....and Bulger goes down - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Rams

Old 23.11.2009, 11:58 PM
All Pro

Default ....and Bulger goes down

Broken tibia for Marc and expected to be out for 3 to 6 weeks.

It was obvious he was in a lot of pain at the end of the game on Sunday and I thought he ws actually concussed at first.

I'm assuming that Boller will go back in at QB but there are some Rams fans clamouring for Null to be given the reigns for a couple of games.

Should be interesting nonetheless.
Old 24.11.2009, 12:43 AM
All Pro

I think we've seen that Boller isn't going to take the Rams forward, I think he's an excellent choice for a backup as he was able to show against the Packers but I don't see any sense in giving him the starters job right now. Throw Null in and let us see what this kid can do.

Season has been over for a while so to me it makes perfect sense. Surely considering we're going to be picking very high in the draft this is an opportunity to see if we need to grab a top QB from the draft Or if we can take the BPA.

Who knows, that could possibly be the last we see of Bulger in a Rams jersey, and whilst I think he has been poor the last couple of years, he really was left hung out to dry with how bad our O Line was in that 05/06 period, although he was really impressive in 06, I think the beating he took just ruined him.
Old 24.11.2009, 01:36 AM
All Pro

I really hope that isn't Marc's last game for us because it would be a bad way to go down but it's clear that we need a new QB. I agree, throw Null in the deep end and see what he can do since we've got nothing to lose. If it's clear he's not going to cut it then we draft a franchise QB in the draft. I know he's hurt but my gut instinct is telling me to go with Sam Bradford.
Old 24.11.2009, 09:18 AM
MVP

To many hits over the years got him to fragile shame he was still our best bet to win vs the seahags next week , i go along the lines of he has played his last game as a rams he just has not done enough to save his job tbo.

God mr Boller comes in lets see he gonna run around more, fling ints all over the place i just dont trust him BUT willing to give him another chance as next week game is very winnable if he stinks then go to Null lets have a look see the last 5 weeks.

Bulger best pass and game as a Ram Sunday, October 10, 2004 St. Louis Rams 33 at Seattle Seahawks 27

Bulger hits Shaun McDonald in stride for a 52yd TD overtime win and even though he had thrown 3 int but this was a Mike Martz offence who call a lot of INTs as good as punts.
Old 24.11.2009, 01:52 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamjk View Post
It was obvious he was in a lot of pain at the end of the game on Sunday and I thought he ws actually concussed at first.
Looks like it's both. He's scheduled for tests today for those concussion symptoms.
Old 24.11.2009, 07:09 PM
Team Captain

Feel really sorry for Bulger if indeed he has played his last game for us, just as he was getting into his prime he lost some key play-makers and the o-line just disintegrated around him. As did our defense. If he had the same team around him as KW had it would be interesting to see how far he could have gone.

Anyway we need to look to the future, this season is all about rebuilding, so why not go for Null? Boller has been tried and tested and he can't cut it as a true starter, Null is our development QB, let's see what he has. If all goes well we can focus on other needs, if not a new QB in the draft is a must. Bulger would be good to keep around as a mentor but he will come at a price next year (not sure of is cap number but I know it's high).
Old 24.11.2009, 08:29 PM
MVP

He had his best years that why he got the $60mill contract looking back at his stats 2003 to 2006 when he had the great players around him, but like you said he has had some bad o-lines since and then this year just when the o-line comes together the WRs have limited skill at this time all young and if you look at the ones who were not even in training camp but are playing now....

Martin
Gibson
Amendola
Avery missed a month training camp and pre season foot injury
Kent

the rest on IR or cut

so it been hard on him to really get in sync, BUT all said and done he been a good servant to the Rams time for both parties to move on .

or if we draft a QB 1st/2nd round we could still keep Bulger as you dont want to stick a rookie in there straight away, could be a good teacher but i dont see it.

time to give Null a go we 1-9 and for what its worth the game we won the lions should have won it boy did there WRs have the droppies that day + no Calvin Johnson .
Old 28.11.2009, 10:23 PM
All Pro

Bulger Not Ready to Discuss Future - Post-Dispatch
Old 26.12.2009, 11:08 PM
MVP

Bulger now goes on IR will he ever play as a ram again that the ?

Last edited by Lock & Load; 26.12.2009 at 11:11 PM.