence over the day to day running of the team.
Old 14.01.2016, 04:16 PM
Pro Bowler

Mike Shanahan suddenly back in the running, although that feels to me a result of running out of other options.
Old 14.01.2016, 06:50 PM
Rookie

Hired Chip Kelly, how do you think this will work
Old 14.01.2016, 06:57 PM
All Pro

Chip it is. To be honest I haven't seen much of his Eagles. I do know he is an innovator and I actually like some of the things he does and it seems the problems were with his personnel decisions. Won't have that issue at least. But then how long will he stick around if he doesn't get much say? Who knows. It will be interesting/entertaining at least.

Now I have something to do in the offseason